Tottenham Thread

I agree about Walker but he isn't going anywhere, I'm hoping Adam Smith will be with the squad this season and push him.

I think its easy to forget that Kyle Walker is still rather young and still very inexperienced.

Give him a bit of time and I'm sure he will improve defensively as that's where he really needs to improve. I think he has the potential to be a real gem for Spurs.

Also, I'm sure he will think back to that Chelsea game at WHL as one of his worst and look to never make those kinds of mistakes again.

Similarly, Glen Johnson and Dani Alves aren't exactly renowned for their defending either are they?

---------------Soldado----------------

Di Maria-------Dembele---------Nani

----------Paulinho---Sandro-----------

Baines---Vertonghen--Papadopoulos--Walker

----------------Lloris-----------------

You could do a lot with an extra 85m...

From experience it doesn't work that way, everyone and their mother will know Spurs have that money and they'll try and fleece every penny out of them.

They'd struggle to pay the wages of some of the names that could feasible come in such as Di Maria and Nani.

I'm quite sure Chadli can replace Bale. Not that he has Bale brilliance, but one can wonder if that is really needed. After all, Man Utd had good results after Ronaldo's departure too...

We were a far more accomplished team than this Spurs team and even then we did have a fall, as we failed to win the title after winning it three years in a row. Spurs can't make 4th as it is, they'd be back to 'top 6' battling with Liverpool and Everton.

A defeat against Sunderland and Vertonghen out for 2 or maybe 4 weeks...yesterday was not a good day for Spurs.

About Man Utd: somehow winning is in the teams' DNA, but if you compare both squads, are you sure Man Utd's squas is that much better than Spurs' ? It is better but not by much IMO...

If Spurs get £80m , They can be some serious contenders. They can get a good attacking force. They already have the best GK in the EPL.

When you consider sponsorship etc, he's worth more than that, he's the face of the club all over the world.

The club makes a lot money money because of him and he too is making a lot more money, selling now would be silly.

Yeah, I thing players are tempted to leave for more money and more everything. The nature of the beast! to want more. Bale n Ronaldo on each side is a prospect of greatness imo . All depends on the person really.

A defeat against Sunderland and Vertonghen out for 2 or maybe 4 weeks...yesterday was not a good day for Spurs.

About Man Utd: somehow winning is in the teams' DNA, but if you compare both squads, are you sure Man Utd's squas is that much better than Spurs' ? It is better but not by much IMO...

WOW Really Gerd, were only a 'bit' better even though we finished 17 points ahead of them last season.

I think it's upfront where Man Utd are much stronger in terms of squad. Van Persie, Hernandez and Rooney, player-for-player are better than Defoé and Adebayor. And that was another problem, Spurs only had 2 recognised strikers whereas Man Utd had 3 good ones and Wellbeck (pretty average but ok for a back up).

Goalkeepers (De Gea / Lindagaard vs Lloris / Friedel) are pretty even in terms of squad strength, at center back Man Utd have an edge, but at full back its pretty even - Rafael is ok but Evra has been totally spentt for a number of seasons now, Spurs have fairly good full backs like Assou-Ekoto, Walker and Naughton . In midfield Spurs have a stronger selection than Man Utd. I don't think the squads are that far apart - it's probably the closest Spurs and Man Utd have been in terms of squad strenght since the PL began, but Spurs are hamstrung by not having decent attacking options or attacking depth, even the season before last they had players like Van Der Vaart who could almost play as an emergency striker but they dont have anyone like that now.

Utd's strikeforce is on another planet to Spurs' and their back 4 is stronger as a unit.
Spurs' first choice midfield is better overall but they seem to get a lot of injuries

proof that levy is insane, if true

Do you remember Mido? He got Levy'ed back then.

Mido ‏@midoahm
I will never forget when levy came to sign me from Roma and we had to travel back on EasyJet flight!! #coys

Mido ‏@midoahm
When we arrived to the airport he asked me to run and I said why..he replied:: to get a good seat...And I couldnt stop laughing! ! #coys

It reads like an agent's dictation, the tone is very different for a Guardian article.

Have they just realised that we won't be in the Champions League next season? When he took that BT and EA money was he thinking about Real Madrid?

Also the use of the word distraught is funny.

As I said before, he is worth more to the club than that figure. This is just the Sunday papers pretending as if Marca didn't happen.

I'll take that all day long , Ronaldo move to Real was for £80m and I think Bale isnt even near Ronaldo (and I dislike him) , also having £51m + Di Maria and Coentrao its great , only with this 2 players in you'll have a better team than last season , + £51m to get 1-2 world class strikers , or just pay those money for Suarez and get him (gerd would be so happy) and I guess you'll be serious candidate to win Premier League , and I will "end my carer" as football fan :D

From rounding up papers we can conclude that Spurs rejected a £82m bid from Madrid. The Sun reporting that a £51million offer plus Fabio Coentrao and Angel Di Maria will be offered.

Sunday Mirror are reporting that Real Madrid will pay a world record £85m for Gareth Bale this summer. All paper talk though! Nothing is confirmed.

I still remember the time when Tottenham used to buy mediocre british players. I dont know what happened with Levy but this guy is a genius. Actually I cant think of any club that negotiates as well as Tottenham. He is going to sell Gareth Bale for more than Ronaldo .. Ronaldo who had at that stage won everything and is a machine seller in terms of marketing ..
Now I see Tottenham replacing Gareth Bale with Lamela (which wouldnt be a big downgrade, Lamela is amazing) and buying a world class striker and still having money to spend.

No player is worth that much imo. Especially no unhappy player.

Madrid have to sign someone marquee to show they're still well endowed like Barcelona - that's pretty much the world's largest pissing contest. You get Neymar? We'll pay twice that for (anyone) Bale.

Spurs should jump at that price. 100m? Are you serious? He's going to leave in the next 18 months anyway, and who knows if his price will ever be this good again. He's young but he's always had injury problems, and the nature of his game and his physique mean they're likely to continue. I'd be rid in a heartbeat with that mental a deal.

Spurs could genuinely build a squad to compete for the CL for years with that much money. Only way they're going to get it too.

I personally think he should sell at that figure. That kind of price might not come again. With that kind of money, you can cover so much of the club's debts and also sign plenty of great players, a la Napoli and Fiorentina.

Modric left for a higher price or lower the year after? I think Bale is monumental in reaching the (CL) He can make Spurs a force and that would bring players to them. I know he won`t ever play in the WC. I think player(s) are very hard to find nowadays. I think it will get even harder to find w/ some many sugar daddies spreading out to different leagues.

Bale and Suarez provide so much to their current clubs. Not many can deal w/ a lost and still maintain balance. Not too many Wenger are out there,and what player will rise up or worse who will replace them?

Not sure whose the bigger idiot, Perez for that offer (potentially alienating Ronaldo further) or Levy for turning it down.

Ultimately if they offer £100m I think Levy will sell, its a crazy figure and no player is worth that but Madrid have brought it upon themselves by talking publicly about it (as per usual) and mentioning very high prices. Plus they have previous with Levy and clearly didn't learn any lessons.

As crazy as it sounds, Ronaldo's record fee isn't enough. Take em to the cleaners, buy two players and put the rest towards the stadium.

I doubt that they actually have the money and player swap deals very rarely happen. I also think they don't need him, buying him would most likely force Ozil and Isco to the bench (Di Maria too) and that's ridiculous. Bale isn't THAT good.

When he goes, he'll be missed but as long as AVB is still in charge and the club listens to him, I'll be fine.

Last edited:
Ultimately if they offer £100m I think Levy will sell, its a crazy figure and no player is worth that but Madrid have brought it upon themselves by talking publicly about it (as per usual) and mentioning very high prices. Plus they have previous with Levy and clearly didn't learn any lessons.

As crazy as it sounds, Ronaldo's record fee isn't enough. Take em to the cleaners, buy two players and put the rest towards the stadium.

I doubt that they actually have the money and player swap deals very rarely happen.

When he goes, he'll be missed but as long as AVB is still in charge and the club listens to him, I'll be fine.

Completely agree.
Of course these are crazy amounts of money. Perez is totally bonkers, Bale isn't worth that amount of money at all. He's a great player, but he certainly isn't worth more than Ronaldo who is a far better player...
About Levy: after the last two seasons it is pretty obvious that he is (too ?) important for Spurs. IMO Levy don't want him to leave except for a totally outrageous amount of money. In this game Levy has nothing too loose (if one supposes that he don't wants Bale to go). If it would transpire that Perez wants to give more for Bale, then it will turn out to be a fantastic move. If Perez don't want to give a bigger amount then Bale stays, and that is what AVB wants....

Also take in mind how Spanish club presidents (and most of all Real presidents) have to behave: they need symbolic signature players in the transfer periods to show their ambition for the club. It's obvious that this season the symbolic signature player is Bale...Perez is prepared to go very far in order to buy Bale...

This was posted on bales twitter and deleted after a while ...
bale%20tweet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom