Tottenham Thread

Fergie moaning about the time added on was silly, four minutes was generous.

The first half was excellent, I didn't like some things in the second half (bad habits) but it can wait.

Spurs in turmoil,

Great win for Spurs. Rode their luck in the second half, but deserved at least a draw from dominating the first half.

AVB is a bit over the top. They 'created history' tonight? Erm, win a trophy, that's history AVB. Like yours with Porto. Beating a team away that you've beaten many times is not actually that shocking.

He has a point, its their first win here in 23 years and he'll be able to use that as a confidence boost to the lads and what their capable of.

We all know Fergie is an extremely bad loser and fair-play isn't one of his strongest points.
This is the difference between supporting a big club and a club like Spurs. People who support clubs like Man Utd come used to winning, people who support Spurs will never get used to win matches like that...it's very well possible that Man Utd will become champions and Spurs will miss out on CL football, but Man Utd fans will never experience the sheer joy and elation we have when winning big matches once every 23 years...it may sound silly, but that is what being a fan is really about (for me at least).

Edit: Just saw MOTD and to be fair, the second half was the best i've seen Man Utd in a long time (considering they played a very good Spurs team). Kagawa's goal was a beauty. I'm still over the moon that Spurs won, but have the impression a draw would have been a fairer result...

Last edited:
Will Tottenham sell the DVDs,shirts, towels,mugs,etc. 'MUTD 2-3 SPURS'.

Special edition of Dempsey 1st league goal at never seen before interview in the shower. :P

Only if they release it on BD and the second half isn't included.

We all know Fergie is an extremely bad loser and fair-play isn't one of his strongest points.
This is the difference between supporting a big club and a club like Spurs. People who support clubs like Man Utd come used to winning, people who support Spurs will never get used to win matches like that...it's very well possible that Man Utd will become champions and Spurs will miss out on CL football, but Man Utd fans will never experience the sheer joy and elation we have when winning big matches once every 23 years...it may sound silly, but that is what being a fan is really about (for me at least).

Edit: Just saw MOTD and to be fair, the second half was the best i've seen Man Utd in a long time (considering they played a very good Spurs team). Kagawa's goal was a beauty. I'm still over the moon that Spurs won, but have the impression a draw would have been a fairer result...

I agree with this entirely. It's why I also root for Everton, and to be honest am a bit tired of being a United fan. Then again, it's like an addiction - even when I don't want to I still get upset/elated depending on our results. Grown men shouldn't take sports they're not playing so seriously!!!

As for yesterday, the second half was phenomenal football. Spurs had 13% possession in the second half. And Spurs are not a bad team.

I forgot something.
To me Defoe created the 3 goals with his intelligent movement. Who siad that he was not an intelligent player?

He has improved but I still believe that he isn't intelligent, he's still single minded and showed his true self in the second half.

I still think Spurs need a better striker, but i like Defoe.
If i was AVB i would play Adebayor upfront with Dempsey as false second forward and Sigurdsson as AMF in a midfield with Dembele as DMF and Vertonghen as a CB who take over Dembele's role if he goes forward (still think DMF is Vertonghen's best position).

That is theoretical, but the way SPurs are playing at the moment (with Defoe ) upfront does make me hesitate. They are doing very well in that formation.

Adebayor is injured and had no pre season, I'm waiting for him to return, he'll bring the best out of Dempsey and Sigurdsson.

Tough loss there. Gallas with two lovely assists...for Chelsea ;)

Still, that was one of Spurs' toughest fixtures to date - and they definitely looked vunerable.

Where was BAle?

i think AWB will be gone soon after today...but it´s just my feeling..

Why? This loss showed that Spurs have a very good side, and this without two of their best players.

That said, the Lloris/Friedel situation is not good and due to poor man management of AVB. He interrupted Friedel's record in order to bring LLoris in for one match...If you do that bring him in definitely. Friedel is fantastic, but Lloris is the future and should play. It is well possible that at the end of the season, both will be gone...Friedel because he stopped, Lloris because he's fed up.

Otherwise AVB is doing fine. Today Spurs lost narrowly against the leaders.

It's a tricky situation, but I think the fact he bought Lloris no matter what should probably start the season as number 1.

Tough on Friedal but he's close to retirement and I doubt would move to another club at this point, Lloris should be the priority.

I think that's very unfair on Friedel. Keepers can play until 40 and Friedel is still at the top of his game - why does he need to give way to a 'kid' when he still offers top level performances? If anything, Lloris has his career ahead of him.

The problem lies behind the decision to sign Lloris. Don't sign a starter when you already have a starter.

The problem lies behind the decision to sign Lloris. Don't sign a starter when you already have a starter.

I tend to agree with that stef. It all depends on what was communicated to both Friedel and Lloris.
If Spurs said to Lloris that he would be the long term solution, then Friedel should play, but i'm almost sure that wasn't the case. Otherwise a guy like Lloris would not have come.

As unfair as it is to Friedel (who is magnificent), Lloris is the long term solution and should always play (maybe Friedel could be the one for the Cup matches? But that is not ideal for GK's).

It all depends on the fact if Lloris was AVB's target or not...it's a rather complicated situation and not necessary a luxury problem.

Uncle doesn't offer top level performances any more, Lloris must be No.1 asap.

Anyway, he wasn't the main reason why we lost yesterday.

Uncle doesn't offer top level performances any more, Lloris must be No.1 asap.

Anyway, he wasn't the main reason why we lost yesterday.

I fully agree with you. There's no coincidence, Spurs had their first and only clean sheet in the league in his debut. Anyway, Brad wasn't the problem yesterday as you said.

Spurs need another very good CB to play alongside Jan Vertonghen (who played a fantastic match saturday).

PS: André, why don't you answer my PM about the football blog?

Were fine at CB once Disco Benny and Naughton are fit again, we need a creative midfielder asap.

Walker needs to spend some time on the bench, he isn't progressing at all.

Who is disco Benny? Oh you mean Assou-Ekoto.
Then i only see Vertonghen as a good CB.

With Dembele, Sigurdsson (i'm not so sure about him), Dempsey....Spurs have enough creative midfieldish players. Oh and i hesitate to include Sandro too. The midfield is not the problem. It's at the back...

IMO we shouldn't be too conclusive about the match against Chelsea because we missed both Bale and Dembele.

Gallas isn't good enough any more and Dawson and Kaboul are no top CB's.
Spurs should go for Alderweireld who played alongside Vertonghen with Ajax. He's perhaps not top class, but he's used to playing alongside Jan.

On second thought, i understand you. There is something wrong with the team but i can't place really say what. There seems some sort of unbalance for some reason. But to be fair to AVB, the football the team plays is quite good. IMO this season should be seen as a transitional one (but a 4th plays seems possible).

I agree about Gallas, although he's been solid until Saturday. Kaboul is fantastic, he and Vertonghen will be great together.

Playing with Defoe ain't easy but none of the midfielders we have can consistently play the final ball, not enough guile in the team. We need more football brains out there in the final third of the pitch.

Spurs need another very good CB to play alongside Jan Vertonghen (who played a fantastic match saturday).

PS: André, why don't you answer my PM about the football blog?

Hey Gerd, how are you my friend? Been a while since the last time we talked. I barely post here as you can see as I'm totally focused on my studies and other projects. As for the PM, I've recently checked my inbox and I don't see your message at all (or maybe I've just missed something, oh well, technology!). :( Anyway, regarding the blog, I'm ruling myself out unfortunately as I really don't have absolutely no time for it. Perhaps in January or February I can try to write something, if you and other members accept my small contribute that time. Albeit not having time I still read the blog and enjoy it greatly. I'm cheering for you lads on the sidelines.

Cheers mate. :)

Hi André,

Thanks for answering. I should have guessed something went wrong. I'm sorry, must have been my mistake.
If you find the time to make something, we will accept it gladly.

Back
Top Bottom