Tottenham Thread

I like him too, but for some reason i don't really care if he stays or not. Spurs can be good without him too and if he leaves Spurs will gets loads of money for him and could buy other very good players (Spurs still lack a world class CF). IMO (and maybe i am being chauvinistic) Dembele is much more important for the team than Bale (Spurs lost all their matches when Dembele was injured and started winning again when he was back...).

I'm not saying Dembele is better than Bale, but he is more important.

I'd say that's more to do with the lack of alternatives than his quality as a player. Similarly, Utd would be pretty screwed if Carrick was out for an extended period of time.

If Spurs sell Bale I really hope the player would consider United. Not sure we could afford him, but in terms of the 'final step up' it would be great to see another Welsh wizard zipping down the wing. And we actually play with real wingers, unlike most alternatives in world football.

However, from what I've seen of the 'new', post best player in the prem Bale, he's puffed up a bit and will likely go for a setting a transfer record. Fair enough, but I don't think City, PSG or Chelsea would suit his style, personally. He looks so much better playing as a 'basic' wide player, than when Harry tried to turn him into some kind of Ronaldo-lite playing through the middle.

All good posts guys..

Man Utd had a chance at Bale didnt they? They wouldnt afford him now, yes they would pay his wage demands but not the £60 million transfer fee.

I'd say that's more to do with the lack of alternatives than his quality as a player. Similarly, Utd would be pretty screwed if Carrick was out for an extended period of time.

Dembele is one of my favourite players (from his AZ period) and i'm certainly biased, but i think he is underrated Abou.

Do your remember Man Utd - Fulham at the beginning of the season (the match where Rooney got his spectacular injury). Dembele was fantastic in the second half of that match... His weak point is that he almost never scores....

If Spurs sell Bale I really hope the player would consider United. Not sure we could afford him, but in terms of the 'final step up' it would be great to see another Welsh wizard zipping down the wing. And we actually play with real wingers, unlike most alternatives in world football.

However, from what I've seen of the 'new', post best player in the prem Bale, he's puffed up a bit and will likely go for a setting a transfer record. Fair enough, but I don't think City, PSG or Chelsea would suit his style, personally. He looks so much better playing as a 'basic' wide player, than when Harry tried to turn him into some kind of Ronaldo-lite playing through the middle.

I've intentionally tried to get away from the constant criticism I had for him but I wouldn't want him at United simply because when he's sold he'll be the exact definition of 'no value in the market', I'd rather take that ridiculous fee and probably ask Real now that they've got Bale would they consider this amount for Cristiano.

Re: The Spurs thread - Keep Super Michael Carrick at the Lane!!!!

i thought it was United as the favourite.
4.gif

5.gif

6.gif

7.gif

8.gif

Last edited:
Yeah credit to AVB, find it amusing how people like 'arry say 3rd is 'expected' and he's just meeting expectations, well he's actually rotating 'arry, something that you didn't which led to the massive collapse late last season.

We lack a playmaker more than a striker, we have no creativity what so ever and it shows. We are dependent on Lennon, Bale or Defoe to have a smashing day to score goals, whereas a normally creative playmaker could create chances enough to win those matches where we're terrible offensively. We've had quite a few of those "terrible days" to be honest.

Defoe isn't good enough for the level Spur's are going for and funnily enough Adebayor looks half as good as he did when he was just on loan.

Great tactical battle here, qpr sitting back with Full on pressure for the counter

It wasn't much of a tactical battle, we struggle when teams sit back and do basic things.

There is no one in the current squad that can see an early pass, I'm hoping Holtby arrives this month.

Also AVB is compromising and playing 4-4-2 but when you have two of the laziest forwards in the league, it's a disaster.

Adebayor is low on confidence and whilst his overall benefits the team tremendously, he has been so frustrating this season. I've spoken about Defoe many times, dude needs a built in HUD.

The movement from the forwards is SHIT.

We need an intelligent No. 9 and No. 10, most other things are in place.

I hope the Son links are legit.

Last edited:
Yes but Defoe isn't going to be dropped so he has to play in the hole.

There is nothing wrong with Defoe, what we lack is a creative engine on the midfield that is capable of hitting intelligent passes and keep the ball moving. Sigurdsson has been awful so far, Dembele isn't creative enough, Parker is much but not a playmaker, Thudd is cool, but way too slow and so on.

If Redknapp hand't been such a thick headed moron, we would still have Kranjcar... not ideal main playmaker, but much better than nothing which is what we have now.

About "Deuce", I think Dempsey is too slow but he's good on the ball and works great as a backup for Bale as he is capable of acting as a playmaker from the left side, cutting in and slipping the ball to Defoe at the right moment. He is not a real contender for a spot versus Lennon or Bale though. He's been very active the last few matches I watched him, but he's not good enough to wake up the whole team from slumber the way Modric was, for example.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say no to Falcao, but the thing is that Spurs are unable to unlock teams that sit back because they have virtually no creativity in the midfield. Unless we can counter (Bale, Lennon, Defoe), we are sitting ducks ready for the kill.

He isn't a wide player though...
No, he isn't and that's why I said "Cut inside". I never saw the point of buying him in the first place to be honest, waste of money. He's a decent player but shouldn't be able to compete for a starter spot in Spurs unless we aim to become a mid-table team. He's not even suitable as a squad player for us either, as he doesn't really fit in the formation at all.

Last edited:
You are being far too pessimistic. Spurs are having a good season.

Every team has scoreless matches against super defensive teams, even Barcelona....

Dempsey getting found out at Spurs - one good season at Fulham, he would have looked good at Liverpool or Swansea (midtable teams) but not CL elect.

Really hope spurs finish 3rd or 4th.

Back
Top Bottom