Tottenham Thread

Yes, sniper was In the stands

So you honestly believe it wasn't a penalty? The Spurs full back never jumped into him? You could tell by the look on his face he knew he'd fouled him and made no objection to the decision. Stupid challenge. Went down a bit easy but was a foul nonetheless. If that was at other end of the pitch I'd be going ballistic at the defender for making such a ridiculous decision an would have no complaints of penalty being given.

IMO Jan Vertonghen is Spurs' only top class defender. Dawson isn't that bad, but both disco Benni and Walker are not good enough for a top team that wants to play the CL regularly.

Kaboul was very good before he got injured, I wonder if he'll be able to hit the same heights when he returns.

So you honestly believe it wasn't a penalty? The Spurs full back never jumped into him? You could tell by the look on his face he knew he'd fouled him and made no objection to the decision. Stupid challenge. Went down a bit easy but was a foul nonetheless. If that was at other end of the pitch I'd be going ballistic at the defender for making such a ridiculous decision an would have no complaints of penalty being given.

Nah mate it was the imbelishment by Suarez, he could have stayed up. Card to Suarez for imbelishment foul to spurs,
Drop ball in box would have been right call. Would stop these fucks from
Trying to get academy awards.

it was a penalty. I have seen whole season referees given so much similar penalties. It was a clumsy challenge.you can't use your hands like that on a player's shoulder specially from the back.
and honestly there were more stupid penalties to be discussed in this week , certainly not this one ! oh wait a minute ! I forgot it was luis suarez involved in it !

IMO Jan Vertonghen is Spurs' only top class defender. Dawson isn't that bad, but both disco Benni and Walker are not good enough for a top team that wants to play the CL regularly.

idk why i always thought Walker is class player , I haven't seen much of him tho but everytime i've seen he has been pretty good !

Mate it was a foul, I'm not disputing that. It was the fact Suarez made a fucking Christmas feast of if. He could have kept moving.

He nearly bounced out of the ground with his theatrics

It was a penalty but, yet again, it's boring to say now, he's a cunt.

This. Suarez in unsportsmanlike act shocker.

He does it every 10 minutes he's on the pitch. You could make a drinking game of it.

My personal favourite is his patented, scream when challenged (often cleanly), raise one hand desperately at the referee while holding limb/face with the other.

If he gets the foul, cue demands for yellow card. If he doesn't, he's up again like a flash.

Agree, in us hockey they deal with this in a much better way. Both players get a penalty and neither team gets an advantage. Football needs to adopt this.

This. Suarez in unsportsmanlike act shocker.

He does it every 10 minutes he's on the pitch. You could make a drinking game of it.

My personal favourite is his patented, scream when challenged (often cleanly), raise one hand desperately at the referee while holding limb/face with the other.

If he gets the foul, cue demands for yellow card. If he doesn't, he's up again like a flash.

Sounds an awful lot like a certain Portuguese lad who used to play down the other end of the east lancs road.

idk why i always thought Walker is class player , I haven't seen much of him tho but everytime i've seen he has been pretty good !

He is over rated, take away his pace and there's nothing left.

Kaboul was very good before he got injured, I wonder if he'll be able to hit the same heights when he returns.

He was brilliant last season, definitely our player of the season.

Most likely won't see fully until next season but I look forward to him and Vertonghen at the back.

Nah mate it was the imbelishment by Suarez, he could have stayed up. Card to Suarez for imbelishment foul to spurs,
Drop ball in box would have been right call. Would stop these fucks from
Trying to get academy awards.

Suarez gets fouled (as you admit yourself) but give a foul against him? I hate diving gits (and Spurs have a shocking one themselves in Bale) but that was a foul. BAE jumped into him. He impeded him. Penalty. You'd be screaming for a pen up the other end. Stupid, idiotic challenge. Not sure how it can be denied but crack on.

I don't particularly like Suarez, but you got to admit that just like Ronaldo (who i come to like the last months, after seen his reaction when a Portuges fan shouted for Messi, i genuinely liked Ronaldo's reaction) he is one hell of a player. That first goal !

All credit to Liverpool, they played a good match, but i still have the impression that Spurs threw that game away more than that Liverpool won it...maybe as a Spurs fan i'm biased.

IMO there is too much discussion about the penalty and Suarez exageration, it was a penalty no matter how ridiculous (and i've seen much worse) Suarez' dive was...to be honest, i can live with his behaviour in this particular match. There wasn't that awfully much wrong with it...he behaved like most football players would.

PS: i should have posted this in in the Liverpool thread...

What has that match to do with AVB's incompetence ?
The players started the match as a formality, they are to blame.

If that match wasn't a disgrace and a testament to AVB's incompetence, then nothing is. I am ashamed...

Go on...

They all approached the game with the wrong mentality, just like Bayern, you can't play with the handbrake on and then switch back to normal when your under pressure.

Isn't fatigue becoming an issue as well? I don't know how much AVB has been rotating but it's more or less the same XI the past month or so whenever I've watched Spurs.

He rotates, but not enough Abou.
But imo if you compare Spurs's squad depth with the squad depth of Man Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and perhaps even Liverpool, Spurs as a squad are inferior.

If you only look at the fringe players, one could even argue that Everton's bench is as strong as Spurs.

And about AVB: IMO he is overachieving with Spurs.
Spurs need at least one decent forward, another good CB, and a decent RB (and i'm not sure about Disco Benni at LB eihter althoug Naughton seems pretty decent).

Also don't forget that Sandro is injured, he proved very important this season.

Didn't watch the whole match just a bit at the end. Livermore looked shattered , he couldn't play anymore. Look like a wArrior fighting and the fact at the end of the match everyone on the pitch looked shattered. Lets see if Sunday's match makes a difference.

Edit: naughty was the fullback last night , not Livermore? Tbh I'm not familiar w Spurs or their players. I don't even know the starting XI . Funny I know Swanese and Everton more.

Last edited:
They could also use the player Harry never played: Pavelyuchenko (he's better than Adebayor, Krancjar) and Pienaar for instance...

What are you talking about, gerd?

Roman Pavlyuchenko is not a Spurs player, neither is Kranjcar or Piernaar...

Go on...

They all approached the game with the wrong mentality, just like Bayern, you can't play with the handbrake on and then switch back to normal when your under pressure.

Are you insinuating that inspiring the players isn't the manager's job?

1. The players weren't mentally prepared for a massive attack that anyone with half a brain KNEW would come.
- The ultimate responsibility lies on AVB for making damn sure the players are ready

2. The team played awful in the first half, and even worse in the second half.
- AVB didn't make any changes to a tactical plan that obviously were failing beyond compare, incompetence.

3. Adebayor were particularly sloppy yesterday, but he took off Defoe.
- Adebayor kept playing really poorly and the goal was pure luck, and odds are that Defoe would be more or less in the same area and gotten the goal if he had been on. Defoe were not great, but at least showed some initiative and shouldn't be taken off before Adebayor in any circumstance unless injured.

4. Gallas were directly to blame for the three first goals, yet he played 120 minutes. It was probably the worst performance by a Spurs player this side of the last world war.
- We had cover on the bench, two in fact. Why not use them when the defense CLEARLY didn't work out? Incompetence.

Spurs playing badly isn't a new phenomena, we've not actually played a really good match defensively under AVB yet. We've been damn lucky and Bale has given us some undeserved wins, and in other occasions the opponents have played even worse than Spurs. Offensively we are very obvious, slow and everything seems coincidental. Even when Bale is on the pitch we rarely play out anyone, we are just lucky and persistent but luck will run out and persistence will fade. To be quite honest, that this team is fighting for a medal is a clear sign of weakness to the whole league. Sad but true. Spurs two years ago would kick this team's ass with several goals at least.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom