UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

I hope Benfica win today against Manchester United. :)

Unlucky Porto, Co Adriaanse sucks a lot and Ronald Koeman too... :(

Group Winners------------------------Group Runners-up
---------------------------------------------------------
Juventus (ITA)........................-FC Bayern München (GER)
B Arsenal FC (ENG)..................-AFC Ajax (NED)
C FC Barcelona (ESP)...............-Werder Bremen (GER)
D Villarreal CF (ESP)...............-SL Benfica (POR)
E AC Milan (ITA).......................-Eindhoven (NED)
F Olympique Lyonnais(FRA)|.........-Real Madrid CF (ESP)
G Liverpool FC (ENG)................-Chelsea FC (ENG)
H FC Internazional Milano...........- Rangers FC (SCO)

Group Winners cant play against other group winners and runners-up cant play against other runners-up.
There's also an exclusion against playing a team that has been faced in the group stage.

Last edited:
inter_211 said:
Group Winners------------------------Group Runners-up
---------------------------------------------------------
Juventus (ITA)........................-FC Bayern München (GER)
B Arsenal FC (ENG)..................-AFC Ajax (NED)
C FC Barcelona (ESP)...............-Werder Bremen (GER)
D Villarreal CF (ESP)...............-SL Benfica (POR)
E AC Milan (ITA).......................-Eindhoven (NED)
F Olympique Lyonnais(FRA)|.........-Real Madrid CF (ESP)
G Liverpool FC (ENG)................-Chelsea FC (ENG)
H FC Internazional Milano...........- Rangers FC (SCO)

Group Winners cant play against other group winners and runners-up cant play against other runners-up.

Isnt there also an exclusion against playing a team that you faced in the group stage (for the first knockout round game)?

So Benfica will face one of these:

Juventus
Arsenal
Barcelona
Milan
Lyon
Liverpool
Inter Milan

Feck me, bring on Barça! At least the Barça football show tour will stop in Lisbon... :)

airjoca said:
So Benfica will face one of these:

Juventus
Arsenal
Barcelona
Milan
Lyon
Liverpool
Inter Milan

Feck me, bring on Barça! At least the Barça football show tour will stop in Lisbon... :)

But will you still have Simao in the new year? Come to think of it, if he does go to Liverpõol Balompié, he'll be cup tied anyway.

Milanista said:
Liverpool is an exception, theyre considered as a free nation

But they can't play a group winner or a team from their group so they can't face English opposition in the next round anyway.

Watched the Man Utd game, thought the lack of respect shown to Benfica by the Sky pundits and in particular Andy Gray was disgusting. He said Benfica are "not a good side", and that "they're not good enough to play in the Premiership", by the last comment did he mean they'd get relegated if they played there? :roll:

Although Benfica deserved the win, I still found myself willing Man United to score, just to see how much of a change in attitude from Benfica there would be regarding 'injuries'.

Professor Nutmeg said:
But will you still have Simao in the new year? Come to think of it, if he does go to Liverpõol Balompié, he'll be cup tied anyway.

Simão will return in January! :mrgreen:

Edit:
ClassicD said:
Watched the Man Utd game, thought the lack of respect shown to Benfica by the Sky pundits and in particular Andy Gray was disgusting. He said Benfica are "not a good side", and that "they're not good enough to play in the Premiership", by the last comment did he mean they'd get relegated if they played there? :roll:

This make's me remember a portuguese proverbe...

"Voices of donkey don't arrive at the heaven."

Last edited:
Pelintra said:
This make's me remember a portuguese proverbe...

"Voices of donkey don't arrive at the heaven."

What are you saying, that Donkey's don't deserve to be at Heaven? :shock: How can you be so disrepectful to our asses?

FD

Oh believe me you should hear the commentator's down there, good laugh they are. Guess we'll get it all with Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal qualifying from their groups of death and then next Summer should be exceptionally great...............maybe we should call it Donkeysville.

FD

FD and ClassicD - since this is the first time a Scot team has gotten to the KO stages of the Champs League, do you find yourself rooting for Rangers, or is that NEVER gonna happen?

ghazi said:
FD and ClassicD - since this is the first time a Scot team has gotten to the KO stages of the Champs League, do you find yourself rooting for Rangers, or is that NEVER gonna happen?

Is the moon high, ghazi????
Is rain wet???
Was Mohamed Ali a muslim????
Have Rangers hoops????

I'll tell you what they want:

Rangers - Barcelona 0-4 (12', 44', 55', 86': Larsson)
Barcelona - Rangers 6-0 (1', 15', 33', 57', 63', 75': Larsson)

Last edited:
ghazi said:
Gerd is totally wrong, that scoreline isn't humiliating enough for Rangers. :mrgreen:

I want them humped, plain and simple. If they get humped, marvellous, if they do well then it raises the Scottish co-efficient and that's also good so Celtic fans can't really lose either way. The way they are going domestically, all they've done is ensure better seeding for Celtic/Hearts in next year's CL.

ghazi said:

Laughing_malta.JPG

FD

Back
Top Bottom