Tottenham Thread

You almost surprise me ! I wasn't expect the 1-2. You could won this elimination! I am Porto fan, so if that happened i would stay very happy :)

No man. I would stay happy if Benfica lose because Benfica is more dangerous than Tottenham for Porto mate. I am very happy now because Porto won! Quaresma scored a wonderful goal, if you don't see that you definitely have to see that.

Nicely done by Spurs, they're starting to look like a team again. Nice 2nd half in the 2nd leg against Benfica, nice match against Arsenal even though they lost, and great last 45 against Southampton today. If they get Lamela back on the pitch now, he can work miracles. There's actual movement in the Spurs team and Lamela will pick out those runs from Eriksen and Soldado, and Eriksen will have another alternative to pass to with Lamela's fine movement. If Lamela gets warm, he's not stopping for anything.

I hadn't expected Spurs to look alive again this season to be honest.

I wouldn't read too much in this victory.
It's not that Spurs won the match undeserved, but to me this victory seemed somewhat randomly.
Spurs were the better team in the second half, Southampton in the first half.
What we saw about Southampton in the first half was a team with a plan, a strategy: high pressure, very good movement and players running and passing between the lines (Adam Lallana is such an intelligent player). I almost think Southampton lost because they weren't strong ebough physically to maintain that level of pressure (one could also say that Soldado committed a foul on Lovren just before the equaliser).
Spurs were the better team in the second half and we saw some very goosd interplay between Soldado and Eriksen, Chadli had some good moments too, Bentaleb had a good second half, but it all seemed a litle bit random...high intensity without a good plan...

Im' not sure if Spurs are really alive after this victory...

Apparently there were fights in the Spurs dressing room after the match.

source told The Daily Mirror Sherwood lost his rag and moved around the dressing room from player to player going to nose to nose with each and challenging them to a fight.
"He went round nearly all of them. First he got in Danny's (Rose) face then went forehead to forehead with young Bentaleb. Dawson tried to split them up but Sherwood moved on to a few more players before he went up to Kyle Naughton and banged him out. All hell broke loose."

ROFL. this sherwood geezer should be managing in the skrill premier, not the fucking premier league.:LMAO:

source told The Daily Mirror Sherwood lost his rag and moved around the dressing room from player to player going to nose to nose with each and challenging them to a fight.
"He went round nearly all of them. First he got in Danny's (Rose) face then went forehead to forehead with young Bentaleb. Dawson tried to split them up but Sherwood moved on to a few more players before he went up to Kyle Naughton and banged him out. All hell broke loose."

That'd be amazing. Hope it's true

The cameras showed Sherwood's (lack of) reaction on the bench when it was 3-0 then 4-0 and he just stood there with that look on his face. I start believing that Spurs have a new manager lined up and this Sherwood geezer knows it. Because he didn't look like he gave a fuck, did he?

Most managers get ban and force to sit above the dugout. He goes above willingly to LEARN! his team . What do they do in training run laps and sign autographs. He looks bothered and acts like his dinner is getting cold. How much did they spend and how much did it cost for AVB to leave early?

This Spur- experiment is a perfect saying ' bit more than he could chew'.

So glad his nonsense is being found out. Spurs should have a better manager imo, even if it does impact Liverpool negatively.

Found the interview really weird, in midweek he was going on about pressure after Sunderland got a goal back from being 2-0 down...yet Sherwood gave up this game at 2-0.

Once Spurs get a decent manager in and give them time, then I am sure with the players they have they will do much better.

They brought in half a team, it was always going to take a while for them to find their feet etc. Changing managers half way through the season didn't help either imo.

The man is clueless and Levy is an idiot for giving him the temporary job, we've gone so far backwards its ridiculous.

Just hire a coach that can communicate his ideas effectively, IMO this was AVB's downfall but I'd take him over this novice any day.

This group is suffering from a severe lack of coaching, thats the only difference between us and Liverpool.

Arry was class .... He should do post match interview from the car window! The players love his approach ' have a go at it!' and ' just play better then Sandra'

Interesting rumors. If Louis van Gaal where to become the Spurs savior, things could get really interesting. There is talent in the squad and with a proper manager at the rudder, who knows...

Back
Top Bottom