Tottenham Thread

Lamela will be a star. He's an incredible talent, and very loyal. He teared up when he was told his move to Spurs was done, and he made a passionate statement to Roma fans.

Can't wait to see how he turns out at Spurs with such a good squad around him.

I think he's just a name on a list, no need now that we have Lamela and Townsend is part of the squad this year.

Lennon has had it easy for far too long and now he has Townsend and Lamela to contend with he needs to step his game up.

Lamela should be played centrally in behind the striker to get the best out of him.

AVB may have links with Hulk but I do not rate him at all. However it is a far more physically imposing Tottenham side than for many seasons. Indeed it may be their most physical team ever.

Lamela will be a star. He's an incredible talent, and very loyal. He teared up when he was told his move to Spurs was done, and he made a passionate statement to Roma fans.

19 goals in 2 season? at £30m am I missing something :SHOCK: . I think for the sake of buying clubs aren`t adding to compliment to the squad but to appease .

Agree. He will be one of the world's best players very very soon.

Spurs are so silly using the money they are going to get for Bale to buy quality players and strengthen their team :LOL:

Fools!

How many left footers are on the Spurs squad :CONFUSE: looks like they`re 7 players. Lamela had open real estate on the right ,but cuts in to the crowded left and shoots :CONFUSE:

What you guys think about spurs 11 last match?

I am curious... would you pick Chadli, Capoue and Townsend over Holtby, Sirgudson and Dembele for example?

The starting line up was OK but the tempo during the game (especially from the midfield three) was too slow.

Holtby should have come on instead of Defoe, Dembele was poor.

Excellent performance against Norwich although scoring still seems to be a problem. Dembele and Paulinho link up very well with each other.
Personally i have my doubts about Andros Townsend, very good player who often makes wrong decisions. Shoots way too much at goal, when he could pass to a better placed team mate.

Impressed by Danny Rose.

We have a strong squad.

Spurs are dominant but ineffective.
If you look at the squad on paper, we have the players to go for the first place.
If you watch Spurs play, one might ask if a top 4 place really is realistic. We dominate matches, but can't create chances...not so sure if Soldado is the answer to our attacking problems (i'm not saying he is a failure either).

To me Townsend is the symbol of this Spurs team: right in your face, but hardly dangerous...i'm getting sick of his constant dribbling, resulting in shots that go off-target...

If i remember well he was the fans' player of the month...i don't understand that. I'm not sure i would give him a first team place.

Am i dissatisfied with Spurs ? On the one hand not at all. On the other hand, yes, maybe...we play like Arsenal under George Graham and before him, only with lesser results...i want Spurs to play like Arsenal under Wenger... (and then i don't really care about results, although some silverware now and then would be nice).

Ah, i'm getting old...a moaning old man.

Why have Eriksen and Lamela constantly been unused substitutes? You would think maybe some of the lack of creativity would be solved by playing them.

Eriksen started well but dropped off a bit in other games, Holtby was playing well in the cup and deserved a run in the league but he hasn't brought his cup form with him.

Lamela will probably take the longest of all the signings to settle plus Townsend has been playing well but his selfish nature is becoming more evident and he should be dropped IMO.

Soldado is getting no service.

The media love affair w/ Townsend has forced AVB to go diplomatic . Those dribbling to nowhere reminds me of Nani. The problem is he thinks he's Bale. I would integrate Lamela as much as possible the more game time , the better he'll be. Townsend will get better once he realize he doesn't have to do it all by himself.

Soldado is getting no service.

That one is the key issue here. Lamela has already shown how to properly serve Defoe and for him it should be irrelevant who's playing upfront between Defoe and Soldado.

As long as Townsend are unable to make something out of his eternal dribbles, either hitting the target or passing the ball once in a while, then Lamela should be given time to settle into the team.

Lamela is a typical counter player. Good pace, strong dribbler and lethal when cutting inside. He is also a capable playmaker which should complement Tottenham's possession style as well.

Unless the team starts to score at least twice as often, they will struggle immensely this season. It's tiring for the players to iron out one goal wins after another.

I hope they start to gel soon, this squad has potential all over the place.

That one is the key issue here. Lamela has already shown how to properly serve Defoe and for him it should be irrelevant who's playing upfront between Defoe and Soldado.

As long as Townsend are unable to make something out of his eternal dribbles, either hitting the target or passing the ball once in a while, then Lamela should be given time to settle into the team.

Lamela is a typical counter player. Good pace, strong dribbler and lethal when cutting inside. He is also a capable playmaker which should complement Tottenham's possession style as well.

Unless the team starts to score at least twice as often, they will struggle immensely this season. It's tiring for the players to iron out one goal wins after another.

I hope they start to gel soon, this squad has potential all over the place.

Townsend sees a lot of the ball but doesn't play with his head up, also the team in general is consistently missing open passing lanes.

If AVB gets it right this team could be great imo. I really hope he doesn't get it right obviously :))

You guys should be fine this season, it'll be a while before there is a definitive team.

So obviously point wise things are going pretty well, but am I the only one that misses the Spurs of the last few seasons?

Tottenham matches were always the ones I'd tune into if I had some extra time - they were fun, crazy games with lots of goals and attacking intent.

Despite spending 100m on mainly attacking players, Spurs are downright dull this season. If not for 2 dodgy pens, you'd be down near crisis teams like United ;)

Spurs definitely have a measure of control about them now, but man it's seriously dull compared to the last 5-7 seasons. And hell, even before that.

I don't miss it because back then there was no structure, everything was more or less a gung ho approach.

Good for Lamela, Spurs need to get him going asap. A goal and fixed a penalty against Sheriff today.

@beachryan
Spurs under Redknapp was fun to watch, they were stupidly offensive and it worked to a certain degree. But, every time they had to make a tactical approach to a game they failed miserably because Redknapp is about as tactical as an average trout. Redknapp also had a great squad which he used about half of and utterly destroyed the rest. That resulted in half the squad being knackered and the other half being out of form and match training... see how far that got him. If Redknapp had an ounce of tactics and squad management in him, he would be the best manager in the world though.

Tottenham anno 2013 is dull because the team is struggling to get the attacking play to flow properly. When they actually have gotten the flow working, they've been unlucky and/or ineffective. They aren't trying to be dull at all, but rather haven't yet found the perfect balance between attack and control. Once they find that, they are a serious contender due to the width of the squad and the high max potential of the individual players.

Back
Top Bottom