Tottenham Thread

AVB is backing his chairman, last summer Arry took the high road and played good cop to Levy's bad cop.

Luka is acting like an idiot, he has no power in this situation.

In others news, where are our new strikers?! (Adebayor + 1).

Funny you mention Adebayor I saw him sitting in the stands at the NY Red Bulls vs Philadelphia on Saturday w/ his bird. My guess is he`s on the verge of signing. What`s funnier was seeing Tevez caddy on Sunday US Open!? Aren`t those 2 on City`s payroll still.

Funny you mention Adebayor I saw him sitting in the stands at the NY Red Bulls vs Philadelphia on Saturday w/ his bird. My guess is he`s on the verge of signing.

Yea saw that too. I forgot he's a City player and thought he's there with Tottenham.

Nothing agaisnt Spurs, but have to say that Gareth Bale is turning into one of the biggest cocks on the planet. Think his snub to GB (Thtat's what it was in reality) was a disgrace to start with, also think he's starting to bleat all the time on the park, lot of diving and all the shenanigans with Adam. To go on crutches and saying about injuries and stuff (granted he got one a couple of seasons ago) and then plays in the next game.

Think he's becoming a bit of a primadonna tbh.

FD

I don't know how anyone can accuse him of faking injury after that idiot's tackle. He is very lucky that he isn't out for three months again.

As for the GB stuff, the GB doctors were well aware of his injury, they saw all the necessary documents and agreed that he wouldn't make it in time for the tournament. His recovery was sooner than expected, people should look elsewhere for scapegoats.

Regarding the simulation, he anticipates contact and attempts to avoid it but yes he does dive, I certainly won't condone that. In general though he needs to man up mentally because as AVB says, physically he a beast.

A glimpse into the future...

newWHLwalkway_joined.jpg

Nothing agaisnt Spurs, but have to say that Gareth Bale is turning into one of the biggest cocks on the planet. Think his snub to GB (Thtat's what it was in reality) was a disgrace to start with, also think he's starting to bleat all the time on the park, lot of diving and all the shenanigans with Adam. To go on crutches and saying about injuries and stuff (granted he got one a couple of seasons ago) and then plays in the next game.

Think he's becoming a bit of a primadonna tbh.

FD

Totally agree, for him to pose with the Team GB shirt a few months ago and then to pull out with "an injury" is very poor form. If he never wanted to play for Team GB he should have just politely declined instead of milking it's publicity like this:

Team-GB-Football-Kit-2012-Gareth-Bale.jpg

He's played substantially for Spurs in their pre-season, and even played against the New York Red Bulls despite the Charlie Adam tackle, so his idea that he was not "match fit" for the Olympic team is rubbish, and the press are starting to see through it as well.

Problem with Bale is that he's now got a Ronaldo-sized ego without quite hitting the Ronaldo sized talent.

If he'd wanted to play for team GB, he could have. A simple phone call saying 'hey Stuart, I'm actually ahead of schedule, and could probably be fine to play, especially by the second week' isn't exactly difficult.

Let's face it, he/Spurs blatantly told him no, but unlike most clubs, AVB/Bale/Spurs had the balls to play him in friendlies at the same time - most clubs would have kept their star out of the spotlight.

And anyway, if Team GB do medal, how do you think Gareth will feel then? Not that I think it'll happen, but I kind of do as it would be just reward for Bale.

Bale being valued at £70million by Levy according to that article Edmundo posted! What the actual fuck, I don't rate him that highly as a player, I don't think he even features in my top 10 premier league wingers let alone players, ridiculous price for him.

Bale hasn't got 1/100th of the ego of Ronaldo.

I meant more his prima-donna stylings. I mean, leaving a stadium on crutches so everyone can see, then complaining to the press, then playing 3 days later? All the while you're supposed to be representing your nation at the olympics?

Not to mention he's gotten big into diving and complaining over the last 12 months.

He's obviously not got the pretty-boy ego of Ronaldo, but I'd imagine that's partly cause he's not a pretty boy.

GB agreed he wasn't fit and moved on. Why is that so hard to believe?

Pearce and co could have come out and 'clarified' the situation, why haven't they?

If we didn't have any other players at the Olympics then maybe I'd buy into the conspiracy theory.

Apparently he was "injured" and then flys out to America before the Olympics with Spurs and plays matches for them. Surely if he was that badly injured he wouldnt have flown, and would have stayed in Chingford (or whereever the Spurs training ground is) and just done light training there. Why take a player with a supposedly severe injury on 3-4 long flights and have him play in hot weather? What is he? Lazarus or something?

Daniel Sturridge had viral meningitis a few weeks ago, there was a chance he wouldnt be able to play, but instead he insisted that he wanted to play at all costs and begged Team GB to let him prove his fitness. His attitude has been first class, he really wanted to play and be part of these Olympics, obviously Gareth Bale didn't and preferred to play in non-competitive warm up games in LA and Baltimore.

Apparently he was "injured" and then flys out to America before the Olympics with Spurs and plays matches for them. Surely if he was that badly injured he wouldnt have flown, and would have stayed in Chingford (or whereever the Spurs training ground is) and just done light training there. Why take a player with a supposedly severe injury on 3-4 long flights and have him play in hot weather? What is he? Lazarus or something?

Daniel Sturridge had viral meningitis a few weeks ago, there was a chance he wouldnt be able to play, but instead he insisted that he wanted to play at all costs and begged Team GB to let him prove his fitness. His attitude has been first class, he really wanted to play and be part of these Olympics, obviously Gareth Bale didn't and preferred to play in non-competitive warm up games in LA and Baltimore.

I have a lot of respect for your football knowledge, you are one of the best informed and most eloquent posters on this forum, but here i just don't agree with you. Of course as a Spurs fan i'm biased, but since Bale was player of the year in the penultimate season, there is lots of negativity around him. If i try to be unbiased i will say that Bale is not the player that some people make of him (but he is good), but he is very far from a prima donna...i don't understand all the negativity towards Bale (and i don't mean you Edmundo).

I've read an article on the website of The Guardian where they said that there is no doubt at all that Bale was injured and had every reason to forfeit the Olympics. This is only one source, but the Guardian is a well informed and serious newspaper. I tend to believe them.

It's because it's very fishy. And he has been diving lately. Doesn't play for GB but plays in meaningless friendlies after claiming injury. Leaves on crutches, plays a few days later.
The tackle is one you see every week in the PL. Just some moaning on Bale's part

Good news for Spurs. Gonçalo Costa, a Portuguese reporter for Diário de Notícias known to be very close to André Villas Boas, claims the deal between the club and Leandro Damião is nearly complete. You're going to love this guy!

I LOVE pink! :D

On women..... not when guys like TSo wear it! lol I'm kidding. :P

Damiao would be amazing!! Spurs fans were happy with Adebayor. They're gonna love this guy!

TSO - I'm just putting the finishing touches on Kensi's FA contract.

Good things come to those who wait.

Still interested in the Modric saga personally. 'Arry has come out and said Spurs agreed to sell him to Madrid, but then the press today is saying Spurs have rejected Madrid's 'final' offer of 30m.

Tough position for the player to be in. Spurs act like they hold all the cards, but couldn't Luka hand in a transfer request and screw them?

A transfer request only waives his loyalty bonus etc, won't affect the fee that Levy wants.

Lucas Moura just signed for PSG for €40+ and he's done virtually nothing in his career to date, no way will Levy sell Luka for £30m.

At the end of the day Luka and his agents got owned by Levy when he signed that six year contract. He is stuck in a corner because they didn't think ahead and now rumours that Real have switched targets to Witsel are getting louder.

A transfer request only waives his loyalty bonus etc, won't affect the fee that Levy wants.

Lucas Moura just signed for PSG for €40+ and he's done virtually nothing in his career to date, no way will Levy sell Luka for £30m.

At the end of the day Luka and his agents got owned by Levy when he signed that six year contract. He is stuck in a corner because they didn't think ahead and now rumours that Real have switched targets to Witsel are getting louder.

You don't at all see how this looks from a non-Spurs fan point of view?

