UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Revan said:
Fucking irritating game tonight between rangers and porto.
disaster ref. How could he allow that second goal? :x

rangers were damm lucky today.

What a game.Prso headbutt on Emanuel (and he had to be substituted), an illegal goal, Sokota injury and because of that having to play with 10 for almost 20 min, the much better game porto played. :( But well that's just football, one has to hope thatb better days will come, and no ref mistakes! :x

The "Illegal" goal u talk about , your own manager said the keeper should have delt with it and said it was a perfectly legit goal....

Revan said:
Fucking irritating game tonight between rangers and porto.
disaster ref. How could he allow that second goal? :x

rangers were damm lucky today.

What a game.Prso headbutt on Emanuel (and he had to be substituted), an illegal goal, Sokota injury and because of that having to play with 10 for almost 20 min, the much better game porto played. :( But well that's just football, one has to hope thatb better days will come, and no ref mistakes! :x

The headbutt was an accident. He clearly went for the ball.
The second goal was a foul. Surprised the referree allowed it but there you go. Baia shouldn't have gone into the challenge expecting a foul.
20mins with 10 men? More like 10mins. And you had already made 3 subs. Not anyones fault.

j4y3m said:
Rangers are like that, they'll cheat any way possible, you'll have to get used to it... We did.

:lmao:

Explain how we cheated.

It's funny to see Celtic fans sympathising with Porto fans this morning. They seem to have forgotten about "Suville"

Only caught the goals from the Rangers game, I didn't see the headclash. I think Prso's goal was what we'd call 'a homer', if the game was in Dragao that would never have been allowed to stand. Having said that I'm only talking about UEFA's already pre-set rule for this type of incident, I didn't think Prso did too much wrong and Baia definitely thought "I'll have a foul here" before he even 'contested' the ball. I'd say it was a poor decision to give a foul on Buffel for the 3rd goal though, TV replays clearly show the Porto player got a foot on the ball cleanly.

Anyway, no I'm not sympathising with Porto fans, it's a team I don't have any time for, for obvious reasons (look in the first half, one of their players holding his face as if Ferguson had hammered it with the elbow, never touched him). However I think Vitor Baia was the only member of last night's side left from "Suville", so it's not a case of forgetting anything it's a completely different squad and manager.

Lyon are excellent, I thought they'd crumble a bit under Houllier (his style of play at Liverpool was hardly classy) but they are still playing great football.

Great goal by Kaka, but the fella who said someone should have halved him is right. Milan scoring twice in the dying minutes to win, they did it to us last year, game goes for 90 mins not 85 ;).

Lyon revving up again, Madrid being torn too pieces again and Kaka scoring tow great goals(the 2nd simular to the one he scored at the weekend but better) I guess the greatness which is the CL is back.

errrr the player your talking about that was holding his face, was Cesar Peixoto, whose in that play, got out of the pitch bleeding of his nose...

Highlights of all matches of 13september in 1 file

FT AC Milan (Ita) 3 - 1 Fenerbahce (Tur)
FT PSV Eindhoven (Hol) 1 - 0 Schalke (Ger)
FT Lyon (Fra) 3 - 0 Real Madrid (Spa)
FT Olympiakos (Gre) 1 - 3 Rosenborg (Nor)a
FT Chelsea (Eng) 1 - 0 Anderlecht (Bel)
FT Real Betis (Spa) 1 - 2 Liverpool (Eng)
FT Petrzalka 0 - 1 Inter Milan (Ita)
FT Rangers (Sco) 3 - 2 FC Porto (Por)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=03HNDHS2

ClassicD said:
I didn't see any blood, I'll have to take your word for it.

The referee thought he was faking it, but then as he realized he was bleeding he almost apoligised...

Porto were very unlucky indeed, but they shot themselves in the foot way too many times...

excuse me, but I consider that headbutt by Prso everything but an accident.
Maybe he's just plain dumband has eyes on the back of his head, I don't know how he expected to hit the ball, in that situation since the ball comes from behind him.

Cesar Peixoto was not faking, he was hit by Ferguson.

Cloud1863 said:
The "Illegal" goal u talk about , your own manager said the keeper should have delt with it and said it was a perfectly legit goal....

you high or something? legit goal? you sure it's the same match we're talking about?

How the fuck was it meant by Prso, I mean what do you want, for him to stand still like a muppet while the Porto player gets the ball?. Prso only used his height, I am pretty sure any player woulda went for the ball aswell, you don't look around you, your eyes are on the ball, hence why he clashed with the guy.

Just remember Prso got burst open aswell, now why would he mean that?. Doing something like that could leave you with a concussion or break your nose and you get subbed. Now I can't imagine he risked all of that just to headbutt the player, and I am also sure if you weren't a Porto fan you would have thought the same.

Ball came from behind him?. ROFL I must be blind because I am pretty sure the ball was INFRONT of him, why the hell would he go for a header when the ball was behind him?

Basing this on other decisions, when people say the keeper should have won the ball, that ain't the point, point is Prso jumped infront of him, now it ain't like Prso is a small player, so trying to grab the ball with him jumping on you isn't easy is it?

I have seen keepers get a fk for the slighest of touches, so the way I see it, the goal should have been disallowed.

And you lot are confused, the guy who got elbowed wasn't the one that clashed heads, and he sure as hell wans't cut open either. The guy who "got" elbowed fell to the ground like fuck knows what and on the replay you could see Ferguson didn't even touch him, but I never expected less from Porto, to me they are a bunch of dirty diving bastards, always have been and most likely always will be.

So you're saying Cesar Peixoto started bleeding by himself, maybe he's a sadomasochist who inflicted self wounding to gain a foul. And since when Porto are a bunch of dirty diving bastards? I don't remember Porto gaining anything by diving to the floor, maybe you want Porto players to stand up, when a foul is commited on them...

I'm sure Rangers will pay "the broadbean".

I'm not Porto supporter, and I don't like him, but I'm honest and Prso did maked foul. BTW Rangers wouldn't be able to win here in Portugal, b'cuz it's very hard to draw and most hardest to win in Dragão.

My lord, hat trick by Iaquinta in his first ever CL game, and Udinese's first ever CL game. Great result for Italian football this week, all wins, and also for Udine fans.

Last edited:
foxtrot said:
Explain how we cheated.

It's funny to see Celtic fans sympathising with Porto fans this morning. They seem to have forgotten about "Suville"
It's an different team now, none of the diving cheats or crap (well not crap but his tatics are) manager.

And anyway Rangers probably didn't cheat but the refs do it for them.

Last edited:
Milanista said:
My lord, hat trick by Iaquinta in his first ever CL game, and Udinese's first ever CL game. Great result for Italian football this week, all wins, and also for Udine fans.

You'll Iaquinta see next year in a big italian club like Milan, or maybe in another great european team. ;)

kingpug said:
The guy who "got" elbowed fell to the ground like fuck knows what and on the replay you could see Ferguson didn't even touch him, but I never expected less from Porto, to me they are a bunch of dirty diving bastards, always have been and most likely always will be.

No? There must have been somekind of special effects on your TV, the kind that make elbows disappear. That kind of tec hasn't arrived here yet.

Diving? I won't bother discuss this, cause this has going on for years since the uefa final.

foxtrot said:
So because the referee made the wrong decision, that means Rangers cheated?

no of course not. I just got upset cause it was so fracking obvious that it was a foul.

But thank god it was just the first game and away. So no big loss here.
At the start of the game I was expecting a tie, but has the game went on I was already looking for a win.

Revan said:
No? There must have been somekind of special effects on your TV, the kind that make elbows disappear. That kind of tec hasn't arrived here yet.

Portugal don't have that new technlogy, because we're a country of the 3rd world... :lmao:

Baia was fouled. Rangers didn't deserve it, but oh well, atleast it made Porto's fans calm down...

Go Benfica! We should've raped Lille, too much bad luck on the same match ;/

OH MY FECKING GOD.

I never seen any blood when Barry Ferguson was supposed to have elbowed someone, only blood I seen was when they clashed heads with Prso, show me some photos because I must have passed out because I only seen one person bleeding.

Look, when someone goes down like they are a bit paper in a hurricane I call that diving, call it whatever you want because I don't care.

Yet again show me some proof that Ferguson actually elbowed him and show me the player bleeding after it "happened".

Well week over for CL. Most impressive team for me, although granted I never saw all the game was Lyon. I'm just starting to wonder if Essien might have done a Owen and we'll see a team selling one of it's top players and then claiming the big one.

Barca also looked very good.

As for the games I watched. Rangers, guess I'll sound just anti-rangers but have to agree with the Porto fans on here, Prso for me should've been sent-off, considering the Arsenal guy got sent off for something far less cynical and someone who didn't actually see the man in front of him until it was too late. He's also one for throwing his arms around such as busting McManus's nose open a couple of weeks earlier, if that was Bobo or BBJ we'd have it splattered all over the back pages. I personally think goalies are over-protected, but thought it was a foul, Prso jumped and actually his arm obstructed Baia's left hand, although really it couldn't have happened to a nicer chap. And as CD said, Buffel got a foul for nowt. And yes Bazza did smack the guy in the mouth and he was bleeding. And I don't want to hear another word about Martin O'Neill's team playing high balls.

Last night I was switching between both games (Man Utd and Arsenal), once again Arsenal are unconvincing even though year after year they seem to get an easy passage to the next round but they're always struggling. As for Man Utd, thought they did well and before Rooney spat the dummy (again) they looked like the only team that would win. Have to say, about Forlan..............must be something with the Man Utd strip. :lol: He was absolute pish.

FD

Sent off for what though, going for the ball?. I think kicking someone in the face and going for the ball is different, I never seen what happened with Van Persie but it sounded like the ref got it wrong. If I am being honest I even think Prso getting a yellow was a bad decision, if you give him a yellow why not the Porto player?

Like I said, big players like him will try and win any ball, they don't think with their head on the pitch, Rooney is a perfect example.

Prso's goal should have been disallowed though, like I have said GK's get FK's for MUCH MUCH less, and I agree they are over protected.

I never seen blood, and I don't understand why they didn't zoom in if he did cut the Porto player, either that or I just missed it, but I never heard one word from the commentators about Ferguson cutting him open.

But if Rangers cheat because they get easy fouls, then so does every team in the entire world, it ain't the team who should get the blame, only the referee is to blame, after all Rangers don't decide what is/isn't a FK, so how is it their fault exactly?

I do agree though, if Hartson/Balde did what Prso done it woulda been slammed all over the back page making it out like they meant it etc. And no I don't like Rangers, imo they are a dirty side, but I ain't going to come here talking aload of lies because I don't like the team.

I'm not saying they cheated.

But I think Prso went in to do him, if you watched the highlights package later on, Curbishley and the other guy (don't know his name) said that Prso was lucky to stay on the park. The other guy headed the ball away, whilst Prso went in and if you look never looked at the ball at all as he charged in, for me he done him. I don't swallow this 'well he got hurt, why would he do that', ask Alan Hutton and Paul Gascoigne about such things.

As for Ferguson, there was contact and yes I saw blood.

As for Van Persie, a booking should have been suffice, just for dangerous play, but you can see clearly he is looking at the ball and as he jumps and looks round he notices Orman (jeez, never knew he left Hibs) and you could see him trying to miss him, but there was no chance and he clattered into him. As for the Arsenal fans, they oughta get a life, booing Orman for it, jesus his face was mashed and they where booing him like he was play-acting.

FD

Back
Top Bottom