Tottenham Thread

Is Benteke a significantly better footballer than Adebayor?

I'm not sure. Younger and more motivated definitely.

pretty much, bit gutted they missed out on Villa. Would have loved to seen him in the EPL.

What happened to the interest in Leandro Damiao

I was joking, I'm just fed up of hearing about him, the club has been chasing him for three years.

I think we really need two out and out centre forwards (Soldado and possibly Damiao or Benteke) just to have any chance of competing with the 4 that finished above us.

But knowing Daniel Levy, he will no doubt hold out over the entire summer to save a few quid and before you know it, the transfer window will slam shut and we'll be left with one striker again!

I am very pleased with the signing of Chadli. Tottenham have secured one of the biggest talents in Belgium for a decent amount of money.

In other news, it seems that the Duchess will give birth before the Spurs sign a striker.

I also think Chadli is an excellent player. Spurs were also linked with Benteke, but i had my doubts about him. He did not seem a player for Spurs IMO. And although i love Benteke, i also think that he will never be as good as last season...that was fantastic.

Marca are Madrid's mouthpiece, their worse than the Daily Mail.

If Levy can somehow bring Soldado in, that would be a major coup for the club and certainly make this Spurs fan happy :BOP:
Although, I get the feeling Valencia will only sell if the release fee of £26m is triggered and knowing Levy, he will do all he can to try and get his man for no more than £18m :RANT:

Why is that funny? Theyd have more chance of winning the league than say arsenal with those players

You ! said Marca and then you said buy Fabregas. You honestly think Fabregas would go to Spurs ? RM wants Bale and to think he agreed 6 yr contract w/ o permission from Levy? That's why I laugh , not at you but the situation you layed out.

I always like Bale a lot, but i wouldn't mind him leaving Spurs. With the crazy money Spurs will get, they will be able to buy a couple of good players, then wait and see how the team fares without Bale and, perhaps - if needed - fill gaps in the mid-season transfer window.

I have a feeling that Bale is less important than most people think. The absence of Bale will allow Spurs to be more unpredictable...

I doubt it Gerd, he was a bit special for those last 2-3 months of the season and he still couldn't get them into the top 4. Spurs wouldn't be able to attract the quality to replace him.

---------------Soldado----------------

Di Maria-------Dembele---------Nani

----------Paulinho---Sandro-----------

Baines---Vertonghen--Papadopoulos--Walker

----------------Lloris-----------------

You could do a lot with an extra 85m...

Last edited:
I doubt it Gerd, he was a bit special for those last 2-3 months of the season and he still couldn't get them into the top 4. Spurs wouldn't be able to attract the quality to replace him.

We'll see. Obviously as a Spurs fan i'm tempted to see thing through rose tinted glasses, but sometimes i have the impression that Spurs played too much for Bale. That dependency makes "lazy" (i.e. not creative enough). What Spurs need now above all is a good forward...

I'm quite sure Chadli can replace Bale. Not that he has Bale brilliance, but one can wonder if that is really needed. After all, Man Utd had good results after Ronaldo's departure too...

Godotelli, of that team i only would want Baines, Padopoulos and Soldado (of the new players). Perhaps Di Maria (but i wonder how the English fans and press would react to his diving if Bale was as much criticized, when it comes to diving Bale is the poor man's version of Di Maria...).

---------------Soldado----------------

Di Maria-------Dembele---------Nani

----------Paulinho---Sandro-----------

Baines---Vertonghen--Papadopoulos--Walker

----------------Lloris-----------------

You could do a lot with an extra 85m...

I'd prefer.

Lloris

Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Contrao

Paulinho - Sandro - Dembele/Holtby/Carroll

Bale - Soldado - Chadli​

I'd prefer.

Lloris​

Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Contrao​

Paulinho - Sandro - Dembele/Holtby/Carroll​

Bale - Soldado - Chadli​

For me Dembele is always a starter and we desperately need a new RB, Walker is talented, but must be one of the least intelligent players i've ever come across. To be honest if i had to choose between Bennie and Walker, i always go for Disco Bennie...always.

Vertonghen ahs talked about Assou-Ekoto in a television interview. He said that in his opinion Assou-Ekoto must be among the best LB's in the world. I honestly don't see it that way... (did Vertonghen say this to avoid playing LB in the future ? But that would be strange since he is LB with our national team and strangely will never be played as a CB because our coach has a blind confidence in Vermaelen, and yes Vermaelen has never played a bad match for the national team).

Back
Top Bottom