UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Re: UEFA Champions League 04/05 Thread

hey lads,

the mighty CL Cup Arrived and its in Istanbul right now waiting for its owner :)

some images of the cup ( its in a turkish sport show right now and the guy is talking that there will be a good security in ataturk olympic stadium and all hotels are full he stated and both team fans will come in different ways and roads to the stadium to prevent trouble ) .

Cup images :

( nice champions lol :D )

in 03/04 - FC Porto eliminate Lyon and Monaco - Porto win the CL
in 04/05 - PSV eliminate Lyon and Monaco - PSV ???

If Milan win the CL, they would have beaten the Champions of England (Chelsea - assuming they beat liverpool), Champions of Holland PSV, Champions of Spain (assuming its barca), champions of ukraine, Inter, Man U, Scottish champions.

Would be quite deserved imo.

Milanista said:
If Milan win the CL, they would have beaten the Champions of England (Chelsea - assuming they beat liverpool), Champions of Holland PSV, Champions of Spain (assuming its barca), champions of ukraine, Inter, Man U, Scottish champions.

Would be quite deserved imo.

And lose versus Barca and draw versus Celtic

Last edited:

tonight a miracle will happen, PSV is gonna beat Milan with a header scored by Alex from a corner kick in the 36th minute..
nerd.gif
shiny.gif

http://sitestat.kpn-is.nl/psv/psv/s?clickout.PSVASM-DoelpuntAlex08&ns_type=clickout

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/e7063/standingch_lng0_spo22_evt7063_rnd264.shtml

lol
puh2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Rip - hoping for a good game tonight eh! Lots of dutch fans in Milan right now.I feel MIlan will win, but i doubt its going to be easy and a good game had better be on!

You going Milanista? Good luck to both teams. I think Milan will win but I'm afraid I'll be supporting the underdog, PSV tonight, - remember, this is because I'm a Liverpool fan, eternal underdog this season!

I also think Milan is gonna win tonight, Milan has just more quality, much more experienced players. But ya never know how the ball rolls. ;)

PSV has a decent team, also a new team, nobody expected them to do so well this season, big names left, Robben, Kezman. but as a Team PSV is verry strong, everybody is ready to work hard for eachother, no big ego's in the team.

Lets hope for a good en nice game tonight, let the best team win..
I hope thats PSV ;)

Milanista and all the rest, Good Game :)

and you never know with Guus Hiddink, remember when he was coach with south Korea?? they beated Italy in the WC ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

It is a "team" sport and PSV have that spirit in abundance. Milan have looked like CL winners elect since they got through the qualifying rounds.

Couldnt get any tickets for this game!!!! Sold out. When i went to Milan-Parma on saturday, we saw loads of dutch people watching the game.

Milan will definately win, but I have a feeling this match is gonna be very boring, perhaps a 1-0 win, which going with the Italian trend, gets scored in the last 5 minutes.

What a first half. Deserved lead. Milan have 65% posession and PSV cant really find space. Park has been dangerous but has failed to create any real threats. Sheva and Kaka are magnificent for now. Stam also having a gret game.

HT 1-0 deserved lead.

Yeah but Crespo needs to get stay off Off side,Milan can't score if hes laying there off side can he?

2-0 . Second half PSV played well, but were very poor at finishing. Van Bommel was disappointing overall.

1-1 would have been fair but who cares im happy with 2-0 :D
Thats what you get for putting 3 back and going all out... like Man U -Arsenal (4-2).

We were struggling to not conceed, it worked. So now thats 9 Clean sheets in a row.

Last edited:

What a match.

That Park looks a top player, some of his touches where class. Shame PSV cant shoot

Milan played well in the 1st half , they tried to play in the 2nd half depending on counter attacks it didnt work good untill the 89' until tomasson scored the 2nd goal.

like what Milanista said 1-1 or 1-0 for milan would be fair but who cares im happy with 2-0 :D :D :D

;)

If you don't score, your opponent will.

PSV played well but the shooting was a disgrace. And that's just plain stupid in a CL semi final against Milan. JESUS, how can you miss all those chances.

Good performance in the second half by PSV but they had to score looks like Milan through!

ive got mixed feelings. im pretty happy the way psv played, considering it was an away match with a not too experienced team in san siro. but if they just kept concentration up those two moments things would look alot different now.

shooting could of been better yea, but other teams have strikers for that. we havent got a world class striker, thats our main weakness. robert is pretty good tough, hes up to this level, too bad he got injured last sunday. :(

respect to ac milan tough, they did what they do best. especially the first goal was a perfect excecution, nice pass from kaka, and the way sheva put that ball in..wow.. it looked simple but he made that bouncing ball glew to the ground, the only way a keeper is without a chance.

sorry milanista, i enjoyed the game but sometimes its really frustration to see milans defensive block, nice game tough, better then i expected, certainly not milans greatest, for psv it comes close, considering its opponent.

dont agree with you on van bommel btw, losing a few balls here and there against milan doesnt mean someone automaticly plays a bad match, or did you base that on something else? anyway he did had a high work rate making him a bit excausted at times so that couldnt control the ball.

oh and dont count psv out just yet. they can fly at home if they have their day and the fans are behind them, and you can bet they are.

Last edited:

I thought Park and Gomes were your best players tonight. Park is just never tired! He runs forever.

I thought Van Bommel had better games than tonight, he just didnt seem to impact as much as some others.

Personally i would have given the man of the match award to Stam, he was spectacular at everything. Hes been very consistant this year.

Stam did play very well, but in my opinion did have some trouble with some of the through balls

Milanista said:
Going to the Ataturk mrdjkola?

it's sold out, but im sure i will try to get in with some friends to milan's side ofcourse :applause:

well, PSV did a good job in the second half, they atleast tried to make something of the game.

Hiddink promised to play full attack in the next game to atleast entertain the PSV fans. :)

congratz to the Milan fans.. gg :)

Great performance from Park, though as always, his finishing is a lot to be desired. I think he is almost ready to move on to a bigger league.

Beasley was quite disappointing, and he should have been coming off the bench, I think. Farfan had his moments, but missed quite a few chances as well. Van Bommel held up alright, but he overhit ALL of his set piece kicks. PSV defense, except for Alex, didn't do particularly good job. Gomez prevented many more Milan goals, for sure.

Basically, Both teams had quite a few chances and Milan won because they finished theirs and PSV didn't. Kudos to Milan, and congrats on going to the finals (yes, there is a return leg, but I highly doubt PSV can pull a Deportivo...).

Back
Top Bottom