Tottenham Thread

was funnily enough the only time we saw a front four of Kagawa, Rooney, Van Persie and Nani in that 2nd half and we played some great stuff. we were all over them and unlucky not to score.

I hope for your sake you're a WUM.

Manchester United 'safe'? Are you kidding me? I just don't even know where to start. Ferguson's career did not start in 2012.

Hell even if you only watch Spurs' matches - we've beaten you in 2 of the biggest, most exciting come backs in EPL history in just the past 3 or 4 seasons. Even this season our loss at OT was a cracking match full of attacking football.

I seriously do hope it's just WUM'ing.

What the fuck is "WUM'ing" supposed to mean?

Of course even Ferguson throw everything forward when looking for goals... The Ferguson match plan is generally to play safe and grind out a result, but if that fails and they need a goal.. he's not stupid. You have to be a United fan to like the style, but everybody can be impressed with the achievements. Just don't lie to yourselves and say it's fucking Joga Bonito, cuz it ain't.

Last edited:
It's overstated, we were very entertaining at the start of last season before Cleverley got injured and we tightened up our defence after the 6-1 mauling.

This season we've been entertaining in patches but generally quite dull, a large part of which is down to all of our wingers enduring poor seasons and so we've relied a lot on individual brilliance instead of overall dominance.

What the fuck is "WUM'ing" supposed to mean?

Of course even Ferguson throw everything forward when looking for goals... The Ferguson match plan is generally to play safe and grind out a result, but if that fails and they need a goal.. he's not stupid. You have to be a United fan to like the style, but everybody can be impressed with the achievements. Just don't lie to yourselves and say it's fucking Joga Bonito, cuz it ain't.

This is just so wrong I don't even know where to begin. So I won't.

Either you started watching football 6 months ago, or you're WUM'ing. Those are the only two options I can come up with. I don't think the former is true, so yeah...

Bale dived slightly but I think it was warranted in this case. Def foul from the defender. Unfortunately for him his reputation in the box seems to have worked against him there.

This is just so wrong I don't even know where to begin. So I won't.

Either you started watching football 6 months ago, or you're WUM'ing. Those are the only two options I can come up with. I don't think the former is true, so yeah...

Fergies squad have been efficient over the years. they certainly have not been the most attractive team in the league.

There main strengths is sheer power, ability and fergies hunger in his players

Narrowly missed out on the CL. Still, this is the highest points total a Spurs team has ever had...well done AVB and Spurs.

Those silly points lost to Wigan and the home defeat to Fulham especially turned out to be very costly in the end.

Narrowly missed out on the CL. Still, this is the highest points total a Spurs team has ever had...well done AVB and Spurs.

Indeed, if not for the Sandro injury one wonders where Spurs would have ended up.

Rather ran out of steam by the end there. Bale literally pulled out 10 points or so in the last few weeks.

I hope Spurs keep a hold of Bale, and sign a class striker. If they can do that and keep everyone fit, there's no reason they won't challenge again.

I think he will. Lots of rumours of him signing a new deal with a huge buy-out clause.

Also I think given his background - basically having a wasted season and a half where he was a mockery - should put his super-quick rise into context. At least I hope it will

Was worrying to see his hissy fit yesterday. He clearly does believe he's the second coming of C. Ronaldo.

I think he will. Lots of rumours of him signing a new deal with a huge buy-out clause.

Also I think given his background - basically having a wasted season and a half where he was a mockery - should put his super-quick rise into context. At least I hope it will

Was worrying to see his hissy fit yesterday. He clearly does believe he's the second coming of C. Ronaldo.

Bale+and+Ronaldo.jpg
article-2297477-144417F6000005DC-631_306x423.jpg
Gareth-Bale-As-with-Cristiano-Ronaldo.jpg

all he needs is the line on the side of his head and wear baseball caps backwards ;)

:LOL:

It's slightly disturbing his somewhat obsession to be Ronaldo 2.0 but if he keeps improving and making the improvements like he has in the last 2 years he could started wearing flowers in his hair or wearing hot pants and I wouldn't mind :D

He'll have to see how he looks in Red to complete the transformation though ;))

He'll have to see how he looks in Red to complete the transformation though ;))

I have devised a brilliant negotiating strategy for either;

-Tell Bale that he could never reach Ronnie's level if he were to play at United.

-Tell CR that Bale will be better than him when he joins United.

Surely one of their egos will bite, no?

I'm hearing we are planning on making bids to Soldado, David Villa, and Benitez. Plus there's also something going on about a swap deal with Aston Villa for Benteke which Defoe is a part of.

The striker situation is quite hilarious. When I thought Villa was a lock, in Piers Morgan words, "BOOM", he's gone.

Hoping for Benteke or Soldado.

I'm a huge fan of Benteke, love him since he played for my favourite team Genk. But IMO he is not the player Spurs need.

I'm a huge fan of Benteke, love him since he played for my favourite team Genk. But IMO he is not the player Spurs need.

I'm agree I think he's just another Andy Carroll , he will be a great player to a middletable team but not for a team who wants top 4

There are question marks over him, but I say, personally it's a risk I think worth taking. I was very impressed with him last season and he's still young so plenty of room to improve. At the right price I would take him.

EDIT: He wants out.

Aston Villa have confirmed Christian Benteke has handed in a transfer request and the striker will be allowed to leave if a suitable offer is made 'within an appropriate timeframe.'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom