Tottenham Thread

We're not a 'massive club', we're a big club.

The massive elite clubs are Bayern, Real Madrid, Man Utd etc. I am a Spurs fan but not a deluded one!

Sherwood suffers from diarrhoea of the mouth.

For Steak Bake's sake I won't mention the pin drop atmosphere and the empty seats (in a 35k capacity stadium)

:SNACK:

What I will mention tho is how good Eriksen's set piece deliveries are!

You just did mention it though lol! Awful atmosphere yesterday but it always is for Fulham.

BUT we aren't going for a title - our season is over! Did you witness the awful atmosphere against Sunderland when you bottled it on Monday? It was TERRIBLE and you were going for a title!

City fans, gotta love em! LOL!

Season over? You can still make the Champions League...

Point is that you can't really have a go at City when you can't always fill even a 35k stadium and when your atmosphere is no better (and not just yesterday)

Season over? You can still make the Champions League...

Hmmm, no they can't.

Even if they were looking like they could finish 4th this season, Man United would have knocked Bayern out and somehow go on to win the CL trophy this season, sending Spurs to Europa League in the process, just like Chelsea did 2 years ago. That's the kind of misery Spurs always have to go through :LOL:

We haven't got a hope in hell of getting CL football!!

And generally the atmosphere at WHL is far, far better than Man City. I'd say Man City fans are one of the most quiet in the league, they are rubbish!

You've got to be kidding? I was at Spurs v Fulham last year for work and Spurs fans were outsung by Fulham in their own stadium. Even AVB said there was no atmosphere at three point lane earlier this season.

Rubbish! Its always quiet for Fulham but usually VERY loud compared to Arsenal (silent), Chelsea (worse atmosphere in the league apart from City/Fulham).

Palace is best London atmosphere, probably best in league.

Rubbish! Its always quiet for Fulham but usually VERY loud compared to Arsenal (silent), Chelsea (worse atmosphere in the league apart from City/Fulham).

It's always quiet for Fulham?? Well maybe you could say it's always quiet for Man City when they play West Brom.

Anyway even your own manager said that the atmosphere at the lane was dire. He said that you, “played in a difficult atmosphere with almost no support”. And even the chairman of your supporters trust said, "“I don’t think anyone can really argue with the fact that the atmosphere at White Hart Lane has been declining over the course of the last three, four or five years."

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/t...d_the_atmosphere_at_white_hart_lane_1_2937557

I've been to the Emirates just a few weeks ago and it wasn't quiet at all in my opinion. Atmosphere was great, even if it was a dreadful match (Swansea).

We're not a 'massive club', we're a big club.

The massive elite clubs are Bayern, Real Madrid, Man Utd etc. I am a Spurs fan but not a deluded one!

I'd say the clubs you are pointing towards are gargantuan so in reality we agree but we discuss under different illusions.

I think Arsenal has good atmosphere tbh they put some fire to their team many time.

But Liverpool are by far the best.

Absolute hogwash! Anfield is the most overrated atmosphere in the league!

And how can you judge atmospheres from your comfy sofa in Albania?!

I've been to Anfield on three occasions and it's quite good but I have to say I expected more. I've seen better in Sweden to be honest. Hammarby in Sweden's second highest tier pulls 25-30k people and they are LOUD! EDIT: What goes on on the pitch there is nowhere near LFC's level though :)

Last edited:
You have been exactly as much at Anfield Road as me and LFC Albania. So how can you judge ?

And don't tell me that you have been in the stadium, i don't believe you.

Hahaha you don't believe me that I've been to Anfield to watch Spurs away?

What about 1998 and 2004? Did I dream those trips then?

get off your high horse. You have no idea of what football I've watched in the UK, I've travelled all over and have STUCK WITH SPURS ALL THESE YEARS.

You have supported everyone from Celtic to Spurs since i've lurked here, you'll probably change your team to Dortmund next. You're what we call at White Hart Lane "A football hipster".

