UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

I hope rangers get the 2nd place! really! I rather see porto on the UEFA cup.
in this moment porto can't compete in the level of the big guns of europe.

We thought we'd give your lot a chance at getting some European limelight, however you still make an arse of it when your getting hit with 'pub teams'. :lmao:

FD

Cruijff said:
Stunning night. PSV-Milan was a very exiting game, at least to me. The win wasn't desereved when you look at the overall game, but when you match a rich team with expensive players against a smaller team that had to let a couple of their playmakers go last season, 1-0 is a very good result.

Shevshenko is hopelessly out of shape. That guy needs some rest. I only noticed him once, when he took the free kick. But apart from that, a very good game. PSV Midfielder Aisatti impressed me in particular. And he's only 17 years old!

And yes, Almeida's goal was a beauty. A pitty that the reast of te game was awful.

Other than drawing 2 yellows on Stam, how did Beasley do overall?

foxtrot said:
Could have been worse. 5-0 anyone?

hehe...........you know that it's gonna irk with every Rangers fan out there, including you, that you couldn't beat them over 2 games after everything was said about the Celtic game. We put it right in the 2nd game, even though we went out.

Our 1st game was 1. An abysmal performance and 2. No-one knew a thing about this team. After it was all said and done they where labelled the 'Pub Team' and guess what, you couldn't win after 2 attempts. :lmao:

FD

Foxy, you're right that we're not in Europe and that's not something to be proud of. But we took an awful lot of criticism over that, so you have to expect your team to take some now. It was our manager's first game in charge, your manager is well-established. We also gubbed them 4-0, you couldn't beat them, at all.

Could be wrong, maybe I notice it more because it's a team from my nation in it, but this has to be one of the weakest CL groups I've seen since the tournament began. There is no excuse for not qualifying from this group, Artmedia are woeful and to say Porto are a shadow of Mourinho's team is being very generous.

Didn't see all the goals from yesterday, but Etoo's third was a peach. Also, the Porto goal at the San Siro was awesome.

Barcelona game was awesome. The last goal was a team masterpiece, and Messi's goal, chiping the ball over the keeper and still running to finish. Almeida's goal and Etoo goal are contender for goals of the tournament.

Unfortunaly we have problems in our defence and our coach can't take advantage of our team. The quality is there, but the guy is hard headed and doesn't put Diego and Lisandro playing, and we lost that game, althought no matter what Inter still deserved the win, because our coach was afraid and made stupid tactical decisions. A couple of weeks ago I said that Benfica's coach, Koeman gave the win to ManUtd, but the same I can say now for Porto's coach Adriaanse.

They are a pub team! I'm not saying anything different now because we never beat them. We're rank rotten this season and we've been getting criticised for weeks now over our shite form in the league and against Artmedia.

I'm not going to defend Rangers over the games against Artmedia. But for any Celtic fan to try and slag us for it is just baffling. 5-0. No excuses.

Every game at Ibrox now is followed by boos. There are more and more empty seats each home game. The sooner we get a new manager and new players, the better.

ghazi said:
Other than drawing 2 yellows on Stam, how did Beasley do overall?

he is a little insecure, especially against defeners who dont give him alot of space..this results in alot of tiny mistakes, but overall the thread wich is coming from him and his speed, and the fact that he is a team player who doesnt give up on his defensive task makes him valuable in these big matches.

its always the same with beasly, especially in big matches: some think he was great, others dont think he is up to it yet.

for the national team of USA he is proberly more of a star then for psv. i guess it has to do with the fact that he has more defensive tasks at psv so less energy for attacking moves.

PESV - thanks for your insight. I get to see all the Champs League games at the UEFA website, but i havent been able to sit down and watch that one yet, so i appreicate it.

I used to watch Beasley in chicago all the time, but i got sick of his lack of development in his last season here. then his move to PSV seemed to really add some polish, confidence and skill. Defensively, he is a committed solider and some argue the best on the national team.

In my mind, he is our best player on the US team, and I'm hoping more of our guys can get out to the Dutch systems and learn total football.

A draw against Rangers, where the fault goes all to Adriannense, he changed the team who had been winning, and did the most ridiculous subs, i think he should retire by now... he always makes this things on important games...

Why didn't McCarthy play again? Was it his hairstyle again? :roll:

Thank god he never joined Celtic back in 2000 if reports are true. Imagine him saying to Henrik 'Sorry, your not getting a game because of that hairdo'. :lmao:

FD

They did in another thread.

Just saw a replay in the small boxes of the interactive mode on Sky, but it looked a lovely finish indeed. Think he's actually a really good striker, has pace is big, got a good touch and can score too.

FD

Back
Top Bottom