UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Risk giving yourself concussion and leaving your team with 10 men just so you can make someone bleed, at home during the CL. Not something I would do myself really. I would rather grab his balls Gazaa style or wait untill nobody is looking and give him a smack to the face.

Amazing Udinese win, i just hope they'll keep up the excellent work. :applause:
Also great ball control and finishing from Dennis Bergkamp :salute: {|=

Juventus surprised me...they were very very strong in the first half (they did not score in that first half but Brugge's goallie pulled a couple of miraculous saves out of his sleeves and was lucky on a couple of other occasions). Based on what i saw in that first half, Juventus can be considered among the favourites for the CL, but of course it's still early days.

Sulph said:
FT Olympiakos (Gre) 1 - 3 Rosenborg (Nor)a
Nobody impressed by this? This was highly unexpected, Rosenborg is 3 points from relegation in norway. Liverpool struggled as hell when they played olympiakos away last season..

JeJe said:
Nobody impressed by this? This was highly unexpected, Rosenborg is 3 points from relegation in norway. Liverpool struggled as hell when they played olympiakos away last season..

I'm was more surprised by the goals scored in that game. :lol:

Am i the only one here who thinks that Inter has a solid team and can take this whole thing?. They didn win enough games last season, but they only lost 4, and with Solari, Figo and Samuel added to their squad, i think they can knock some heads this season.

Ajax-Arsenal by a mile Prof...(so you better watch the other one, that will be the better)

Professor Nutmeg said:
Which game do you think will be best to watch as a neutral? Man Utd/Benfica or Ajax/Arsenal. I quite fancy watching Simao and his crew.

You'll see Simão, Miccoli and Manuel Fernandes show! ;)

btw it will be nice to see Ruud van Nistelrooy Vs. Nuno Gomes, they did played last time in season 96/97 (if I'm not in error), in PSV x Benfica, Benfica did win by 1-2 Nuno Gomes scored 2 goals and RvN 1. :D

It's great to see Nuno Gomes scoring much goals again, and it will be excellent for the game Ruud score goals. :mrgreen:

If I'm being realistic, it'll be a 1-1 draw but I'm hoping for a thrashing. Man Utd fans havent seen one in a looooooooooong time. But with 4 key players missing, it wont be easy.

Really? I didnt find them very good 2 weeks ago in Eindhoven, id say Milan take one of their sneaky 1-0 wins, Kaka will probably score an amazing goal again.

Ajax vs Arsenal should be good, Arsenal are missing some players, but so are we unfortunately....

airjoca said:
And Greece was gonna get battered in Euro 2004, and look how that turned out... :)

Mate, thats a one off.

-

I have to admit we might struggle tonight especially with our key players missing. If we leave with a draw that would be a good enough result IMO.

Milanista said:
Ive got a bad feeling about Schalke, I think we might lose or tie.

I think you guys have the toughest group. PSV, Shalke and AC Milan is not an easy road for any of the teams. Especially the minnow in the group, and i cant remember which team that is.

Asamoah is out injured, and that's a good thing, cuz i think his hustle could give problems to your backline as they tire in the second half. Still, Milan is as good a team to pick to win it all as any.

I'm not psychic, but i knew Greece was going to win Euro 2004 (before it started) £10 at 66/1 is not a bad return either ;)

I think i'll start watching Man/Benf and flick. It's alaways the other game you're not watching which seems to be better.

I can't belive, Koeman is doing sh*t! Beto doesn't playing nothing and Benfica still very defesive, only fools defend like that. And Nuno Gomes... bah!!

No comments... :(

Results:

Bayern 1-0 Club Brugge
Juventus 3-0 Rapid
Ajax 1-2 Arsenal
Thun 1-0 Sparta
Barcelona 4-1 Udinese
Panathinaikos 2-1 Bremen
Lille 0-0 Villarreal
Man. United 2-1 Benfica

Highlights were Arsenal managing an away win, Barcelona's win by 4-1.

Can't wait for tommorrow.

I dind't watched the match. The only game I saw was Man Utd gainst Benfica.
But probably the set pieces made the difference. Ronaldinho then Deco.
oh and Ronaldinho scored 3 goals. Heard Messi had a nice game. Gonna try and see the highlights later.

Pelintra said:
I can't belive, Koeman is doing sh*t! Beto doesn't playing nothing and Benfica still very defesive, only fools defend like that. And Nuno Gomes... bah!!
Really bad match for Beto and Van Nistelrooy always present; good match of Barcelona, apparently the rest did well to Ronaldinho.

ooh_harry said:
agreed....no offence Benfica fans but your obv. gna get battered by united....so i'd say the ajax-arsenal since its quite even (cant believe i just said that)

I don't believe benfica will face such a soft and lost Manure again ever... benfica lost their golden chance of doing something positive in old trafford, such was the lost in space overall image of man united...

Koeman did it nice.

Watched Bayern-Brugge.
Once again a Belgian team lost by a referee error in Munich. Ismael clearly controlled the ball with both hands. Two defensive errors by Brugge on that goal too. First Butina goes under the cross, then the hands ball and finally Di Michelis manages to score surrounded by 4 Brugge players.
Bayern was far from impresive yesterday but Brugge was weak...Bosko Balaban may be big in Belgium but in Europe he is a midget..

Fenerbahce 3 PSV 0

Final result

:applause:

Schalke 2 - 2 Milan

what a goal by hamit altintop :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe Porto lost. Bah, they can only complain about themselves by missing so many clear chances.
Great goal by the Schalke man. And that Alex backheel pass was fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom