Tottenham Thread

bhg4md.jpg
oh dear

So Bale wants to trademark a goal celebration Pato has been doing since 2007??

That's the most idiotic thing I've seen in a while, if true.

Sounds too ridiculous to be true IMO. Even if it is true, I highly doubt it was Bale s idea. A lot of folks out there see a player like him and see an easy opportunity to benefit financially.

Yeah he doesn't care if others do it, just a way to create a logo for his 'brand' which is starting to take off.

I honestly forgot he was playing last night until he finally reluctantly dropped deep to involve himself.

When Emanuel Adebayor is putting in more work than you on the football pitch, you know something's wrong.

A draw is just not good enough.
Chelsea were by far the better team for 70 minutes and then they looked tired (this happened a lot this season, i think Chelsea is the team i saw most live and it really is a pattern).

Spurs were a litle bit Lucky: two beautiful goals but on the second Adebayor was offside...

If Arsenal doesn't make mistakes, it's over for Spurs...
I've criticized Adebayor a lot this season, but yesterday he was good. What a strange player he is...

If Adebayor sorts himself out and Villas Boas can get the best out of him again, you could have one of the best strikers in the league.

It's a big if at the moment, but I still think he has it in him if he wants it.

IMO Adebayor is the best forward Arsenal have had in the post Henry period, but lately he often seems unmotivated...maybe AVB told him yesterday that he got his last chance...somehow i keep on thinking that. The difference with the usual Adebayor was far too big.

In fact i haven't seem him play a single match as motivated as that, this season. last season he had quite a few good matches, but this season he was often abysmal.

Last edited:
Can't really see us sneaking into that top 4. Needed Villa to get something today. Chelsea and Arsenal not dropping points and doesn't look they will.

We need to win at Stoke tomorrow and hope Wigan can get something at Arsenal. Though that can still happen, it seems likely the team that will drop points is Spurs.

It's the Tottenham way :RANT:

I'm still confident Bale will be with us next season regardless of what happens at the end of the season.

Yeah I think you needed to win on Wednesday to get in, It will be a tough Summer though.

Bale is now on the minds of all the top clubs around Europe, Moyes has been warned off today by AVB :LOL: and Zidane has been eying him up for Real too and with everyone telling him to progress he needs Champions League football.

Only think Bale would have gone to Utd if Fergie was still in charge next season. Plus, don't think Utd can afford him and I think he'll go abroad if he were to leave.

He's no Carrick or Berbatov :))

I think if SAF was still here we'd be eying up the better version in Ronaldo :))

I don't know who he'll want to go to but I think it will be difficult to keep him with Real starting their pursuit.

Really? :SS

I think whichever way you slice it, its the competition where the best players, the elite are striving to be and I doubt Gareth Bale feels going to the Brittania Stadium on a cold and windy Sunday is the same as going to the Santiago Bernabau on a Wednesday.

The best players are divided between very few clubs, so you don't play against "the best players" in more than a few odd matches during a CL campaign.

Besides, you underestimate the impact a good manager has on the team performance. I'd take a really good manager over a squad filled with world stars.

Manchester United is one good example, a bunch of Jack of all trades and a few stars and a brilliant *spits* manager who plays piss boring football but cares only about the points and not the entertainment value.

Last edited:
Manchester United is one good example, a bunch of Jack of all trades and a few stars and a brilliant *spits* manager who plays piss boring football but cares only about the points and not the entertainment value.

Did you start watching football 2 years ago?

Fergie not caring about entertaining football? Good lord. Have a word with yourself.

Cantona? The entirety of 95-01? 06-09? Jebus.

This season we've been admittedly functional. But to say Ferguson plays boring football..my word.

Of course he does that to wind you up beach, i've put him on my ignore list for a couple of months now.

But IMO Cantona's briljant Man Utd team is very far away now. You can't argue with their recent record but IMO they are a sore to the eyes apart from some fantastic counter football at times (IMO Man Utd are the most briljant counter team ever). OF course they are more than a counter team.
United are the strongest team of the the last 25 years, but far from the most attractive. Remember Keegan's Newcastle, Wengers invincibles, and this year teams like Chelsea, Swansea.

Anyway this is all very subjective, it's only my opinion. One thing is certain: Ferguson and United deserve their palmares...

We have become a bit boring Gerd, I think there is a few reason's to that such as our wide players who bring the quality down at the minute, this season we really haven't had a winger running at people in a traditional 'Manchester United' way.

I think one or two changes and we'd suddenly be very entertaining. we still show amazing glimpses of quality like RVP's Volley etc.

Mission accomplished against a team that is not Spurs favourite opponent.
Will it be enough ?
Will Wigan help us ?

Once again not the best performance, but a win is a win...

I didn't say that United didn't deserve their trophies, but I have no qualms about speaking the truth about the United type football either. It is BORING... and I am not saying Spurs are great to watch at the moment either.

Gerd put me on his ignore list after a discussion where he accused me of passing off personal views as facts, which might be true, but Gerd does the very same thing himself. Long live hypocrisy!

I think one or two changes and we'd suddenly be very entertaining. we still show amazing glimpses of quality like RVP's Volley etc.

By that account, Spurs has played AMAZING this season... Bale has showed those "glimpses" every other match. Everybody knows that individual moments of skill isn't equal to playing great football though. Ferguson doesn't stand for entertaining football and never has which is fine because fans are blind to the truth anyway as long as the results are there. Ferguson's style is best described as trustworthy and safe.

Last edited:
Ferguson doesn't stand for entertaining football and never has which is fine because fans are blind to the truth anyway as long as the results are there. Ferguson's style is best described as trustworthy and safe.

I hope for your sake you're a WUM.

Manchester United 'safe'? Are you kidding me? I just don't even know where to start. Ferguson's career did not start in 2012.

Hell even if you only watch Spurs' matches - we've beaten you in 2 of the biggest, most exciting come backs in EPL history in just the past 3 or 4 seasons. Even this season our loss at OT was a cracking match full of attacking football.

I seriously do hope it's just WUM'ing.

Back
Top Bottom