Tottenham Thread

tobi;2697472 Dembele's problem is that he obsessed with beating his man with a side step dribble instead of playing with his head up and spotting the runs from his team mates. IMO he's better in a midfield three. [/QUOTE said:
It's obvious that you haven't seen him playing much. If there is one player who plays with his head up, it's Dembele. If there is a lack of movement in front of you then you have to dribble. The weak point of Spurs is Adebayor. he is lazy, arrogant, sloppy and simply not good enough.

Dembele's problem is that he is compared to Modric. IMO Modric is the best player that has ever played for Spurs. People also forget that it took Modric time to adapt. Dembele is only in his first season. IMO he has done very well and is very important. I know this is a strange time to say this because he played a very bad match against Basel. Things like that happen and this will motivate him to do better.

To give you an idea how good he is: in our national team Fellaini is on the bench because of Dembele.

In our national team Dembel plays in 3 man midfield with one very creative player alongside him who has a killer pass (Kevin De Bruyne, by far the best Belgian player of the current crop). In Spurs' midfield there is no player with De Bruyne's creativity and Dembele hasn't that either.

IMO Dempsey, Sigurdsson (a litle bit less) and Holtby haven't showed what they are capable of. But why not a have a litle bit of patience. Let Bale go to Real Madrid and build a team without stars. With the money from Bale it should be possible to buy a good striker (Leandro Damiao ??) and a creative midfielder (and Holtby could turn out to be that player, he needs time).

I don't agree, I've seen about 95% of our games this season and on several occasions he has missed crucial moments to slide a team mate in because he didn't see them.

The game against Everton was another example of it and IMO it was the reason why he was subbed, he doesn't have good vision.

The team's movement isn't good, but his team mates expect him to beat his man and most of the time at least one person will make a run accordingly but many times he doesn't see them. Instead he'll slow the play down and go into iso mode, by then its too late, the gap has been plugged and they have to start all over again.

Dembele and Parker in the middle is a bad combo because they both hold onto the ball too long, Sandro is missed big time because he wins the ball and immediately moves it on. Carroll always has his head up and moves the ball quickly, the other two have killed countless opportunities to attack quickly because they prefer to dribble or do their best ring around the roses impression.

I agree with you about Dembele-Sandro. They are better together than Dembele-Parker. It is a shame that Sandro got injured, because he was splendid this season.

Got to admit that i have seen less matches than you. Maybe Dembele plays different with Spurs than with our national team, Fulham and AZ.

I'm probably biased. Together with Hazard and De Bruyne, i've always had a soft spot for both Spurs Belgians (i especially like Vertonghen as a DMF IMO he is great at that position, but he prefers to play CB himself).

On the plus side (well, according to BBC Sport), Aguero and Silva seem doubtful to make the game on Sunday which would be a major boost.

Still can't see us beating City though :p

Both a huge loss for us

One slight positive is that Dzeko seems to like playing against Spurs.

absolutely fantastic match and comeback..you guys deserve CL...

Mancini is useless as well as all the milions spended...

That was unexpected, and we actually played some decent football from time to time. Thank god Defoe is back, Adebayor is probably the biggest waste of space and oxygen in the whole of London at the moment.

Good changes, all the subs impacted the game.

Mancini thanks for not responding and thanks for not pressing The Hudd.

Don't know if it was on European feeds, but the commentator on Fox Soccer had the best line of the season, directly after Bale scored:

"It's a glorious Tottenham Purple Patch!!!!"

I mean, just wow.

Great win, very impressed with the 2nd half from Spurs. City couldn't handle them.

That was unexpected, and we actually played some decent football from time to time. Thank god Defoe is back, Adebayor is probably the biggest waste of space and oxygen in the whole of London at the moment.
it is too acerbic although adebayor plays bad but he did some great jobs before.....

IMO Adebayor is absolutely useless...i don't remember a good match for a long time from him.
Maybe it's a confidence thing, but he gives the impression that he doesn't care at all.

it is too acerbic although adebayor plays bad but he did some great jobs before.....

Should we keep players on the field based on what they did yesteryear?

EDIT:
I've complained a lot about AVB's inability to make necessary changes to the team during the match, today he did some good choices and it's a relief to see. I hope he can keep improving in that area.

IMO Adebayor is absolutely useless...i don't remember a good match for a long time from him.
Maybe it's a confidence thing, but he gives the impression that he doesn't care at all.

It's cause he's on 100k a week, and doesn't give a flying fuck. The last time I saw him play well, was last season when he was on loan. He's been useless ever since his permanent move to Spurs.

But nonetheless Great win for Spurs, great to see Defoe back and scoring again :)

Great win! Didn't see that coming as City were abolutely dominant for 70mins. Great to have Bale and Defoe back and scoring again.

Really believe we can win our remaining games (possibly a draw at Chelsea, a win would be a great birthday gift:SMUG:) and hopefully fingers crossed that will be enough.

Also, with next week I'm sure Utd will have the title wrapped up before then. But despite that, I still think they'll play their strongest team and look to win all their remaining games as there's no cup final to rest players for.

In many ways, I kind of hope Utd don't win tonight which means they will be desperate to win next Sunday.

But that saves the goons the ignominy of performing a guard of honor for RVP :P

Last edited:
My feed stopped recording due to the late kickoff at the 75th minute - was saying to a friend that Bale was doing his best to make the FWA look like idiots as I wasn't convinced he'd touched the ball yet.

Haven't seen the goal, but guess he popped up!

Was at the game today.

Honestly, we were awful for the entire 90mins. We play like that on Wesnesday, then Chelsea will batter us.

I feel for Southampton, they played really well and deserved at least a point if not all three!

But up stepped Bale with yet another wonder goal and now we just have to hope Chelsea don't win tomorrow and it should set-up Wednesday nights game perfectly.

Although, the prospect of ending 2 decades of hurt by winning at Stamford Bridge is an incredibly tall order...

Should be interesting. Chelsea are actually playing far better than Spurs and Arsenal at the moment - despite having lots more matches.

I think Chelsea will win tomorrow at OT (because they always beat United) which will make Wednesday pivotal.

It's like the players don't want to be in the Champions League next season, another awful performance.

To be fair, Spurs haven't played well all season. I've said it all along, but everyone seems to be blinded by the results AVB have grinded out game after game. I don't see us playing well against Chelsea, but if this season is anything to go by, we don't need to in order to win the match...

It's not especially fun to be Spurs supporter when the team play like this though, it's only a small step away from anti football to be honest.

Last edited:
To be honest Chelsea deserve a CL place far more than both Spurs and Arsenal...
The Spurs team looks knackered and out of form.

The worst thing is the lack of effort from the players.

Back
Top Bottom