Tottenham Thread

Yeah cause Liverpool is so above average, LOL, clown

for someone like dempsy , Liverpool its so above , he'll never make it to one of biggest team on England/Europe , hes good only for little teams , so he did well going to Seattle

you're just one idiot thinking he's way to good just because he's american ;)

Last edited:
Dempsey suffered from what I like to call the "talisman delusion" where a player is the key part of a team, the driving force that succeeds while the rest of the team seems to lack the same drive and determination there is the one player who lifts them and makes the team exceed expectations. These players then tend to fail to maintain this form for another season, usually following big moves recent examples include: Charlie Adam (Blackpool), Dempsey (Fulham) and Parker (West Ham United). The "talisman delusion" can work in reverse also, as can be seen with Craig Bellamy (Cardiff City).

Players who I believe will join this list? Benteke, Bale, Suarez and Zaha.

I agree about Benteke , not sure about Zaha since I havent see much from him , but Bale and Suarez are WORLD CLASS players simple as that . non of them can be part of that groupe you're talking about ;)

for someone like dempsy , Liverpool its so above , he'll never make it to one of biggest team on England/Europe , hes good only for little teams , so he did well going to Seattle

you're just one idiot thinking he's way to good just because he's american ;)

No I'm just not stupid enough to think he is average mate. Liverpool is avg team.
Fulham has had more success recently(euro final)

Dempsey never got a decent chance at Spurs, but even despite that he scored some very important goals. Spurs should have given him another season to prove himself.

When Dempsey isn't scoring he doesn't contribute in other ways.

It was a panic buy, he was never the right fit and he won't be missed. This is a good deal for all involved.

No I'm just not stupid enough to think he is average mate. Liverpool is avg team.
Fulham has had more success recently(euro final)

Losing a final is success nowadays is it?
Dempsey is average. Had a really good season a few years back but wouldn't go overboard with him. He's a decent player but if he was that good, Spurs wouldn't be letting him go so easily.

IMO Spurs are making a mistake by letting Dempsey go. Regardless what happens with Bale, they have a reasonable strong enough first team, but they lack squad depth. A player like Dempsey provides this.
It's true that he hadn't the best of seasons, but it is silly to judge players after one season (perhaps Demsey was bought before AVB became manager, that could explain this).

Levy is asking for 100m pounds, the guy is a terrific negotiator !!
Imagine if he pulls it off....Spurs could buy 7-8 decent players and be sure of top-4 !!

I think he'll probably settle for 90-95m.

So Spurs are getting another midfielder in Etienne Capoue from Toulouse for 11m.

That seems like a lot of midfielders for Tottenham and only 2 strikers as Adebeyor is gone

Parker and The Hudd will leave, he makes the squad stronger and allows us to play the same way if and when other get injured.

When Sandro got injured and Dembele played injured it had a huge impact, that won't be the case this season with Paulinho and Capoue. Plus Holtby having a pre season with us although he too is injured right now.

Rumours that Huddlestone might being coming to us. I'd take him at Cardiff. He's a decent footballer and would improve us.

I like Thudd. Always thought he was destined for greater things, lovely range of passing and a great shot on him. Maybe not super mobile, but if paired with the right partner, could be class.

He doesn't have the drive to succeed, he is lazy and when the going gets tough, he deliberately hides from the ball, its very annoying.

He also has massive fitness issues, he struggled with his weight throughout his career. Now would be a great time to open a chip shop on the Leckwith Road.

I've worked it out. This time Levy is doing a Levy and it's going to help his club:

Pretty much everyone agrees there is some major transfer business to be done by the big clubs, but it's all hinging on the 'first domino'. That domino appears to be a certain injured Welshman.

So what does Levy do? He borrows money to buy 90m worth of players, with a guarantee to pay back the lender on September 3rd. He buys 90m worth of players, strengthening the squad and improving Spurs.

Then, as is his trademark, he does business at 11:59pm on September 2nd, by selling Bale to Madrid for 90m. And no one at any other club can do anything, cause the window has just closed.

I like to think Levy has an office in a mountain somewhere, with a cat on his lap and a swivelling chair.

Would really like Levy to wrap this up now. But as my post from 8/20 above states, he's going to keep this going for as long as possible.

He'll probably fine him two week wages so that he doesn't have to pay him for his final days here.

I never thought Bale would do what Luka (and Berba) did and refuse to train, pathetic behaviour.

I did like that AVB publically said that it'll be a world record fee, now Ronaldo and his representatives will take full advantage, good luck Perez.

ANyway, I downloaded the PES demo before it was pulled but all I can think about is Lamela. If we can get Eriksen and another LB in addition to the Vlad then we'll be complete and the party can official start.

Its the most excited I've been about a new season in a very long time.

He'll probably fine him two week wages so that he doesn't have to pay him for his final days here.

I never thought Bale would do what Luka (and Berba) did and refuse to train, pathetic behaviour.

I did like that AVB publically said that it'll be a world record fee, now Ronaldo and his representatives will take full advantage, good luck Perez.

ANyway, I downloaded the PES demo before it was pulled but all I can think about is Lamela. If we can get Eriksen and another LB in addition to the Vlad then we'll be complete and the party can official start.

Its the most excited I've been about a new season in a very long time.

Eriksen would be over egging the pudding. Does this mean Tom Carroll a local boy is coming to us at Watford ?

Also has Dominic Ball been abducted by aliens ?

Watford would be a good option if they can't secure n EPL loan, could be a deadline day move.

Accordong to Football Weekly, AVB is after Hulk too...

I think he's just a name on a list, no need now that we have Lamela and Townsend is part of the squad this year.

Lennon has had it easy for far too long and now he has Townsend and Lamela to contend with he needs to step his game up.

Back
Top Bottom