Tottenham Thread

I'm sorry but playing silly little games with squares does not disprove the fact that humor is subjective.

You're arguing with someone who thinks his definition of things is always the norm, and who replaces Managers for Negroes in the same sentence while missing the main point of a discussion, and now compares the definition of geometric shapes to that of the concept of what humour is.

I mean... you get my drift? :LOL:

I didn't miss the main points, you obviously did. But I see that it's futile to discuss with savages. Everything I said will make sense once you graduate from college or whatever equivalent system you use.

1) If a negro had been treated like AVB was, then someone would've called racism and that it was not cool. My point was the bullying is uncool regardless of the skin color of the victim while most people need someone coloured to be the victim before they care.

2) Appearance related slurs and jokes may be fun in you opinion and is very similar to humor, but it has crossed the border to bullying and is no longer under the Humor category. Hence the square example, it's a rectangle but more specifically a square. I call a spade for a spade in other words, even it's essentially hearts with an extra attachment.

AVB was the victim of work related bullying, which in my opinion is JUST AS BAD as racism and whatever the worst you can think of is. There is no scale saying this is worse than that etc. The scale is already capped when a person starts to bully another regardless of race, sex and age. Everything beyond is irrelevant. The point is that either you accept it or you don't... anything in between makes you a big fat hypocrite.

I seriously don't see what's so difficult to understand.

Last edited:
I didn't miss the main points, you obviously did. But I see that it's futile to discuss with savages. Everything I said will make sence once you graduate from college or whatever equivalent system you use.

You kept harping on about managers having to endure abuse and mistakenly assumed I agreed with that and somehow endorsed that, because that's their historical curse, just like black people who had been mistreated! And in turn perhaps accusing me of being a racist? As if I'm ok with that? That's how badly you twisted things. That's how irresponsible and lousy with words you are.
You completely missed the point there sonny.

Yet you keep posing as an intellectual in here, when in truth you're one of the most obtuse, opaque individuals I've seen in these here forums. And then you get all defensive and aggressive with people who can see right through your bullshit.

Perhaps when you graduate from your college, if you're lucky, you will learn how to spell "sense".

As for me I'm fine, don't you worry about me, I've already got a Masters Degree. I think I'm good right now, thanks.

I didn't accuse you of being a racist, I just said that people who thinks bullying, regardless of the victims skin color, is just as bad. Bullying generally involves remarks on appearance, and that's just as much something you're born with as the color of your skin. So, racism and bullying is just as bad but people who hasn't really thought about it generally thinks racism is bad but enjoy a bit of race-unspecified-bullying themselves.

For someone who is supposedly extra sensitive towards the feelings of others you aren't half quick to throw out insults etc. :LOL:

This isn't work related and we don't really share mutual respect. Besides, insults about someone's lack of perspective isn't all that harsh and needn't be an insult at all. Depends on how the receiver interprets it, I would interpret it as "good advice". All a person have to do to get some perspective is to enroll to some classes. It's not a flaw you can't do anything about, like skin color or a facial wart for that matter.

Last edited:
Negro means Black in Spanish and Portuguese, so there you go. I'm not English though, so whatever ideas you got over there is not my concern. You do borrow plenty of other words into the English language already, so I don't see what the problem is.

---------

Nice win for Spurs today, the match was a complete disaster to watch though. They lack a cutting edge to their possession. They keep the ball well enough but lose it whenever they try going forward. There's no movement in the final third at all and even Pirlo couldn't pick out a good pass when they attack because there aren't any initiative going on. I wish I saw the LFC match instead... but since I'm Jewish I had to see what the Yids were doing this time.

Last edited:
This isn't work related and we don't really share mutual respect. Besides, insults about someone's lack of perspective isn't all that harsh and needn't be an insult at all. Depends on how the receiver interprets it, I would interpret it as "good advice". All a person have to do to get some perspective is to enroll to some classes. It's not a flaw you can't do anything about, like skin color or a facial wart for that matter.

Well, that's the first thing you've been right about over the course of the last few pages...

As for "it's not work related", why is that relevant? Surely it's the hurt feelings that count rather than some arbitrary location?

I like how you class skin colour as a flaw btw. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that, even tho there's no way in hell you'd do the same for others.

Oh, and before I leave you to it, I'm pretty sure "Yid" is offensive to many Jews. Remember, football culture is no excuse... :NONO:

Good win for Spurs tonight. Happy for AVB

Bold: But you don't throw an insult to yourself, right?

By your reasoning, AVB's "abuse" can be treated like an "insult" because it doesn't involve any skin color or a flaw that AVB can't do anything about it (only need to work harder next time).

Now why you substitute the "football coaches" with "negroes" in your earlier statement is beyond me. You treated Tromso fans' "insult" like an "abuse" and your own "insult" like a "good advice"?

You just miss the point in Rentboy's post. He didn't think what Tromso's guy doing is an "abuse" which AVB can't do anything about it. It was only an "insult" he can just endure and ignore under normal circumstances. But you keep sticking to your own point of "abusing" and completely missing on what Rentboy was trying to provide.

The only reason i can think about AVB's action is because he's under lots of pressure and that fan's insult was just adding fire to the oil. He can't concentrate so i can understand why he lost it. But under normal circumstances, he shouldn't put a fan away from his seat just because of some "insults".

Negro means Black in Spanish and Portuguese, so there you go. I'm not English though, so whatever ideas you got over there is not my concern. You do borrow plenty of other words into the English language already, so I don't see what the problem is.
Well . I'm Hispanic n the word 'Negro' means 'sweetheart 'too . My point is a single word has more then one meaning. I'm sure you knew that .¿ Why would you use a Spanish word in your English sentence? :LOL: or were you using Portuguese ?

He used 'negrito' unless they're sleeping in a sexual manner. He was belittling him as to say you 'little black wee' in that content. He was try to offend him and so the content was damaging and Evra knew the difference and was hurt by it. IMO anytime you have to use the person skin colour to describe the person is a sentive area, unless you have a friendship w/ that person .

Last edited:
Yes yes I know buddy

My "girlfriend" it's black and I call her nigga sometimes but she doesn't like even if I have that confidence with her , this summer she came to see me in Kosovo and we were at restaurant eating lunch , she went in bathroom and someone said her "what's up nigga" we were with friends and was having good time but when she came back she look sad and start crying later for that and than told me what's happened , but honestly most of people here (Kosovo) have no idea how bad this word is they think it's cool saying it and since we don't have black people here when they see one they think it's nice saying that :LOL: and I blame black people for this since they use "nigga" word in so many places like movies and songs so than some people think it's one way of saying "dude" :) (of course most know the meaning)

I think last match was a turning point, you are going to start to play better and obtain results. But IMO AVB should decide on a formation and give them time to gel, he is changing all the time the 11 and that cant be something good.
What a player Holtby is going to be ...

Well . I'm Hispanic n the word 'Negro' means 'sweetheart 'too . My point is a single word has more then one meaning. I'm sure you knew that .¿ Why would you use a Spanish word in your English sentence? :LOL: or were you using Portuguese ?

Because it is an English word and has been for a long while. By the way, fork, sack & knife (too many to list, it's more than 100) and so on are all words that English stole from other Indo-European languages. Why don't you complain about them being used as well?

----

I'm not sure about Holtby. So far he's done a few decent matches and one lucky strike on goal. Doesn't look world class material just yet. I believe Lamela has a bigger chance if Spurs starts to move the ball a little faster.

Last edited:
He was excellent in Schalke. He needs time and play with consistency (very dfficult since you have Eriksen, Dembele and Siggurdson). As I said before, it cant be good for these players to rotate , play in different positions and with different teammates all the time. The other day AVB kept moving Lamela from one flank to the other.

Lamela should play in the hole behind Defoe/Soldado, Eriksen on the right and Sigurdsson on the left. Eriksen got some damn fine crosses and Sigurdsson got some damn fine long shots. Tell the wings to run until they're completely knackered and sub in one or two of Lennon/Townsend/Chadli/Holtby.

Alternatively they could play with two holding midfielders and play two cut inside wingers and let the backs do the crossing. Capoue/Sandro/Paulinho are all solid choices for defensive minded midfielders. In such a set-up I would use Eriksen/Holtby centrally just in front of the holding midfielders, Lamela/Townsend on right and Sigurdsson/Lennon/Chadli on right.

Whatever they do, AVB must stop that nonsense possession football he's trying to implement. The squad isn't right for it. Too little movement, too many weak passers and too little creativity.

Come to think of it... Spurs has too many good players in certain positions... If they don't qualify for CL asap they will crash and burn like Portsmouth.

PS. I know he was great in Schalke, but haven't seen anything but two glimpses of that in Spurs. The reason he hasn't played much is obviously because he hasn't been on that level since the transfer.

Last edited:
ATM, I'd go:
--------------Soldado---Defoe---------------------

-----Eriksen------------------Townsend/Lennon

--------------Sandro--Dembele

ATM, I'd go:
--------------Soldado---Defoe---------------------

-----Eriksen------------------Townsend/Lennon

--------------Sandro--Dembele

That's not a bad idea. Both Soldado and Defoe are quite good at both poaching and dropping down to receive the ball. If they could alternate on that they could create head ache for defenses. I'd prefer to have Paulinho in the mix there though, his deep runs into the box is vital for Spurs. So is Dembele's dribbling... and Sandro's defensive capability.

Capoe surprised me last match. As far as I could see he played a perfect match, that ball loss in the dying minutes should've awarded him a free kick. The shirt/arm pulling was quite obvious so I wonder what the ref was doing.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything of the match against Sunderland.
Was it any good, seems a rather narrow escape...that is why i suspect that your post is sarcastic...

Deserved win, better performance in the second half, created better chances and Defoe should have scored at least two.

Walker was excellent.

Wasn't THAT deserved. OK Spurs created enough chances to win three matches but they also missed them all. Both goals were freaky and didn't really come from any blistering attacking play.

Nice game today. OK, the opposition was pathetic but Anzi's defense isn't their main issue.

Townsend should definitely play on the left, he was much better on that side and he created more.

EDIT: I bet Jucilei has smooched himself to a Tottenham transfer. Him and AVB looks like secret lovers when they meet and greet before, during and after the match. It was like that in Russia as well tbh. Not that Spurs really need him.

Last edited:
I saw a bit of yestedays match. Fantastic assist by Lamela playing on the right wing. He is going to give a lot of joy to Tottenham's fans if AVB starts to play him there consistently.

I agree, and Townsend is much better on left as well so it's a win-win situation. Let Lamela or Lennon start and work like dogs to be swapped at 60 minutes.

I forgot to mention, I loved seeing Rose back on the pitch. He seems to have take big steps towards becoming a good left back ad while he isn't world class just yet he is important for Spurs this season.

Back
Top Bottom