Last edited:
I'm a fool to let myself draw in this discussion, but nevertheless, here we go.

I never supported Celtic, never. I quite like Celtic, just like i love clubs like Palermo, Lille, Valenciennes and several English clubs amongst whom Arsenal (the horror, this is the ultimate proof that i'm not a real Spurs for people like you).

I consider myself more of a football fan than a fan of a club (here is the assist, come one score...that is what you like most of all...don't let this occasion in a million pass).

But nevertheless i also consider myself a fan of two clubs: Spurs and Racing Genk.
Am i a lifelong fan of those clubs ?

Racing Genk exists 25 years and i'm 52 years old...i used to be a fan of a club that doesn't exist anymore (in fact the signature that really sealed that clubs's fate, was that of my wife). So i had the luxury to be able to choose another club, but although i love Genk, it will never be like supporting that other club.

And now the big revelation. Since being a kid, i used to be a Man Utd fan. But in 1999 after the treble, i got fed up with the club (the ultimate reason: because they refused to play the FA Cup in order to play a WC for clubs in Brazil). And then for some reason i became a Spurs fan...i guess that makes me a glory hunter ???

End of discussion.

Just loved the attitude of (some) English fans towards foreigners that support English clubs. You don't mind get all that TV money and all those sales in merchandising that you would never get if foreigners did not support your teams. But you never consider them as true fans, even those who only support one team. They are only some pieces of shit glory hunters.

And btw, I don't support any team outside my own, but I have a few that like most than others (which is normal I guess). And I don't really understand what makes a person support a foreign club, but I respect their choice.

Under his current nick, yes.

No offense, but you accused me of being some different guy as well. On what grounds do you support these accusations? Were some guys banned the same days we joined or something?

Personally I would never spot such coincidence because I generally don't care about the names of the guys I converse with on an internet forum. It's all very impersonal for me so maybe it's just something I just don't get. But I did scratch my head when it was one of the first things I got thrown in my face after joining.

I'm not defending Steak Bake's view btw, I generally agree with you (gerd) in the latest exchanges in this thread.

@Steak Bake
Seems like you believe you're the biggest and truest Spurs fan around. Good for you, but you're not very objective in your musings. EDIT: What I meant that you're never objective.. everyone's subjective from time to time. Sorry, English is not my first language so I struggle to get my meaning across at times.

EDIT2:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/search.php?searchid=5124087

Who's using the word "hogwash"? I know I've used it and I saw Steak Bake use it in this thread but I just searched it for good measure to see who else...

It's not that many to be honest, now use your detective skills gerd!

Last edited:
Hahaha you don't believe me that I've been to Anfield to watch Spurs away?

What about 1998 and 2004? Did I dream those trips then?

get off your high horse. You have no idea of what football I've watched in the UK, I've travelled all over and have STUCK WITH SPURS ALL THESE YEARS.

You have supported everyone from Celtic to Spurs since i've lurked here, you'll probably change your team to Dortmund next. You're what we call at White Hart Lane "A football hipster".

I'd like to be as hip as gerd!

hogwash.jpg

Zero, it wasn't me who sugested that Steak came here a while ago under another nick....i'm 12 years on evo-web and his guerilla style is a constant for people who post a couple of months, then get banned and then come back under another nick. If i say that you could call it gut feeling. But those gut feelings are often totally wrong...in which case i apologize...

I had the same feeling with you, and i still have it, but i've totally changed my opinion about you since my PM. And it happens that i often agree with you.

All this said, sometimes i really like these people who come here guerilla style. With this latest that is not the case, but i shouldn't have reacted...that is rather stupid. Itg won't happen again, but nevertheless: i apologize.

He joined, in August 2013.

I'm curious as to how he viewed the football forum on this site before he joined as a member 8-9 months ago. I'm pretty sure it's "private" to non members (if you log out you can't view it until you log back in) so perhaps he was "lurking" (as he called it) under a different username to view all these posts where he claims Gerd supported all these different teams.

Back
Top Bottom