UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Re: UEFA Champions League 04/05 Thread

Yep from Biscan to Zidane, how cruel on poor Michael. :lol:

Can't really say that, you might've not got there with Owen, best looking at what you've got instead of what if.

FD

well, PSV won 3-1, but not enough, GREAT JOB ANYWAY!!!! :) :)

Good game PSV, too bad theyre not in the final. Im happy because milan went through, but PSV played a great game, but were quite tired in the 2nd half.

Kaka great game, and i dunno what to say im too exicted.

Milan pulled it out the bag again ...

What a finish to a Game, Unlucky PSV they were the better Team over the 2 Legs but Milan have a habit of doing enough to sneak through.

P.S.

Andy Gray jinxed poor PSV with his commentary ... "What a cruel Game it would be if Milan were to score now" he said .... 30 Secs Later Ambrosini is nodding it in the Net ! :shock:

Last edited:

PSV very lucky versus Lyon
PSV very unlucky versus Milan

lol what this final without Barca, Lyon, PSV or Chelsea :roll:

liverpool is very lucky to be in finals :D

ok im calm now.

PSV had the better game, but at certain points they seemed tired and milan began to have patches of better-ness. But then when Maldini came off, we really suffered from the wingers since kaladze is very offensive. Again PSV failed to capitalize on many chances, which imo costed them. But then in the last 15ish minutes PSV seemed very tired, and Milan began to look on top, with kaka being brilliant, also for setting up the goal. THen came the scariest 4 minutes of my life........

its unfortunate that a team playing like PSV tonight is out of the CL, but im not gunna complaine because my team is in the finals.

Seedorf suffered, he kept getting booed, and he wasnt playing in his real position. Kaka imo was Milan's best, and Ambrosini was excellent in the last 10 minutes. Tomasson was a good sub too, hes good at holding the ball.

btw - did anyone hear the UEFA analyst? PSV apparently 'forgot' to sell tickets to the Milan fans so less than 1000 milan fans were at the stadium!

Milan almost stayed out.
If it wasn't for the away goal...
hard to lose that way... but it's the luck of champions.
a very tactical final unfortunaly! Just hope not as bad as the Milan-Juve a couple years back! :\ But looking at the way lpool played with chelski and the way milan plays! :\

Milanista, where the hell is Inzaghi?

maldini was sent off?

Last edited:

He just recovered last week from a long injury, hes not 100% yet, so Ancelotti didnt want to risk anything.

WE'RE THROUGH!!! FIRST POOL THEN NOW MILAN!!!!!! THERE IS A GOD!!!! AAAAAAAMBROOOOOOOOOGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! IM IN A LOSS OF WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!! DREAM FINAL!!!!! MILAAAAN POOOOOL

FORZA ROSSONERI

pfff had a déja vu tonight, it was just like Ac Milan - Ajax 2 years ago. PSV was the better team over 180 min, but just like Cruijf said, they failed in those 5 min of the game they had to be sharp.

Talking from a completely neutural perspective (I bet €5,- on Milan), I have have seen the best two teams fail in the semi-finals. Celsea was (just bearly) on top of Liverpool, while PSV was totally dominating AC Milan. Tonight, maybe the best team in Europe was knocked out. And that's not just because I'm Dutch. It's because PSV was the only well playing team over all four games played past week.

I was beginning to wonder why I never watched Italian football anymore. Tonight refreshed my memory.

I totally agree mr Cruijff;) I think what we saw tonight is exactly what Marco van Basten means with dominant and attractive football

Precicely. I saw some good, attacking football tonight. This was a good example of a good game. Even though Milan totally didn't live up to the expectations (was this supposed to be the favourite), if you compare it to games such as, let's say, Liverpool-Chelsea, it was magnificent.

The only bad thing about the game was that the winner lost.

Attractive football doesnt always guarantee results, it was proven tonight by Milan and last night by Liverpool. In my opinion the 2nd half was very entertaining, and tense as hell.

Funny how Milan have beaten the teams who Cruiff supported and criticized Milan with - Barcellona - Milan 0-4 and now Milan - PSV 3-3 (theoretically its 4-3).

Last edited:

Attractive football doesnt always guarantee results

I think that has been the main problem of the Dutch clubs and international team, resulting in few international prizes. This season PSV found a good mix of attractive football and control in their play.

congrats milan but double congrats psv
eindhoven could have beem rocking with milans blood

but psv showed footballs greatest weapon "BELIEF"

good luck 2 both teams

What an injustice, PSV were the better team over both legs imo

Milanista said:
Attractive football doesnt always guarantee results, it was proven tonight by Milan and last night by Liverpool.
True, but when i go to a stadium i want to see a nice game, thats why i'm Barca fan. PSV played nice football tonight, OK milan scored the important goal but lets be honest, the second goal in Milan was pure LUCK, and the goal tonight was because of 1 mistake in the defense. imo Milan is lucky, just as PSV was in the game against Lyon.

ARGH! Greeks instead of Czechs in 2004! French instead of Dutch in 2000! French instead of Dutch in 1998!

Thanks for getting all those images back into my head.

And now, as I always say after a football dissapointment: "Let's go back to worrying about stuff that reall matters!"

rip-soldier said:
True, but when i go to a stadium i want to see a nice game, thats why i'm Barca fan. PSV played nice football tonight, OK milan scored the important goal but lets be honest, the second goal in Milan was pure LUCK, and the goal tonight was because of 1 mistake in the defense. imo Milan is lucky, just as PSV was in the game against Lyon.

Id always want an entertaining match, but its different when the team you supported for your life wins that way. I couldnt care less if Milan were rubbish to watch tonight because qualification felt MUCH better.

I dont fully agree that Milan's goal was luck. PSV were tired after controlling and running all game, Kaka, who imo was Milan's best, took advantage over the fatigue and crossed it to Ambrosini, who was left unmarked due to the fatigue i suppose. Milan did what PSV couldnt over both legs, take the vital chances home. Like Cruijff said above, PSV werent sharp during the moment they needed to be sharp... thats how we scored, and I think its Milan's strength...just like against Inter who were stronger both legs, but we took our chances when they didnt.

But then again PSV played better, and im happy to admit that. But if the opposite happened (PSV scoring on the last minute to go thru after playing poorly), i doubt you would really complain.

true, that's the difference between European top and just below it, Milan netting about 80 % of their chances and PSV about 25 % of their chances.

Milanista said:
But then again PSV played better, and im happy to admit that. But if the opposite happened (PSV scoring on the last minute to go thru after playing poorly), i doubt you would really complain.
That's the best part of football. If they win, it's luck. If we win, it's purely because we are the best team in excistence. Sometimes, that altitude is great to wintess. But most of the time, it just sounds stupid.

Am I beving according to those rules saying PSV's defeat today has been the most unjust loss since EURO 2004 (Czech Republic-Greece 0-1)and EURO 2000 (Netherlands-Italy 0-0)?

Back
Top Bottom