Tottenham Thread

Absolute hogwash! Anfield is the most overrated atmosphere in the league!

And how can you judge atmospheres from your comfy sofa in Albania?!

Actualy my comfly sofa its on Atlanta, yeah I do, same way you judge atmosphere for manchester city, or you've bean there monday?

@edmundoHe probably suffers multiple online persona in here and he fights himself. The demon post filings 'too much time on his hands' or 'bit off more then you can chew' could be a few sub chapters .

Just loved the attitude of (some) English fans towards foreigners that support English clubs. You don't mind get all that TV money and all those sales in merchandising that you would never get if foreigners did not support your teams. But you never consider them as true fans, even those who only support one team. They are only some pieces of shit glory hunters.

Just coz you born in Liverpool(one example) and whole family its Liverpool supporter and you just pick that as your team too and goes to stadium I dont think it makes you more true supporter than any.

I like Liverpool and my dad its a manchester united fan, i grow up listening how great manchester are from my father , all my best friends are united fan too, now in USA most of games i watch in pub, I live like 40 miles away , game vs Norwich was at 7am here , have to wake up at 5 start at 6 and be there 5-10 minutes before game, you spend for gas, drinks, and parking cost a hell of money too, so its almost same amount of money than you need to buy a ticket to go in stadium. Day before games i even find hard to sleep(special vs city) so I'm a true supporter, even more true supporten some who doesnt have what to do and get a season ticket to stadium .

Actualy my comfly sofa its on Atlanta, yeah I do, same way you judge atmosphere for manchester city, or you've bean there monday?

It's "Been".

And yes, I've been to the Etihad - to watch a City v Chelsea game strangely enough (long story).

I don't mind armchair supporters like you and Gerd - you have as much right to an opinion as anyone else.

I just dont like it when people like Gerd have this high and mighty opinion of themselves and English clubs, when they've never been to a Premier League game in their life.

You made a comment about Anfield's atmosphere yet you've never been - so it's a moot point!

Anyway, let's get back to talking about how crap Spurs are :))

All this said, sometimes i really like these people who come here guerilla style. With this latest that is not the case, but i shouldn't have reacted...that is rather stupid. Itg won't happen again, but nevertheless: i apologize.

I agree, despite my history, and you don't have to apologize to me.

There are many interesting sociological aspects with the internet even if they're mostly irrelevant in regular sociology. Not that I'm an expert in the subject but parts of my curriculum cover it. It was when I analyzed my own behavior and a recent chat with a friend that I actually realized what a dick I was online, and it can even rub off in real life.

So, my advice to you, Steak Blake, be nicer on the net and you'll be nicer in real life as well as a result.

PS. I even considered making a new account and escape the embarrassment but I figured it was even better to convince people that one can change. I'm still me though and I like to nitpick but I'm working on it.

Last edited:
It's "Been".

And yes, I've been to the Etihad - to watch a City v Chelsea game strangely enough (long story).

I don't mind armchair supporters like you and Gerd - you have as much right to an opinion as anyone else.

I just dont like it when people like Gerd have this high and mighty opinion of themselves and English clubs, when they've never been to a Premier League game in their life.

You made a comment about Anfield's atmosphere yet you've never been - so it's a moot point!

Anyway, let's get back to talking about how crap Spurs are :))

Pretty sure Gerd posted on here how his wife took him to a Spurs game on the Eurostar a few years ago, so bang goes your theory. Anyway you cant claim that Spurs have a really good atmosphere when their own manager complained about it being so silent earlier this season, and even then the head of your supporters trust agreed with him.

Gerd supports flavour of the month teams from what I can gather.

Strange, I don't get it - and I don't get how ANYONE can 'support' more than one team.

But each to this own, I am even annoying myself now.

COME ON SPURS LETS WIN THE WORLD CUP!

How can you not fathom the fact that some people love football more than a particular club? I guess it's something that comes with age and experience but it shouldn't be hard to grasp once it's spelled out for you.

I have ONE club which I love, I have several clubs which I have "feelings" for but I never under any circumstance put clubs before football in general. A "true" supporter is not one who is blinded and brainwashed (voluntarily or not) but someone who is sensible and honestly supports a club while still able to grasp reality in a sensible manner. My definition at least. Football is entertainment first and foremost, the "us against them" thing should've died out entirely once transfers were the main source of squad supplement. It's no longer "us against them" but "mercenaries vs mercenaries" who happen to wear certain colours and receive money from the same source. I personally understand people who favor players and individuals in football more than clubs, and lately I've caught myself doing the same more often. I am particularly curious about several Spurs players, Lamela and Paulinho at first but lately Eriksen as well.

It seems to me, Steak Blake, that you mistake "support" with herd mentality and factual ignorance. We all know what that brought Germany after WWI so let's just skip that discussion.

Arsenal is just as French or German as English nowadays, 5 Englishmen, 5 Frenchmen, 5 Germans and a mix of other nationalities with a French coach.

Spurs is more English with their 8 Englishmen but they're quite international as well.

Man City, Chelsea, Newcastle and so on?

Come on, the clubs just happen to be located in England but few of them are English anymore. Chelsea is actually Russian, City is Arabic, Man U is American and so on.

For good measure, compare Atlético Madrid to this, they got 10 Spaniards in the squad who most of them are the key elements to the teams success. Now, I wonder why Spain have a much better national side than England? Because the key players in English teams aren't English and they hardly get the chance to evolve to become just that. That is also why locational grounded support is more understandable in Spain rather than England in my opinion, especially in Bilbao.

Last edited:
I'm a one club guy. I love football but couldn't support the list the amount of teams Gerd has over the years, no chance.

Scroll back in the Celtic thread to around 2006 IIRC and you'll see him saying that was his team.

Now he never mentions them. Weird.

Fair enough. In most cases anyone who plays entertaining football is a subject of praise and admiration. Luckily I've got my Dortmund at the moment but there have been ups and downs since I began supporting the club.

Well this is classy from Spurs/Levy: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...id-preventing-Mesut-Ozil-joining-Arsenal.html

Basically, he tried to insert a clause into the Gareth Bale sale that prevented Real from selling 4 professionals to any English clubs - including Coentrao and Ozil.

Ignoring the fact that it would have been illegal, what kind of c*nt does that? Oh you can have Gareth, but I'd like to manipulate the market to prevent you selling afterwards. What next? Spurs will sell to Cardiff but only if they promise to lose their two league matches against them?

Well this is classy from Spurs/Levy: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...id-preventing-Mesut-Ozil-joining-Arsenal.html

Basically, he tried to insert a clause into the Gareth Bale sale that prevented Real from selling 4 professionals to any English clubs - including Coentrao and Ozil.

Ignoring the fact that it would have been illegal, what kind of c*nt does that? Oh you can have Gareth, but I'd like to manipulate the market to prevent you selling afterwards. What next? Spurs will sell to Cardiff but only if they promise to lose their two league matches against them?

What a despicable club! But in the end, they got their payback. The Bale saga basically ruined their season. Bought players late in the transfer window and overpaid for most of them.

Last edited:
I think that they bought good players and most of them for a reasonable fee, but they bought too many.
The fact that Levy seems to understand very little about football and doesn't know what he wants makes him sack and hire managers of different philisophies all the time. That is the main problem.

When you buy so many young players at the end of August, especially without EPL experience is normal for them to have difficulties to adapt to the premier league. In the end, it was another bad management by Levy. The year before was the Modric saga, with similar effects (with the exception that you had Bale to save the day). Better to sell for a few millions less than to have the transfer process affect your preseason/early season.

"Spurs did not specifically attempt to stop Ozil from joining Arsenal, although they were aware that it was possible once the Bale deal was agreed, but just wanted to stop him coming to England if he did not join them."

I just suspect most of you just read the headlines like 85% of the rest of the world.

Is the same thing if they try to stop him to join Arsenal or other English team. They are all in the same competition.

"Spurs did not specifically attempt to stop Ozil from joining Arsenal, although they were aware that it was possible once the Bale deal was agreed, but just wanted to stop him coming to England if he did not join them."

I just suspect most of you just read the headlines like 85% of the rest of the world.

That sentence says 'wanted to stop him coming to England if he did not join them [Spurs]'. Fairly sure that includes Arsenal, as they're not Spurs.

The key element here is "Spurs did not SPECIFICALLY attempt to stop Ozil from joining ARSENAL".

Anyway, clearly we all have our own set of goggles but this was not a surprise or especially wicked in my eyes. Not saying I condone such behavior but I think this is pretty common.

I'm a one club guy. I love football but couldn't support the list the amount of teams Gerd has over the years, no chance.

Scroll back in the Celtic thread to around 2006 IIRC and you'll see him saying that was his team.

Now he never mentions them. Weird.

You mean in 2006, as in 7 years before you joined this forum?

Who cares, Ozil is overrated as hell anyway. Silly signing from Arsenal.

Edmundo, I have been a member here since 2003 I think but stopped posting for many years and then remembered about this place again when I got back into PES - I couldn't remember my old username or password though so registered with a new User Name back in August (I was eating a Steak Bake at the time).

Last edited:
Bertie Magoo (our Man Utd obssessed chum Godotelli) doesn't like me because I've called him up on his trolling in other team's threads. When I DO IT, he doesn't like it. Typical City fan really - can give it out, can't take it back.

You're a lovely bunch of people but extremely paranoid about new members - this place is desperate for new meat yet you try and drive them out because they have differing opinions to you! These forums used to be vibrant, full of interesting people and threads. Now there are just a bunch of 6-7 active members, with the same in-jokes and no fresh views. This place has become stale and a clique, from what I can gather.

If you don't attract new members, this place will be dead in 3-4 years. Especially with the direction Pro Evo has taken. Sad days, I used to love this place :(

When I am bored at work, I'll dig out Gerd's "I support Celtic" posts. Anyone notice how quiet he's been about it?

Look, I've no problem with any of you. I just don't like people who pretend they know everything about the British game when

1. They have never even been to the UK and

2. They chop and change the team they "support" every 2/3 seasons.

Anyway, lets talk about Spurs:

Sherwood is annoying me. I wish he'd shut his gob. Can't wait till we get a real manager.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom