UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Re: UEFA Champions League 04/05 Thread

dammit Porto tied 1-1 with Inter! :\
Martins (or was it Stankovic, I got home after the second half begun) for Inter
Ricardo Costa for Porto

Hope we have better luck next time!

Juninho Pernumbacanananabananao's (something like that) freekick was breathtaking. So much swerve and power, he is just awesome. Beckham eat your heart out!

Watch out for Lyon this year...
This could well be their year of fame and glory...would be nice for French football.

See Mourinho took the huff last night, although I find it funny after all the complaining about teams playing defensively against his team and then he puts Chelsea into a similar defensive stance.

Moany cunt.

FD

Lyon 7-2 :applause: :applause: :lol:
If juve are out I hope lyon can take it.

CHELSEA : 4 (Gudjohnsen 17', Lampard 19', Duff 19', Terry 76')
FC BARCELONE : 2 (Ronaldinho 27'pen 38')

MILAN AC : 1 (Crespo 61')
MANCHESTER UTD : 0

LYON : 7 (Wiltord 8' 55' 64', Esssien 17' 38', Malouda 60', Berthod 80'pen)
WERDER BREMEN : 2 (Micoud 32', Ismaël 57'pen)

Aggregate :
CHELSEA 5 - 4 FC Barcelona
MILAN AC 2 - 0 Manchester United
LYON 10 - 2 Werder Bremen

Last edited:

Great win for chelsea and an excellent game. But after seeing the john terry goal i have to say that carvalho fouled the keeper. Initially i thought that it was fine but when i saw the replays i noticed quite alot of holding of the keeper.

I've always said that Lyon could be this years' surprise package...a very very strong and attractive team.
I wonder what people around Highbury think about Sylvain Wiltord...he's taking a very big revenge at the moment. In Europe he seems more effective than Henry (Henry is a great player but he still has to make an impact in Europe).

About Chelsea: great match.
Everybody will be talking about Ronaldinho's second goal, but to me that third Chelsea goal was by far the best goal i have seen this season, what a combination and how quick this was done...Poetry in motion (i know Pes commentary). Fabulous.
Chelsea fully deserved to win but i have the distinct impression that Carvalho fouled Victor Valdez. The people who always talk about continental teams cheating should concede that this (great) win leaves a sour aftertaste...
But like i said they deserved it. So congratulations to Chelsea and Chelsea fans: enjoy it...you guys deserve it because you are a bunch of fair people who doesn't moan unlike others.

Lyon have been for me, the team of the competition so far. I hope they win it as they are an exciting team to watch. Although I feel Milan will come up trumps this year, just think they're the best team in the world atm.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Although I feel Milan will come up trumps this year, just think they're the best team in the world atm.

yes but don't forget the teams playing tonight. the winner of juve - madrid and bayern - arsenal does have the potential to threaten milan. i don't see them through to the finals yet, although i must say they make an impression on me.

Well Prof, i'm watching football games for years as a neutral and i can tell you that i would like to watch a match with my heart beating double time...Occasionally i sympathize heavily with one team or another (last year Depo when they humiliated AC Milan) but since my favourite club doesn't exist anymore (and they were losers anyway except one Belgian title and one UEFA-cup semi-final)i never had a "favourite team". And since we Belgians are not very realistic (and since our team is one of the worst team in Europe)we are not very fanatical about our national team.
I tend to sympathise with the underdogs...and if the underdog plays good football i sympathise even more with them... I really don't like big clubs like Real Madrid, Juventus, AC Milan or Bayern Munich.
Well lets hope we see some good matches this evening but it will never be as good as yesterday.

juve - marid might be an interesting match if juve is able to recover from their recent bad form. in my eyes, they have the potiential to threaten madrid tonight, playing at home.

although i have to say i don't like the stadio delle alpi. pitch and fans are too far away from each other and there is no real atmosphere like in madrid or in english stadiums.

it will be interesting to see if madrid is going for the 0-0 or an early decision by snatching one or two goals. in fact they can't be seriously relying on their defence, as it still isn't the strongest in the world.

Juve-Real......

Forza Juve.

Disgraceful. Some of Real Madrid's fans are a disgrace. On Juve's soil there are currently some idiots chanting monkey noises when Thuram touches the ball.

Milanista said:
Disgraceful. Some of Real Madrid's fans are a disgrace. On Juve's soil there are currently some idiots chanting monkey noises when Thuram touches the ball.

Do you watch the match whilst being on the computer at the same time. :bomb:

Real madrid have ass hole fans.

JUVENTUS : 2 (Trezeguet 75', Zalayeta 26' EX)
REAL MADRID : 0

LEVERKUSEN : 1 (Krzynówek 88')
LIVERPOOL : 3 (Garcia 28' 32', Baros 67')

MONACO : 0
PSV : 2 (Vennegoor 26', Beasley 69')

ARSENAL : 1 (Henry 66')
BAYERN : 0

Aggregate
JUVENTUS 2 - 1 Madrid
Leverkusen 2 - 6 LIVERPOOL
Monaco 0 - 3 PSV
Arsenal 2 - 3 BAYERN

Why Zidane out by Luxemburgo ??? Thuram say : it's stupid choice !
Why Monaco don't play the real Football ???

WHY, WHY, WHY.... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom