UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Re: UEFA Champions League 04/05 Thread

imo a goal, Gallas' leg entered the goal when he cleared it too. If not i woulda given a PK.

Milanista, even TV replays haven't (so far) been able to confirm the ball completely crossing the line and that includes one angle very close to what the linesman would have seen. It seems to me one of those goals which you just can't tell if it was in or not, but nevertheless if it wasn't in then it should have been a penalty and Cech sent off anyway.

Well done Liverpool, fantastic defensive show. I just hope Mourinho can be philosophical about this defeat and not basically blame it on the 'decision' about the goal. Liverpool deserved this win for their fantastic show of defense.

have to agree chelsea never had a chance till 95th minute

Congrats Lpool.

One of the most balanced games I have ever seen! Equal teams. 1 goal chance for each side. Lpool scored. chelsea didn't!

Cant wait to hear those complaints - "Chelsea cheated out of Europe" etc...

Great team performance, CHelsea were never convincing imo until that shot by Gudjohnson in stoppage time.

Now to hope Milan succeed and head to Istanbul.

Very fair acting by Mourinho after the match.He's cool.

congrats pool am loving ur avartar classic d

also can ne one see how jaded the players are so the treble is no easy feat so imagine wot united went thru

Good game full of tension. Hope the final is as good.

Mourinho when asked did the best team win, saying "no, the best team lost". Considering Dudek made 1 save in 2 games I think he's got a bit of a cheek, Liverpool came to London and played better than Chelsea, then came home, scored, and defended their lead.

Having said that he's just been papped out of the comp, suppose he's entitled to a greet and a moan.

Doping said:
You'll never walk alone…

Made me laugh- i remeber the other week seeing someone in the crowd holding their scarf aloft, but the end had folded over. :lmao:

Anyhow, i don't think you can give that as a goal, but shit happens.

Liverpool worked really hard and deserved something from the game though.

Nobody cheated anybody, if that goal never went in Cech woulda mostlikely been sent off.

If I am being honest, Liverpool got cheated more than Chelsea, aka Carvalho not getting a single yellow after 2 bad challenges, Baros got a yellow for piss all.

Still, Liverpool were the better team, its just a shame they had to basicaly defend for a whole half, how can Chelsea score when they have to get the ball beyond like 8 Liverpool players?.

Chelsea should be proud, they attacked for almost the entire match, they did all they could, maybe if they had a special player to do special things, they coulda scored. Lampard played piss imo, his crosses were very poor.

Putting Huth up front was funny though, and its actually a very good idea, just a shame there wasnt enough crosses getting to him.

I dont really think the ball WAS over the line, but like I said, Cech shoulda beent sent off anyway, so it doesnt really matter, because Liverpool woulda probably scored the penalty, and Chelsea would be with 10 men and without Cech.

Would be good if Liverpool played that good in the Premierleague though, maybe they coulda even finshed 3rd or something.

I dont think Liverpool will beat AC Milan though, lets wait and see :)

So happy n this from a Man U fan!

Come on Milan!

Well done Liverpool...defended superbly.
Chelsea were good, but over the 2 legs Liverpool seemed to be a better collective
unit and scored the decisive goal when it mattered.

The final will be interesting....most likely to be versus AC Milan.....
Liverpool's tactics will be similar...to attack with a high tempo in the first
half and then sit back if they get the goal...

Where the heck did six minutes of injury time come from? Five subs equals 2 mins 30, right? Gudjohnsen, Drogba injuries? Still can't see where it came from....4 mins yes, but 6??!!

Dead Man said:
So happy n this from a Man U fan!

Come on Milan!

Don't laught it...

I think that the Charlton or Manchester United will "pay the broadbeans" for the defeat of the Chelsea in CL.

Milanista said:
Some time came from the idiots who ran on the field.
Ah, forgot about that. Have just been thinking, how close were Chelsea from ruining Liverpool's dreams with Gudjohnsen's effort pulled wide a minute from the end? Such a fine line between success and failure. Riveting, especially with all those 4 on 3 opportunites that LFC had because Chelsea were attacking so much.

Congrats Liverpool!!! well done, and GREAT crowd!!!!

Finally lucky chelsea is OUT!!!

Now for Milan, its a choice between Xmas Tree (beat man u 1-0 in both matches, first team to beat inter in the serie A), or 4-4-2 diamond with fat ass Crespo.

I hope for xmas tree so Rui Costa and Kaka can play behind Sheva. I dont want to think of victory yet, but my heart says it will be 1-0 for Milan.

rip-soldier said:
... well done, and GREAT crowd!!!!

English teams have the best crowds of the world. Old English MOD Style.

Forza Milan!

Milanista said:
Now for Milan, its a choice between Xmas Tree (beat man u 1-0 in both matches, first team to beat inter in the serie A), or 4-4-2 diamond with fat ass Crespo.

Good to see you have as healthy a disrespect for him as EPL fans. :applause: :mrgreen: :applause:

Funny thing is that hes free on loan, and we can throw him back to Chelsea so they will have 3 redundunt strikers -Drogba, Kezman and Crespo.

What a tense game that was, great crowd too...it must be thrilling playing as home player in that stadium with that crowd.
I think all in all Liverpool deserved it...
It's clear that Chelsea missed Duff, (a good) Robben, Ferreira and Wayne Bridge...but that can never be an issue if you have as much money...I think i know what is going to happen this summer: Adriano or some other great forward will go to Stamford Bridge...I wonder if Chelsea didn't missed Mutu???
As a neutral fan (who always support underdogs, in this case Liverpool) i can't help myself thinking that it was rather Chelsea who lost the match than Liverpool who won it (how good they defended, all credit to them).
Last year when Deportiva La Coruna thrashed Milan, it was pretty clear that that was due to the way La Coruna played...Liverpool impressed less, but they play very clever football...With a couple of good transfers they will be contenders for the title in the Premiership next year...
I hope PSV can beat Milan this evening, but somehow i know this is not going to happen and i think Milan will beat Liverpool in a very tactical final...Still hoping for a Liverpool-PSV final though...

Liverpool did great to get through, some colossal performances, Riise, Carragher and Finnan where exceptionally good.

Hard to tell if the goal was in or not, but looking at Gallas's standing feet, could well be over the line, although if it hadn't been given a penalty and the goalie sent-off would've resulted.

Not very impressed with both games/teams over the two games, although the atmosphere was great last night and nerves played a big part obviously. As Gerd said the final which I think will involve Milan will be rather technical and probably not much to look at.

FD

I agree with FD about the performance of Carragher, Finnan and especially Riise..i thought he was great...
I still hope PSV can do a miracle this evening...

Agree with Gerd about the clever football and how amazing it must be for home players. What was Owen thinking of when he moved?? No CL medal, no league medal, his old club in the CL final the year after he left, and he appeared as a guest on the live TV feed from ITV (UK) last night. Poor Michael.....:D

Back
Top Bottom