If Luka truly had a 'gentlemans agreement' with the club which they're now reneging on, it will damage Levy's reputation and ability to bring in players like Luka (who are 'almost class' when signed) in the future.

It's very short-termist. 30m Euros for a wantaway 27 year old is great business. Levy is believing his own hype, if you ask me.

Also comparing the purchases of PSG, Chelsea or City to any other club is pointless. They exist outside of reality, and unless Luka is getting sold to Oil-dollars, his price shouldn't be affected by them.

If Luka had a 'gentlemans agreement'....do we believe the 'gentleman' Harry Redknapp? No we don't... Redknapp should have shut up about this...

If Luka had a 'gentlemans agreement'....do we believe the 'gentleman' Harry Redknapp? No we don't... Redknapp should have shut up about this...

Agreed, I am taking Harry's word on this. Not because I trust him, but because it doesn't make sense for Modric to have signed such a long contract without some kind of clause/ agreement in there.

He's more or less the only player I can think of who signed a contract >5 years in the prem. And when you take into account his age, just seems there must be more to it than meets the eye.

Occam's Razor and all that.

Spurs or RM cmon! Sahin can`t even get a look at and Mou wants Mod. That is a massive insensitive plus being at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

I understand Levy , he is all business/club and fans love him for it. Mod loves the Spurs and what they did for him. He has another opportunity to take the next step. The difference btw PSG and RM is that Lucas is 19 and Mod is 27. Yes, not proven and the quality is very promising( the fact he wants to help his old club a chance for the copa is telling). Mod wasn`t a high profile player as a matter of fact .He was over looked by a few clubs before going to Spurs.

I will be surprise ,if Mod doesn`t leave and stays. You have 1 silent bitter player on your hands. Like Ryan says how you manage a player sends the message of how you develop them.

Last edited:
You don't at all see how this looks from a non-Spurs fan point of view?

If Luka truly had a 'gentlemans agreement' with the club which they're now reneging on, it will damage Levy's reputation and ability to bring in players like Luka (who are 'almost class' when signed) in the future.

It's very short-termist. 30m Euros for a wantaway 27 year old is great business. Levy is believing his own hype, if you ask me.

Also comparing the purchases of PSG, Chelsea or City to any other club is pointless. They exist outside of reality, and unless Luka is getting sold to Oil-dollars, his price shouldn't be affected by them.

If you want to exclude those clubs that's fine but in a world where Andy Carroll moves for £35m etc. The market dictates his price and he is worth at least £35m.

The same Real Madrid bought Coentrao for €30m last summer.

Levy's reputation is what it is, like Fergie said once - he's different. He haggled for weeks with Ajax and got what he wanted (a price he felt was appropriate). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (to the detriment of the club), that's business.

I'm sure they'll reach a conclusion one way or the other but £30m isn't it.

If you want to exclude those clubs that's fine but in a world where Andy Carroll moves for £35m etc. The market dictates his price and he is worth at least £35m.

I'm sure they'll reach a conclusion one way or the other but £30m isn't it.

You use arguably the most ludicrous transfer in EPL history (alongside Sheva) as a benchmark?

Listen, I get it, Levy is 'tough' and a real big man at the negotiating table (possibly compensating for his appearance/size outside of said table). Lord knows he ripped us off over Berbatov. And that's awesome from Spurs point of view.

But the way the Modric thing has been handled (last summer included) says to me that Modric had certain expectations when he signed the new contract, and that Spurs have backed down from their promises. I know you could say that he therefore shouldn't have signed, but come on, that's not how this tends to work.

Modric isn't NEEDED by Madrid. Therefore if I were Mou and co I'd stick to my guns. Unless PSG decide to buy him (they don't need him either) who else is going to get near £30m?

There are only a few teams in the world who would spend anything close to that, and I don't think a single one of them, except maybe United, have a pressing need for Modric (Juve, Milan, Bayern, Real, Barca, City, Chelsea, PSG).

It's supply and demand, but the market is for a specific player. As far as I can tell, there is no demand for MODRIC at > £30m. If Levy sticks to that, I think Modric will stay, unhappy, again. And as he is one of my favourite footballers, that saddens me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom