Tottenham Thread

I am glad sherwood is off in the summer, hope we get in van Gaal.

We need to get in world class striker, and a centre back, Dawson is too slow and makes mistakes

Spurs back to even goal difference... 45-45 lol. I would laugh so hard if they managed to steal 4th spot at the end of the season.

Spurs back to even goal difference... 45-45 lol. I would laugh so hard if they managed to steal 4th spot at the end of the season.

You're not the only one that would laugh if we did. It's possible to get 4th :D Only can dream about that :P Kane and Eriksen had a fantastic game today.

Yes, Eriksen and Kane was especially good today. The commentators kept going on about Adebayor but after his first goal he was hardly where he's supposed to be. He should leave the playmaking to the likes of Eriksen and Paulinho and get his skinny arse up in the box. If he had, Spurs could've scored double digits today.

Yes, Eriksen and Kane was especially good today. The commentators kept going on about Adebayor but after his first goal he was hardly where he's supposed to be. He should leave the playmaking to the likes of Eriksen and Paulinho and get his skinny arse up in the box. If he had, Spurs could've scored double digits today.

Yeah exactly, Eriksen and Paulinho are fine in the mid, to me when Ade comes back into the mid it congests. But other than this, I'm thinking with this win there's momentum for Spurs going into their next fixtures, hopefully steal 4th :)

Im not a military man ,but Sherwood is the only one making a proper salute. Ade and the other staff are blocking the light w/ their make shift salute lol

_74097935_74097789.jpg

Adebayor's salute is proper albeit not a British one. Sherwood has one hand in his pocket as well, not sure but I doubt that's "proper" in Britain.

Sherwood's a really likable guy who's been with the club for a long time as far as I know. I hope he gets treated with respect by the club and I hope someone else dares to give him a shot at the helm.

I believe this match was the first one this season where Spurs somewhat entertained in a positive fashion, at least that I've seen. Playing against relegation candidates can become a real struggle towards the end of the season but Spurs showed strength here and quelled the opposition early in the second half. Well done.

One could also argue that it's a sign of strength that they've managed to take so many points while struggling througout the season. I personally think it's a sign of weakness of the league as well but that's beside the matter.

Last edited:
I like Sherwood but glad he's not going to be here long term, he needs to learn his trade at a smaller club first IMO.

Hope Van Gaal links are true.

Im not a military man ,but Sherwood is the only one making a proper salute. Ade and the other staff are blocking the light w/ their make shift salute lol

_74097935_74097789.jpg

Think Sherwood is giving an army salute and Adebayor (and the other guy) are doing a Royal Navy salute.

Cheers for clarity ! I heard rumours that players prefer Southampton boss then VLG . I think his man management reputation. Is preceding to haunt him.

Not trying to be a douche here, but what did you say?

Spurs players prefer Pochettino because of his man management, and Luis van Gaal is second on the list?

... or did I misunderstand the whole thing?

Not trying to be a douche here, but what did you say?

Spurs players prefer Pochettino because of his man management, and Luis van Gaal is second on the list?

... or did I misunderstand the whole thing?

I heard that players want Pochettino no reason why they prefer him. van Gaal is a much better option unless they believe he has man management issues. I'm clueless tbh I read this on twitter feed.

Ahh, thank you :)

Pochettino is a fine manager, no doubt. But van Gaal is proven and is one of the best managers in the world so you could never really go wrong with that choice. On the other hand, not sure how long term van Gaal would be, whereas Pochettino might be interested in the long haul which ultimately benefits the club.

Great composure by Eriksen to save a measly draw... I just watched the second half but Spurs should've won this one despite being down three goals early.

Eriksen painting over the cracks.

We're in poor shape, still don't know how we're that high in the league table either.

We need sorting out and quick, too many years in the wilderness.

We are pathetically poor. To fall 2 goals down inside the 1st 4mins to a team who have only won 5 games all season is unforgivable.

Great that we showed fight and desire to salvage a draw but this is just becoming a joke now. Kaboul & Dawson just don't know how to defend together.

I doubt that Van Gaal would even want to come to a club like Spurs after watching that.

Also, we desperately need to keep Eriksen and ship a few others out to make way for some 'good' signings.

'Some good signings' not easy shipping out 5+ newly contracted players. You might under estimate your club's squad capabilities . Some say it's not the weapon , but whose behind it that matters. London is a great city in itself and anyone biting at the chops w'd love to boss Spurs.

Yes, Spurs are Shiite atm and I grin at its misery . Tottenham is a huge club all jokes a side. I think a reset button will suss everything. Spurs worse run and still finishes on top of Mutd food for thought :)

yeah but Man utd will be back as soon as they get rid of Moyes. They've got plenty of money to get new players, much more than us.

We need to get rid of Levy. He's like Hitler and has too much control at club now, he may as well manage the team himself.

The thing is that on paper, Spurs look to have a fantastic first team. Maybe a couple issues at the back, but a midfield three of Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele is excellent, and with Eriksen, Soldado and Lennon/Townsend they should have a good front 3 too.

I definitely believe AVB should have been given more time. Would be interesting to see what he could have molded.

The problem IMO for Spurs this season was to buy tone of players without EPL/CL experience (most of them comming after the Bale sale late in the summer, without pre-season works) and expect for those players to immediately produce just because they had cost big money (except for Soldado, Mature player). And the cherry on the top was to get rid of AVB. They look without a plan. How many of those players did AVB really want? In Portugal, they were reports of totally different players that AVB want, namelly Coentrão and Mangala. Instead of buying Chadly, Capoue,Chiriches should have both one of those (probably your defense would have been sorted out with a proven CL player).

