Tottenham Thread

Ay you could as so could we, Bayern were the better side over two legs last year also.

The CL is all about getting the right matches/moments at key invervals. Real having to face Bayern and Barcelona within days made priorities skewed.

Ay you could as so could we, Bayern were the better side over two legs last year also.

The CL is all about getting the right matches/moments at key invervals. Real having to face Bayern and Barcelona within days made priorities skewed.

May not get out of the group again...

Real
City
Juventus
PSG

A1KAK6CCYAEdPD5.png

<lol>

Some people have too much time on their hands.

I want Spurs to sign Dembele. Cheaper and younger than Moutinho + PL proven. Then go after Willian, Damião and Lloris... oh wait, it's almost September! F*ck off Levy open the damn wallet! :RANT:

Seriously, he's very good, I've never seen him in a regular basis but that guy has been awesome in my FM save with the Spurs. Put this boy in a wing, set him as a inside forward and watch him score shitload of goals and assists to Damião. Funny, AVB has copied my very own short list of buys.

This Spurs team has potential to be real good if AVB is given the right players. He desperately needs a deep lying playmaker. André wants Moutinho so bad but I fear he won't get him. Dembele is a different kind of player although I'm sure he can get the job done.

Dembele was absolutely sensational against Man Utd saturday. His only problem is that he can't score goals to save his life...

Whatever happens Defoe must go.

He is one of the most frustrating, limited and selfish players I've ever seen.

Whatever happens Defoe must go.

He is one of the most frustrating, limited and selfish players I've ever seen.
Agree. And he's an absolute tool away from the pitch. Same goes for Adebayor. Really not liking our strikeforce at all this season. Over the years there's always been one or two strikers at the club who are decent people and who I can support both for the club and for their own careers but not any more. Why Andre van Buuren carried on the pursuit for the Togolese microphone, I'll never understand.

Good luck Luka...fantastic player who always was great for Spurs.
What a shame, but i don't blame him.
I hope he can play regularly and that will not become the new Sahin.

Agree. And he's an absolute tool away from the pitch. Same goes for Adebayor. Really not liking our strikeforce at all this season. Over the years there's always been one or two strikers at the club who are decent people and who I can support both for the club and for their own careers but not any more. Why Andre van Buuren carried on the pursuit for the Togolese microphone, I'll never understand.

Because he hit 18 goals for you last season..

Defoe is a tool, but he's possibly the best natural finisher at your club and for England, admittedly he goes for goal too many times when he should try passing but if he didn't shoot he wouldn't score (look at the Italy friendly).

Adebayor is a steal at about £5m, sure his salary will boost this to about £10m by the end of this year and then £20m by the end of his contract he scored goals for Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham last year, something he will continue to do.

I would however, have liked you to bring Damaio to premier league before one of the super rich clubs decide they'd like a new puppet to play with.

Re LD - Inter's president keeps moving the goalposts.

Defoe isn't a natural finisher, he should be renamed shift and shoot because that's all he does.

He doesn't have a predators instinct and he doesn't have any football intelligence whatsoever.

He doesn't come alive in the penalty area and despite training with Bale and Lennon for several years, he doesn't understand what a near post run is. Something so simple that can be so effective yet he just doesn't see it.

All strikers have to be greedy but its about being greedy at the right times and not taking stupid pot shots even though three defenders are in front of you and a team mate is unmarked ten yards away.

I could go on but you get the picture.

I think you are being harsh on Defoe.

I do think AVB is awful manager though. I would be bored to tears if he was my coach.

Re LD - Inter's president keeps moving the goalposts.

Defoe isn't a natural finisher, he should be renamed shift and shoot because that's all he does.

He doesn't have a predators instinct and he doesn't have any football intelligence whatsoever.

He doesn't come alive in the penalty area and despite training with Bale and Lennon for several years, he doesn't understand what a near post run is. Something so simple that can be so effective yet he just doesn't see it.

All strikers have to be greedy but its about being greedy at the right times and not taking stupid pot shots even though three defenders are in front of you and a team mate is unmarked ten yards away.

I could go on but you get the picture.

Despite (some of) these flaws, Defoe's goal record is quite impressive. His problem is that he's too long with Spurs and then fans don't fancy you anymore. To me Defoe is still a very good forward, the best English natural finisher.

But despite all that, i still have the feeling (and i have it for years now), that upfront Spurs are missing something...Defoe needed a good partner and he never had one...

Because he hit 18 goals for you last season..

Defoe is a tool, but he's possibly the best natural finisher at your club and for England, admittedly he goes for goal too many times when he should try passing but if he didn't shoot he wouldn't score (look at the Italy friendly).

Adebayor is a steal at about £5m, sure his salary will boost this to about £10m by the end of this year and then £20m by the end of his contract he scored goals for Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham last year, something he will continue to do.

I would however, have liked you to bring Damaio to premier league before one of the super rich clubs decide they'd like a new puppet to play with.
Damaio I have definitely wanted to see at Spurs before now. He's possibly there for the taking now we've got more funds.

You'll have to excuse me though regarding Defoe and Adebayor. Both have goalscoring qualities and with Defoe I have definitely seen some stellar finishes over the years. I enjoy attackers who are extremely direct, such as Pavlyuchenko, Ginola.. I'm losing love for Premiership football overall though because the likeable chaps are a dying breed here. Hardly any of the big names aren't complete idiots. Rooney, Drogba, Balotelli, Torres (mostly) etc are all examples of feral arseholes providing a favourable goal-per-game ratio and being idolized. I'd rather have decent folk at my club and see us as high as they can take us. Quite obviously, this isn't a common view but so be it.

Adebayor shouldn't have been signed. A trouble-causer who will desert us if we again don't finish top 4 this year was not worth breaking our wage structure for. Man City wanted rid of a nuisance knowing there's other options and sadly we're treating him like a hero. It won't last.

Despite (some of) these flaws, Defoe's goal record is quite impressive. His problem is that he's too long with Spurs and then fans don't fancy you anymore. To me Defoe is still a very good forward, the best English natural finisher.

But despite all that, i still have the feeling (and i have it for years now), that upfront Spurs are missing something...Defoe needed a good partner and he never had one...

We've moved on from 4-4-2, and that's the only formation that suits him.

We need someone that is completely different to Adebayor, if that's a poacher then so be it however the player must have a brain.

He's scored 100+ goals for us and I'm being harsh on him but I don't care, I've had enough of his basic lack of intelligence.

We've moved on from 4-4-2, and that's the only formation that suits him.

We need someone that is completely different to Adebayor, if that's a poacher then so be it however the player must have a brain.

He's scored 100+ goals for us and I'm being harsh on him but I don't care, I've had enough of his basic lack of intelligence.

A player like Chicarito would be perfect for Spurs imo.

He'd be great but that's a dream that won't come true.

He's not in the Fulham squad tonight, could be rested or talks might be at an advanced stage.

I'd be happy with that, add Lloris, Willian, another forward to The Sig, Vertonghen and Adebayor and its been a successful window (incomings).

I hope we switch to 4-3-3 sooner rather than later.

They (Lyon) seem to be going backwards and forwards on Lloris, one day he can leave if he wants the next it's he can leave cause they don't want him; and then it's a case of "he doesn't want to leave"

I reckon it's a deadline day transfer for sure!

Back
Top Bottom