Tottenham Thread

They didn't score and conceded one, they deserved to lose. If they don't start scoring soon, they will be the laughing stock of the league. 9 goals in 10 matches... I'm already laughing.

That was absolutely magnificent from Krul. One of the best single-player performances in recent memory. Great to see, if harsh on Spurs.

I don't agree, Krul played well but he simply did his job, there were no saves that I thought he had no right to make, its just poor finishing.

AVB needs to stop with the loyalty and pick the best team for each game, Lamela must start now, the bedding in process is over. Also go back to 4-3-3 that you intended to use.

I agree about Lamela, not about Krul and certainly not about theway Yanga Mbiwa rescued his team, that was great. One of the best defensive actions i've ever seen...

The second half was very good...at least Spurs created chances.

Not many of those saves from Krul were out of this world. When you have chances of that calibre you should whack it in the roof of the net and not give the GK a chance at all. I won't say the finishing was poor but it wasn't great and the saves were normal PL standard.

I hope Spurs wakes up though, I was hoping they would challenge the title this year. PL need some new blood on top. They're only 5pts behind so anything can happen but they need to convert those chances.

Last edited:
I'm expecting to read a lot of knee jerk comments in the coming days, SC hasn't let me down in that regard.

AVB must not be sacked but he AND the players must change asap, the season is not in jeopardy and all is still to play for.

Gerd game that ;)

Spurs need to ignore this result amd go more attacling rather than worry that they've got defensive work to do. Soldado is a great finisher but he is too isolated. It's like playing with 10 with him on his own.

Aguero 10 goals
Spurs 9 goals

says it all

The positive thing about a result like this is the fact that it is very obvious that there are problems and that something has to change.
This is a talented squad but they have a severe lack of ideas. Can't blame AVB for this match if your GK and your defensive midfielder mess up like this after barely 5 seconds.

But if a team lacks ideas, and this from the start of the season, then one might ask questions about the manager.

Sandro and Kaboul are considered heroes by most Spurs fans, i don't understand that at all...Dawson is not good enough too. And for god's sake play Vertonghen as a CB.

There will have to change a lot if this team wants to play CL football next year...i've seen lots of teams that are much better.

PS: godotelli ??? "Game that ?" Don't understand that...despite all i enjoyed City's football. The first goal was a fantastic finish and the third too...i had enough after the first half to behonest...

@Gerd, Sandro is awesome but he was clearly subdued today after Webb's ridiculous booking.

Kaboul is playing within himself and is coming back from a serious injury, he needs consistent minutes but they need to manage him carefully so that he doesn't break down again.

Whether he likes it or not, Vertonghen has to sacrifice for the team, he doesn't moan when he plays LB for Belgium.

At least changes will be made after this.

Gerd game that ;)

Spurs need to ignore this result amd go more attacling rather than worry that they've got defensive work to do. Soldado is a great finisher but he is too isolated. It's like playing with 10 with him on his own.

Aguero 10 goals
Spurs 9 goals

says it all

1463996_10151882471199342_1063134578_n.jpg

Yeah, it's a fucking disgrace. That's 0.5 goals from open play a game so far. Just ridiculous. If we don't start seeing a far more aggressive approach to our attacking over the next 5-6 games, I think AVB will have to take his hat and leave. Yesterday isn't even worth mentioning.

It's not the time to overreact like in the previous post.
Spurs have bought plenty of new players and this team has to gel. The team also lost the one player who decided matches by himself.
What this team needs above all is time and patience.

I never saw AVB as the second coming of the messiah, but it is way too soon to ask for his head...
Yes the team was outplayed yesterday, but what do you expect after a stupid goal 13 seconds in the match ? After that goal, Spurs were even the better team for a short period. When City banged in the second (after another bad kick from Lloris) Spurs totally desintegrated...

And maybe Spurs looked weak because City were exceptionally good...i saw some encouraging signs in the matchj against Newcastle, which IMO was the best performance of the season...

Don't expect miracles against Man Utd...

It's not the time to overreact like in the previous post.
Spurs have bought plenty of new players and this team has to gel. The team also lost the one player who decided matches by himself.
What this team needs above all is time and patience.

I never saw AVB as the second coming of the messiah, but it is way too soon to ask for his head...
Yes the team was outplayed yesterday, but what do you expect after a stupid goal 13 seconds in the match ? After that goal, Spurs were even the better team for a short period. When City banged in the second (after another bad kick from Lloris) Spurs totally desintegrated...

And maybe Spurs looked weak because City were exceptionally good...i saw some encouraging signs in the matchj against Newcastle, which IMO was the best performance of the season...

Don't expect miracles against Man Utd...

Well, I would agree if we were seeing signs of improvement, but the fact of the matter is we've played incredibly tedious and teethless football ever since AVB took over as manager one and a half year ago (how much time do you really need to see that a system isn't working?), last year we relied a lot on Gareth Bale, and this year we've relied somewhat on penalties. With the set of players we have, that's just not acceptable. It's clearly a systemic fault somewhere, and who's in charge of the system? The manager. We're passing sideways, backwards, building up play far too slow, have absolutely not aggression when attacking, no will to make the right runs (or forward runs at all), individual players keep the ball for too long, and we have an excellent striker who gets absolutely no service what so ever, who is now (along with his team mates) seemingly losing some heart in his endeavors.

As I said in my post, I still think AVB should be given time, ideally to the end of the season, but if we keep averaging 0.5 goals a game in the league, he will have to leave before that.

I notice how Lennon, Holtby dribble, so frantic :LOL: Its almost like they want to make themselves more aggressive. The days of Mod`s gracefulness on the pitch is lacking.

It seems like Assou-Ekotto and Vilas-Boas have issues, but loaning him wasn't smart.

Well, I would agree if we were seeing signs of improvement, but the fact of the matter is we've played incredibly tedious and teethless football ever since AVB took over as manager one and a half year ago (how much time do you really need to see that a system isn't working?), last year we relied a lot on Gareth Bale, and this year we've relied somewhat on penalties. With the set of players we have, that's just not acceptable. It's clearly a systemic fault somewhere, and who's in charge of the system? The manager. We're passing sideways, backwards, building up play far too slow, have absolutely not aggression when attacking, no will to make the right runs (or forward runs at all), individual players keep the ball for too long, and we have an excellent striker who gets absolutely no service what so ever, who is now (along with his team mates) seemingly losing some heart in his endeavors.

As I said in my post, I still think AVB should be given time, ideally to the end of the season, but if we keep averaging 0.5 goals a game in the league, he will have to leave before that.

There are signs of improvement.
The City match was a freak match.

I think spurs can still turn it around. They have a lot of quality, it was always going to be difficult with all of the new players they have brought in.

If they are patient I can easily see spurs doing well next season once the team gets a season together under their belts.

Once AVB finds the right combination then they definitely have the potential to go on a good strong run of form.

I think spurs can still turn it around. They have a lot of quality, it was always going to be difficult with all of the new players they have brought in.

If they are patient I can easily see spurs doing well next season once the team gets a season together under their belts.

Once AVB finds the right combination then they definitely have the potential to go on a good strong run of form.

Exactly.
The worst enemy of the squad are the fans. Expectation is sky high, because Spurs haven't won anything significant for years now, so the fans are extremely hungry...but it takes more than good players and a good coach to have a good team.

Besides that, when i watch Spurs, i have the impression that something is still missing.
It also seems as if the new players are slowly to get accostumed to the club and the league...
It wouldn't have hurt to buy a couple of players from other EPL clubs if they wanted instant success.

I don't really care about the end result, i would already be satisfied if the team played a fantastic second round after new year...

I still think Spurs will finish 5th or 6th :THINK:. There`s no telling once the 2nd half starts. The table suggest 2nd-9th are separated by 3pts. average, that means every week a point makes the table change in position. No team is pulling away atm. Arsenal had the most injuries and dealt w/ it better.Spurs lost heavily on Sunday ,but its still just pts dropped.

A win can change everything :)

It is frightening considering what could happen if the players Tottenham have fullfil their potential. But, they may have too many players, and if they dont qualify to the CL would be interesting to see what will happen, because after this last market Spurs must have one of the biggest wage structure in the league.

When has Villas Boas' teams ever scored enough goals? Never... you can't count Porto because they had a squad twice the strength of #2 in the league at that time.

Back
Top Bottom