UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Plus, every new player this year is under 25. That's not signing "old marketing players". These new guys are not t-shirt sellers, they are team makers.

I agree with your previous post Gedtillo.

But one must wait to see woodgate perform, and If not mistaken they bought a CB, don't remember the name, and Pavon is crap no matter what people say he is not a player for that club. And about woodgate they didn't seem to take into consideration that he is injury prone. And that fact reminds me of Milito, player that they rejected cause they said that he was injury prone, but has been playing great in the last 2 years.

Pavón is not crap. I see him play every week. I have seen him perform great against United, Juve, Barça... He's a fantastic defender, here in Spain he is very appreciated, I don't know why he's not in Europe.

Milito was a bad move... but they really thought he was not alright, otherwise they'd not sold him. They did not want another Prosinecki case... however they got it with Woody, that's bad luck.

They've just signed Sergio Ramos, who's playing with the national team and was one of the best defenders in Spain last year, and the best young player.

Matchday 1, Tuesday 13th September

Milan - Fenerbahçe
PSV - Schalke
Lyon - Real Madrid
Olympiacos - Rosenborg
Betis - Liverpool
Chelsea - Anderlecht
Artemedia - Internazionale
Rangers - Porto

Matchday 1, Wednesday 14th September

Clubbe Brugge - Juventus
Rapid - Bayern
Arsenal - Thun
Sparta - Ajax
Bremen - Barcelona
Udinese - Panathinaikos
Benfica - Lille
Villareal - Man United

Villareal - Man United is probably the biggest match on the wednesday. Not sure what to watch on tuesday though. Maybe Lyon vs Madrid.

Since both tuesday and wednesday there will be portuguese teams playing, I'm gonna watch Porto on tuesday and benfica on wednesday.

But latter on I gonna take some time to watch the higlights of all matches.

Ah shit Tuesday it's Chelsea-Anderlecht...i have to go to my son's school...
Anderlecht is by far the weakest team in the group but i have a feeling that they could win point more easily againt either Liverpool or Chelsea than against Betis...(Prof: for the record i have never said that Anderlecht is even in the same league as those two clubs, but i think English football suits Belgian teams better than Spanish or Italian...after all a couple of years ago Anderlecht managed to beat Man Utd after having been thrashed at Old Trafford)

gerd said:
Ah shit Tuesday it's Chelsea-Anderlecht...i have to go to my son's school...
Anderlecht is by far the weakest team in the group but i have a feeling that they could win point more easily againt either Liverpool or Chelsea than against Betis...(Prof: for the record i have never said that Anderlecht is even in the same league as those two clubs, but i think English football suits Belgian teams better than Spanish or Italian...after all a couple of years ago Anderlecht managed to beat Man Utd after having been thrashed at Old Trafford)

I dont see anderlecht getting a point from Chelsea IMO , maybe a draw form liverpool at home . I think they will be fighting for 3rd spot, proberly end up in 4th with Betis and Liverpool fighting for second . Agaist Man u anderlecht had much better strikers in Koller and Radzinski.

You could well be right Cloud...
Theoretically Anderlecht is the weakest team in that group, there is no doubt about that..what i wanted to say is that if they can win points it will have to be against one of the English clubs (but there is one fact i did not take in consideration: both Benitez and Mourinho are tactically skilled managers, much better than Ferguson).
About Anderlechts strikers. I'm not quite sure if Koller and Radzinski were really better than Mbo Mpenza (who is playing fantastically this season) and Akin Serhat. The problem will be Anderlechts central midfield. Both Vanderhaeghe and Zetterberg are old and slow...players like Lampard, Makelele, Xavi Alonso and Gerrard will blown them away...

The official UEFA Champions' League version of the fantasy football is now up and running.

I've set up a league called 'Evo-Web Tarts' if you want to join, and the code is '27425-5147'.

The link to the site is here. Hope you'll play ;).

Well maybe i can see the second half if my son hasn't been behaving mischievous (he's 2,5 years old but a real rascal...and i love him for it).
But i'm afraid the match will be already decided by then...

Kaka Was Great tonight , Nice composure For the second goal , Shame The huns won though :(

KAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking fener fans are losers, started throwing flares, game ended early. Tuncay is a real talent, hes gunna get better and better. But anyway... KAKA!!! WHAT A SECOND GOAL!!!

fuck this UTTER SHIT !!

LAST 4 MINS AND WE FUCKIN LOST , IM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW IT WAS FUCKIN 1-1

kaka had a great chance to run 50 m, we shouldnt have given him that chance and take him down,

we played very well until fuckin selcuk and our captain made mistakes , i hate this crap ...

86th minute and we lost

Milanista said:
KAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking fener fans are losers, started throwing flares, game ended early. Tuncay is a real talent, hes gunna get better and better. But anyway... KAKA!!! WHAT A SECOND GOAL!!!

Kaká is the new "Mágico Maestro Rui Costa"! :D

sad loss, it was away game though, we still played good , better then last CL , but in the end we lost at a sad moments.

foxtrot said:
What was the Celtic score tonight?
:applause: :lmao: Im wondering who they wanted to win hmmm the team from the same country , nahh never gonna happen how about the team that "stole" their Uefa cup glory PRICELESS!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

Fucking irritating game tonight between rangers and porto.
disaster ref. How could he allow that second goal? :x

rangers were damm lucky today.

What a game.Prso headbutt on Emanuel (and he had to be substituted), an illegal goal, Sokota injury and because of that having to play with 10 for almost 20 min, the much better game porto played. :( But well that's just football, one has to hope thatb better days will come, and no ref mistakes! :x

Olympique Lyon may not be the best team of the last 3 seasons, it certainly is the most attractive....did i enjoy that thrashing of Madrid...

Prso clearly went for the ball, but I agree, how the ref allowed that 2nd goal is beyond me. You see the GK get a FK when someone breathes on him from 5 yards out, yet you can jump into him and that is allowed, ok.

Looked to me like Baia's leg actually knocked the ball in as he was falling back, but anyway although Rangers won I think they played shite, conceeding 2 corners.

"What was the Celtic score tonight?"

Hush, do you want tanned off Hibs again? :p

Back
Top Bottom