UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Re: UEFA Champions League 04/05 Thread

Still undefeated in the CL, Juve have done well uptill now but whoever they draw in the next round will bound to be a tough contest, we are far from being the favourites IMO.

cfdh_edmundo said:
I hope Real are drawn vs Inter and Adriano scores a hatrick against them in the Bernabeau.

literally impossible given woodgate will be fit by then and have match experience & already our defensive situation is improving vastly with our defensive mid situation covered by guti and becks/celades, samuel looking the defender we wanted all these years, carlos sharpening up, pavon :D what can i say he turning into nesta

ps we have almost the lowest goals conceeded in la ligaa( 2nd lowest)

Milanista said:
Is it just me or is Kompany overrated? After watching a few Anderlecht games, he hasnt impressed me.

I don't know...he's only 18 andhe was selected for the world team....so other people must think that he's good aswell.
Last year he played along an experienced player who coached him (Finnish CB Tihinen). This year Tihinen was injured and Kompany was the most experienced player. Don't forget that LB Deschacht is 21 years old, Vandenborre 16 or 17 and Traore 22...If you know that Anderlecht has a GK problem (both Peersman and Zitka are having a very bad season with lots of mistakes) and that against Inter there was also a 17 year old LMF...that might explain some things.
If teams like Anderlecht have injured players, they have a problem...Italian teams have substitutes who would be stars in teams like Anderlecht...

Professor Nutmeg said:
I liked the guy who scored for Lyon. He celebrated by taking his shirt off, only to reveal another identical shirt underneath :mrgreen:

Yeah that was clever. If he was in the Premieship, do you think he would be booked?

cfdh_edmundo said:
Yeah well the 3-0 default result meant Roma were unlikey to progress. Also it was one Roma fan, but it sounded like a lot more than one Real Madrid fan making the noises at Juan and Roque Junior.

Real Madrid will play one of the following teams :-

Monaco, Juve, Lyon, Arsenal, Milan, Inter or Chelsea.

All of those teams have black players in their 1st team (eg, Evra, Thuram, Essien, Henry, Dida, Adriano, Drogba) - its not fair that these players should be exposed to such disgraces, and UEFA must know that the Ultra Sur will do such things again.

If UEFA dont do anything (and it seems they wont) I hope Real are drawn vs Inter and Adriano scores a hatrick against them in the Bernabeau.
its harder to ban Real Madrid or punish them because they dont know how to punish. The racists arent all the fans... theyre not certain that they can be stopped. Once you ban the stadium, they;ll come back and do it again.

P.Nutmeg said:
I liked the guy who scored for Lyon. He celebrated by taking his shirt off, only to reveal another identical shirt underneath
:lmao: I've gotta go get me a video of that!

Professor Nutmeg said:
I liked the guy who scored for Lyon. He celebrated by taking his shirt off, only to reveal another identical shirt underneath :mrgreen:
He got booked. After the game he said he wanted to throw his shirt to the fans because he knew he'd score if he played. I dont think it should be a booking because he still has the jersey on (the one under).... and not a different piece of clothing/.

Milanista said:
He got booked. After the game he said he wanted to throw his shirt to the fans because he knew he'd score if he played. I dont think it should be a booking because he still has the jersey on (the one under).... and not a different piece of clothing/.

some player from dortmund did that in bundesliga also, few matches back.ewerthon?dunno who.he got booked aswell.stupid shit.

You can't throw a shirt to the fans (who are delighted if that happens) but racism isn't punished. Somehow UEFA always turns thing upside down...

Milanista said:
its harder to ban Real Madrid or punish them because they dont know how to punish. The racists arent all the fans... theyre not certain that they can be stopped. Once you ban the stadium, they;ll come back and do it again.

Well UEFA have just banned Lazio supporters for their next match for racism, I'm sure not all Lazio fans are racist, so how is it any different. I think UEFA have just gone easy on Real Madrid because they're a "big" club.

Just to finalise what UEFA have done regarding punishung Real Madrid:-

(From UEFA.com)
Madrid fined
Real Madrid CF, meanwhile, have been fined €9,780 following the racist behaviour of some of their supporters during last month's UEFA Champions League game with Bayer 04 Leverkusen. UEFA had instigated disciplinary proceedings following an investigation into incidents at the Santiago Bernabéu on 23 November, which included racist chanting at the German club's black players. Some fans were also seen making Nazi salutes.

Fight against racism
In reaching the decision, the control and disciplinary body took into account that this was the first time incidents of this kind had occurred involving supporters of the Madrid team.

Dont really understand the last bit, as the Ultra Sur are notorious and have a long history of that. Frankly its shows UEFA's a joke, espcially given... (same page)

PFC CSKA Moskva must pay a €22,800 penalty for the throwing of missiles at players and lighting of flares during their Champions League home tie against FC Porto on 24 November. Finally, Club Brugge KV have received a €13,000 fine for racist abuse by some of their supporters towards FC Utrecht players during the sides' UEFA Cup meeting on 25 November. All of the clubs have until midnight on Monday to appeal.

So, according to UEFA, throwing flares is over twice as bad as racist chanting? And can anyone explain why Brugge got a bigger fine than Real Madrid for their fans doing the same???

Uefa are a joke
There are so many schemes / programs trying to eradicate the disease that is racism from the game and when they have the perfect example of it they don't punish accordingly. They shit out, if they had given Madrid some kind of ban like the no fans one that Roma had it could have shown the world of football that racism wont be tolerated. Instead they give the 'richest club in the world' a measley little fine - pathetic :-x

Well Deserved first place goal for Tuncay Sanli

tuncay.JPG

real madrid v juventus
porto v inter milan
barcelona v chelsea
werder bremen v lyon
liverpool v leverkusen
psv v monaco
manchester utd v ac milan
bayern v arsenal

Last edited:

Can't believe how much quality is gonna be playing against each other in the draw, i'm really looking forward to it. Come on Barca & Milan!

There are gonna be too many great games happening at the same time. I'm gonna find it hard to watch all of them

Fantastic draw! I wanted either Milan or Juve just cos we seem to perform better against the top sides.

RuneEdge said:
There are gonna be too many great games happening at the same time. I'm gonna find it hard to watch all of them

Thats the great advantage of Sky Digital!

Too closed keys, I believe classify:

Real Madrid vs. Juventus ---> Juventus
Porto vs. Inter de Milán ---> Inter de Milán
Barcelona vs. Chelsea ---> Barcelona
Werder Bremen vs. Olympique Lyon ---> Olympique Lyon
Liverpool vs. Bayer Leverkusen ---> Bayer Leverkusen
PSV Eindhoven vs. AS Mónaco ---> PSV Eindhoven
Manchester United vs. AC Milán ---> AC Milán
Bayern Munich vs. Arsenal ---> Bayern Munich

I'm kinda dissapointed with the Barca/Chelsea draw. I really think they're the two best teams in europe, and should have been a final matchup. No offense to last years final two, but I hope some of the big boys get to the final this year...

Still, can't ask for better football then real juve, ac milan, man utd etc...wish I could see all the games!

Matchday 7 - Tuesday, 22 February
Bayern 20:45 Arsenal
Liverpool 20:45 Leverkusen
PSV 20:45 Monaco
Real Madrid 20:45 Juventus
Matchday 7 - Wednesday, 23 February
Barcelona 20:45 Chelsea
Bremen 20:45 Lyon
Man. United 20:45 Milan
Porto 20:45 Internazionale

how are these matches placed in the draw?

tuesdays games on 1 side and weds games on hte other?

anyone got a link of this draw ? i can't find it at uefa.com

cheers :)

gr8 matches!
to bad bout Barça and Chelsea! I hoping a great game, but now one of them is gonna be out of the CL :\ They are the 2 best teams. Should have been in the final! Hard to know how is gonna win between them!

*got my ginfers crossed so that Adriano will be in a bad day when Inter faces Porto! :p*

Official Champions league Knock out stage.

This is the official Uefa Champions league Knock- out- stage thread and post your opinions here.

Byern Munchen - Arsneal
Liverpool - Byer Leverkusin
Juventus - Real Madrid
PSV Eindhoven - Monaco
Barcelona - Chelsea
Porto - Inter
AC Milan - Man UTD
Weder Brema - Lyon

those are the fixtures in Febuary hopfully it will be finish off nicecly.

and from byern Munchens match to PSVs match will be on the 22nd of Feb and from Barca to weder Brema will be on the 23rd of feb. Forza juve and let the finals be a great one to finish off.

Re: Official Champions league Knock out stage.

Weder Brema, Byer Leverkusin? You almost give me the feeling you are retarded.

Anyway, PSV will win it at ease.

Back
Top Bottom