Tottenham Thread

and girls... Oh ! behave beboquintero :LOL:

Bebo Quintero is such a cool name, you really should consider going back to that old nick!

Back on topic, we were talking about the lure of Real Betis, yes, because Bebo's missus is an avid Betis fan I've been told. Nothing against Betis, au contraire, that is a nice and sympathetic club, but I find interesting that your wife roots for them. Well, at least she's not a hipster like my girl who is a Benfica fan but also likes... Peñarol! :CONFUSE:

not all fans are glory hunters who support Real Madrid TSO

I support Liverpool , Lecce but also .... Portland Thorns FC (I have my reasons for this one :COOL: )

Beckham and Ronaldo had the United marketing machine behind them, Bale isn't anywhere near those two commercially.

Agree with that.

I also don't see the challenge in playing for Madrid or Barcelona concerning la Liga, but there is (for Madrid) a huge challenge: winning the 10th CL title.

I can understand Bale: with Madrid he is sure of CL football every year (this for a player who could never play a WC), with Spurs he isn't...perhaps even less if Liverpool have a good team...

Bebo Quintero is such a cool name, you really should consider going back to that old nick!

Back on topic, we were talking about the lure of Real Betis, yes, because Bebo's missus is an avid Betis fan I've been told. Nothing against Betis, au contraire, that is a nice and sympathetic club, but I find interesting that your wife roots for them. Well, at least she's not a hipster like my girl who is a Benfica fan but also likes... Peñarol! :CONFUSE:

Hey , how can I use my real life name in here. :LOL: My wife lived in Gava before going to the Bronx ! She learn too many bad habits . I had to take her to Miami quick !

Hey , how can I use my real life name in here. :LOL: My wife lived in Gava before going to the Bronx ! She learn too many bad habits . I had to take her to Miami quick !

Bronx? how many times a day you get your ass kicked by her ? :P

btw we both have something in common .... Bronx :$

I lived in Washington Heights for a bit. She lived btw Jewish and Lebanon folks... the Lebanon birds are smoking hot! I did have to run past the Jewish block :LOL:

Wait.

Goal.com states Bale's contract expires in 11 months.

However DailyMail says his contract was extended last year until 2016.

Which one is true?

It would be complete nuts to pay anything for a player that will be free next summer.

In theory, he is an excellent player, but so was Rebrov... But yes, this could finally be Berbatov's successor (although until now more of a goal poacher). Great news. The missing link in the jigsaw puzzle ?

Oh and according to the usually well informed L'Equipe, Caulker is off to Cardiff.

Last edited:
It's official gerd.

caulker-43265-957927_478x359.jpg

Just need another wide player now.

Might as well get Di Maria apart of the Bale deal, would be silly not too.

Soldado is a very good signing, a great finisher. Fee is abit on the high side, when compared with the Negredo fee, but not completely unreasonable for a goalscorer, especially considering Spurs are desperate for one.

With or without Bale, Spurs will be there or thereabouts. As it stands, if Paulinho settles, I see them as favourites for 4th

£25 million for Soldado is fantastic in this day and age I think. Should be a very good signing.

Tell Levy just to accept the damn £85 million for Bale so AVB can actually make use of it. I admire his stubbornness and ability to get a high fee out of any club but c'mon, Bale isn't worth that much and you could buy several good players to help mould a team with the proceeds of the sale.

£25 million for Soldado is fantastic in this day and age I think. Should be a very good signing.

Tell Levy just to accept the damn £85 million for Bale so AVB can actually make use of it. I admire his stubbornness and ability to get a high fee out of any club but c'mon, Bale isn't worth that much and you could buy several good players to help mould a team with the proceeds of the sale.

Newspapers here are saying he´s trying to hire Soares before finish Bale deal with Real Madri, is that true?

Other thing with Bale sale worth remembering is that he's never made it through a season without a decent injury. Given you could buy 3 (!!!) 30m players with the sale, that seems pretty sensible to me.

Newspapers here are saying he´s trying to hire Soares before finish Bale deal with Real Madri, is that true?

The Suarez link was intentionally started on a Spurs forum, it was then put on Twitter and the trustworthy media picked it up and ran with it.

Just another example of them reading forums and posting 'news'.

The Suarez link was intentionally started on a Spurs forum, it was then put on Twitter and the trustworthy media picked it up and ran with it.

Just another example of them reading forums and posting 'news'.

...or just do what Daily Star and Marca are great at; fabricating complete nonsense.

Soldado is a very good signing, a great finisher. Fee is abit on the high side, when compared with the Negredo fee, but not completely unreasonable for a goalscorer, especially considering Spurs are desperate for one.

With or without Bale, Spurs will be there or thereabouts. As it stands, if Paulinho settles, I see them as favourites for 4th

How much was the Negredo fee? I think Soldado is the better player anyway so I think the fee is OK, at 28 he's in his prime and a proven goalscorer at that.

A good deal for 16m then! ;)

Oh and by the way, what's the situation with Andros Townsend? He seems to have a lot of potential, I reckon if Bale leaves he'll get some games, right? Hope to see him do well!

Townsend has proved he can play at this level but now he has to improve as a player, he needs to play with his head up more and make better decisions.

Great signing on Soldado, he's a great player. Probably better than Villa and Torres as of today.

Di María was great with Real Madrid last night, if Levy gets too stubborn Ancelotti may get tired, call it a day, keep Di María and forget about Bareth Gale. :)

:LOL: cmon Gedtillo, thats now how it works. especially of all clubs Real Madrid.

I doubt Ancelotti has any say in wether Bale is signed or not, Perez is the chief clown running the circus and with Ronaldo's (so far anyway) refusal to renew he needs something big, shattering the world record fee (even if the player isn't actually worth it) gives off the image Madrid are buying the current best or most wanted player around.

Back
Top Bottom