Second, the defense is a joke. Not because of the quality of the players, but because of the type of players cannot play together. Kaboul seems like a rugby player, too heavy, can never play with Dawson. Vertonghen for LB is a waste of a good player. Why didn't they bought a good LB, they had the cash.

The thing is that on paper, Spurs look to have a fantastic first team. Maybe a couple issues at the back, but a midfield three of Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele is excellent, and with Eriksen, Soldado and Lennon/Townsend they should have a good front 3 too.

I definitely believe AVB should have been given more time. Would be interesting to see what he could have molded.

With a statement like that you should be all for keeping Moyes around another season or two. How long was Boas in Spurs? More than enough time to show a little more than a single match plan failing over and over at least.

I also think AVB should have been given more time. At least with him Spurs.

The win against Southampton is the best example that Spurs are clueless. Yes, they won that match, but i much preferred the way Southampton played the first half. Here was a team with a tactical plan. In the long term i'd rather be a team like that, than the clueless team that Spurs was.

IMO the players don't get enough credit, they 've shown plenty of character with great comebacks after very dodgy starts. Some players really aren't good enough for this team: Sandro, Dawson and Kaboul are not good enough. Sell those players an buy a decent left back.

Other players aren't used enough: the midfield duo Dembele-Paulinho worked really well at the beginning of the season, Soldada-Eriksen also seemed a promising couple.

I think AVB got enough time. If there had been any signs of something good going on, then I'd agree to give him more time but it was just a tragic sight with no progression at all, but rather regression.

What I do agree with is your assessment of Sandro, Dawson and Kaboul. I also think you should add Vertonghen to the list as he's slightly overrated, incredibly error prone, unstable mentally and a blabbermouth who is unhealthy for any squad.

Sandro is nothing but a card-collecting water carrier suitable for the likes of Sunderland. His only desirable quality is his work ethics but he makes a lot of passing mistakes. Dawson is probably one of the worst central defenders above age 21 in the PL. I almost have no words but I'd like to mention that his positional skills is almost non existant. Kaboul could probably work alongside Ciriches but he's so injury prone it's not even funny. Kaboul is a physical powerhouse but has lost important years due to injury, he will most likely never fulfill his potential.

Chiriches has very few games in the PL but he has taken the level surprisingly well. I'm not putting too much focus on the blunder in the last match as a defensive mistake or three is obligatory Spurs this season. Next season this guy will be first guy on the team sheet. A very talented central defender with smartness, ball skills and the necessary defending traits. Give him a few months in the weight room as well, he's going to be perfect.

Paulinho has a rather ungrateful job in a team. If he doesn't score, his work might easily be overlooked. If he has a capable midfield partner around him, his job is essential for any team. A good box-to-box player is almost equal to an extra attack and extra defender when needed. I think his job so far, from what I've seen, is quite good. He hasn't been great but it's difficult to shine with those work conditions.

About the LB situation, Giving Rose a shot was just right in my opinion. He's not the achilles heel of the Spurs defence as it is now. Vertonghen as LB is actually quite nice as well so I don't see any "holes" in this position like so many others. Vertonghen is also much safer in this position as his errors are limited to less dangerous situations and higher up the field and he can utilize his offensive capabilities better here. Vertonghen should only be central defender in a tight spot until he cools off but that may never happen. Shipping off Ekotto might not have been the smartest decision though but he's also fairly error prone.

PS. A bit off topic but did you guys see Dortmund tear Bayern a new arsehole? MUAHAHAHA! :D It made the season, literally.

Last edited:
Because he is a Dortmund fan. If Spurs would win against Arsenal like that, you would also be over the moon as a "real" Spurs fan. This win is not important for the league ranking, it is very important for the self esteem of the club. Klopp can build upon this win, this might prove the beginning of a fantastic 2014-2015 season...

Our national team beat Holland 4-2 in a friendly, that was perhaps the most important win in our recent history. If they had lost that match, it is well possible that they would not have qualified for the WC.

Zero, i don't agree with you on Vertonghen, but i'm very biased because i have always loved the 3 Belgian players who play for Spurs. I think Vertonghen wants to go to another club...he wants to play CL and thinks this isn't possible with Spurs...not now and not in the near future...

Vertonghen was mentioned as a Barcelona target, but that was before the transfer ban.

Christ, it was ONE MEANINGLESS MATCH! I hate Bayern and love Dortmund to do well but believe me, long term it will prove nothing.

Anyway, dont want to clog up Spurs thread with German football.

It wasn't a meaningless match.One could claim that it was a meaningless match for Bayern Munchen (but i don't think the result is meaningless, hence Guardiola's reaction).

It was a very important match for Dortmund.
I'm sure Klopp can put this win in perspective, but it is still a very important win for him and his players. It is even more important for Dortmund fans and Zero the Hero is a Dortmund fan...don't know if he is a real fan by your definition, but he do seems to care about the results of Dortmund...for me that is enough to be a fan...

There are matches and there are MATCHES! That match was a MATCH first and foremost but it also means we capture the pole position for 2nd place as we regained previously squandered 3 points nobody really thought we'd get. It wasn't meaningless for Bayern either for several reasons but mainly we showed first that we could beat Real Madrid with only 75% of our preferred lineup and then we did the same to Bayern. Two of the worlds greatest clubs on their knees in short succession and we did it in our style. Enough about Dortmund, I just had to mention it somewhere it was getting noticed as the Dortmund thread is silent as a grave.

As for Spurs, I totally agree with bebo's previous post. Spurs might look silly at the moment but it's a massive club in one of the main hubs in Europe. They got good financial state, a good young squad to build upon and a few other big clubs are struggling at the moment so if there was ever a time to take over Spurs for a big achiever, now is the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom