Tottenham Thread

I do hope Spurs finish rd this year above chelsea/arsenal. But while i agree they may need a better cf, a creative midfielder is more important. One that can attract defenders onto him and make that pass to ade or defoe (as they can handle one on ones easily). With that said, i honestly thought vdv was the answer, but that didnt work out as well as ppl hoped. Probably a reason why Harry tried bale in the middle.

But with that said, who's avail with that quality?? Not like spurs can go for sneijder or kaka

Right getting found out....ugh should not respond to trolls

He's a good football player, but he has obvious weaknesses that a top flight team can not afford.

1. He's not a natural goalscorer or a proper trequartista, yet he wants to play a position that those kinds of players usually obtain.

2. He's neither fast nor strong.

For USA he's probably great, but a top flight team that needs a "player in the hole" wants a better player, a more prolific scorer/assister or a true trequartista (not too many of these though) for that slot.

I do hope Spurs finish rd this year above chelsea/arsenal. But while i agree they may need a better cf, a creative midfielder is more important. One that can attract defenders onto him and make that pass to ade or defoe (as they can handle one on ones easily). With that said, i honestly thought vdv was the answer, but that didnt work out as well as ppl hoped. Probably a reason why Harry tried bale in the middle.

But with that said, who's avail with that quality?? Not like spurs can go for sneijder or kaka

van der Vaart was sold because Villas Boas wanted to play 4-3-3 and he wouldn't fit that formation, but they bought Deuce and Sigurdsson who plays in the exact same spot (although solve the role differently), so one can wonder what the bottom line idea was in the first place. van Der Vaart also have some stamina issues, so he's a weak link unless you got a good backup. Dos Santos was intended as that, but that never really worked out because he never really got the chance (FU for that Redknapp..).

A deep dive into Sigurdsson and Dempsey at Spurs: What are they really doing there? (Alternatively; What the hell is Boas thinking?)
http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com...ctics-analysis-clint-dempsey-gylfi-sigurdsson

Last edited:
Dempsey has been something of a disappointment until now, you can't deny that...

He hasn't been played in the same position or manner as he did at Fulham though. AVB hasn't been getting the best of him.

Think he'll have a decent second half of the campaign though, seems to have sorted out his role and he's a very good player.

He's a good football player, but he has obvious weaknesses that a top flight team can not afford.

1. He's not a natural goalscorer or a proper trequartista, yet he wants to play a position that those kinds of players usually obtain.

2. He's neither fast nor strong.

For USA he's probably great, but a top flight team that needs a "player in the hole" wants a better player, a more prolific scorer/assister or a true trequartista (not too many of these though) for that slot.

van der Vaart was sold because Villas Boas wanted to play 4-3-3 and he wouldn't fit that formation, but they bought Deuce and Sigurdsson who plays in the exact same spot (although solve the role differently), so one can wonder what the bottom line idea was in the first place. van Der Vaart also have some stamina issues, so he's a weak link unless you got a good backup. Dos Santos was intended as that, but that never really worked out because he never really got the chance (FU for that Redknapp..).

A deep dive into Sigurdsson and Dempsey at Spurs: What are they really doing there? (Alternatively; What the hell is Boas thinking?)
http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com...ctics-analysis-clint-dempsey-gylfi-sigurdsson

agree about his speed, his strength is fairly immense IMO. To be fair to duce he isnt a trequista, he plays in a secondary striker role when he is at his best. I dont see why he cant support defoe in the attack. I am not sure why you do not think a guy who has scored double digits in the prem the last two years is not a goal scorer. I beleive he is fulhams all time leading goal scorer in the EPL. I think the second half of the season will play this argument out. You do recall he also did very well for fulham in europe inlcuding the euro final...

My friend gomito, sometimes you have similar reactions...
Maybe i'm very naïve but i think Benni meant it as a joke.

On the other hand: he's wrong about the US.
At the beginning of 2012 they played against Belgium and i quite liked them, they had this Latino sounding CMF which i really loved, great, great player... Can't remember his name...

IMO the USA have a good solid team for quite a long time now. Maybe i'm biased because i've always loved the USA national team...

Of course I meant is as joke and I dont know much about current US team I have to admit.

But Gomito, you are very quick to defend anything USA-related on here. Chill dude. And you also react to people the same ways, Gerd is right.

Dont be so angry all the time :)

I like Parker he does a good job and works hard but he has become a football forum cliche which people like to jump on.

This brave scotty parker rubbish is boring, not his fault the English commentators and media are clueless idiots.

I've said it before: Parker is a hell of a player.
You know why big club fans don't like Parker ? For the same reason they don't like Bale: because they were both voted player of the year instead of the Rooney's of this world. From then on, Parker suddenly was not good enough...
Read the posts on this forum who really know there football: they think Parker is a great player.

Yep he is Gerd. Man Utd and Arsenal especially could do with a Parker type player for their weak midfields right now.

The thing about Parker is that he was only really top class for a single season - when he excelled at WHU. For that season I'll grant you he was very good, but the rest of his career is marred by injury and inconsistency.

It's similar to the way United fans rant about Darren Fletcher. I followed Fletcher since he was in the youth setup - and he was only true United quality for about 18 months in 2007. Before that and obviously now he was always decent, but not at the top level.

As to tomorrow's match, I'm pretty confident that Spurs will win at home. I don't see United coping well with Bale, Lennon and Dembele all fit and firing.

The thing about Parker is that he was only really top class for a single season - when he excelled at WHU. For that season I'll grant you he was very good, but the rest of his career is marred by injury and inconsistency.

It's similar to the way United fans rant about Darren Fletcher. I followed Fletcher since he was in the youth setup - and he was only true United quality for about 18 months in 2007. Before that and obviously now he was always decent, but not at the top level.

As to tomorrow's match, I'm pretty confident that Spurs will win at home. I don't see United coping well with Bale, Lennon and Dembele all fit and firing.

I agree it will be very difficult for Utd. I keep hoping that the next game will be the one where we are finally going to be firing on all cylinders for more than 20 min. If it happens against the Spurs, and the Spurs are ready to play as well, we could be in for a very entertaining and hopefully controversy free game.

Argh. Maybe would have taken a draw before the match, but man, painful. It was coming.

I think in those conditions against a strong Spurs side that have real momentum a point away is a decent result. But does sting a bit!

Also, at 1-0 a clear, I mean 'stonewall' penalty not given to United. Given Spurs' memory of Carroll and the Carrick non-pen from donkey's years ago, can we finally FINALLY put it to bed please?

I%20LOVE%20fplth0007.jpg

Fair result in the end IMHO. Defense overall was outstanding, Welbeck has a future as a winger. Tactically strong game, Bale, Defoe and Dembele were mostly controlled. Lennon overran Evra as expected. Spurs definitely more dangerous in last 20 or so. Kinda funny seeing the snowballs being thrown at Utd players during the game, gave Evra a laugh at some pt.

Back
Top Bottom