Tottenham Thread

I don't agree at all, Saha is fair and those fans are HUGE IDIOTS.
Their reaction is tribalism, i'm ashamed that they support the same club i do. And to be honest it mildly frustrates me that sensible people like Sina and André (i respect them both enormously) don't see it that way. It's only football...

I love English football and English people but sometimes i really don't understand football fans. Must be something cultural or i miss something.

Anyway:

WELL DONE CHELSEA !!!!

Oh boy, i enjoyed that.

(apologies).

Oh don't get me wrong Gerd, I'm not backing those fans nor jumping on Saha, I'm just saying he could have handled it in a different way. When you wrote something like that on your twitter you know fans and press will immediately jump at you, you have to be aware. I also agree that fans overreact. People should not react that way, c'mon, it's only football.

PS: I like both Spurs and Chelsea. I'm kind of a "London lover".

reminded me of why sometimes i love the "hate" between American football teams. On mothers day Osi Umemorya of the New York Giants tweeted Le Sean Mcoy of the Philadelphia Eagles, "Enjoy your special day". LOL. Not saying saha was in the wrong, just saying...

p.s.
manu fans should have heard g neville on the american broadcast when drogba scored, you would have thought he had an orgasm with ronaldos girlfriend...

There's a tv advert where coke cola delivery driver drinks a pepsi cola and the pepsi delivery driver takes a photo. Next, they fight each other to take the evidence away. If this was saha he would send the photo of him drinking the pepsi cola to his employers lol

off topic :

YouTube - PEPSI MAX Drivers

Last edited:
Totally off-topic but the story about Cola/Pepsi reminded me of a story here in Belgium.
We've got two big hamburger joints: Mac Donalds and Quick.
Quick is Belgian and is the main sponsor of Jupiler League team Beerschot. Two seasons ago they bought Dutch forward Sherjill Mc Donald. Immediately there were adverts who read: "Quick welcomes Mc Donald and wishes him all the best in his new shirt."

They probably would but do you see the difference?

They finished 4th instead and so because of Chelsea will now be playing Europa League!
Well who's fault is that? It's not because of Chelsea, it's because of them. They put themselves in that position. What do you expect Chelsea to do then bro? Lose the CL final for the Spurs fans? ;) Chelsea did their part as a football club and Spurs should've done just the same. When it didn't happen for them, they should just take it in and make sure they do better next season. Also, fans should also sort of blame the CL rules too. If there was to be some sort of fairness, they'd allow a Chelsea v Spurs play off, imo.
They're already as pissed off as it gets, but to now see one of their 'own' act that way as if he's even happy about it is understandably frustrating.
He's just congratulating football mates. When we play football we do it all the time. That's fair play. What these fans did is the opposite. They acted like Saha dropped a crucial CL spot Spurs game to watch Chelsea's Final :P

Well who's fault is that? It's not because of Chelsea, it's because of them. They put themselves in that position. What do you expect Chelsea to do then bro? Lose the CL final for the Spurs fans? ;) Chelsea did their part as a football club and Spurs should've done just the same. When it didn't happen for them, they should just take it in and make sure they do better next season. Also, fans should also sort of blame the CL rules too. If there was to be some sort of fairness, they'd allow a Chelsea v Spurs play off, imo.

Okay you're totally misunderstanding me. I didn't mean to say it's Chelsea's fault somehow. This has nothing to do with Chelsea bro. It could've been any other team and Chelsea shouldn't give two craps about Spurs and they don't and that's how it should be. They did their part, Spurs didn't and that's why it is the way it is.

This is however between Tottenham fans and a Totteham player. That's all that matters. It's very dumb and unprofessional to do that on social media.

Congratulating your buddies as said already can easily be done via text, phone call, email and if anything it's more personal and heart-felt and appreciated. To do it where millions of gutted TOTTENHAM fans are reading instead (And he knows how tribal fans are, he's been playing in England his whole career almost), shows a lack of judgement to say the least!

I guess we'll just agree to disagree then :P

You have a point about the tribalism, but that's where my problem lies too. I'm not pro-tribalism and think fans should change that.

You're talking about changing the heart and soul of football there, Lami.

I guess some fans just don't "get it".

Spurs fans pissed with Saha on Twitter. :LOL:

5RNp5.png

Maybe its a sarcastic comment? You know, because of the stupid rule and Chelsea did it?

You're talking about changing the heart and soul of football there, Lami.

I guess some fans just don't "get it".

If that is the heart and soul of football, it's rather sad.

I wonder what would have happen (and these are imaginary examples) if some players would out themselves as fans of their rivals:

Rooney as a Liverpool fan
Carragher of Gerrard as Everton or Man Utd fans
RVP as Spurs fan

Iconic players who gave all for their teamn but despite that they turn out to be fans of the arch rivals...

Personally i don't see the problem. If a player gives all on the pitch what is wrong with saying you don't care about a rivalry. I'm waiting for A Newcastle icon saying he doesn't care about the match against Sunderland, that it is just a match like any other.

Some fans would prefer their club to win the two matches against their rivals and loosing all the other ones. Imagine Liverpool winning both matches against Man Utd, facing relagation and Man Utd being champions. Some fans would be glad because of those 2 wins (the same goes the other way round and with other clubs).

Saying that Saha did a stupid thing...i don't understand that. Those fans are big twats.

It comes with the territory of being a football fan of a specific club.

Yes, it's silly but rivalries are one of the most engaging aspects of the soap opera that is football.

And just like most soap operas, you shouldn't take it too seriously.

What YG and Abou said. We're not talking about tribalism or football rivalries here, Gerd.

Even though Spurs and Chelsea are London rivals, this isn't even about that. This is about lacking COMMON Sense and logic.

What he did was simply wrong and tactless and without thought because had he thought about it for 2 mins before writing that, he could see how this can possibly do a lot more DAMAGE than good.

Again, I don't see what the problem in calling your buddies to congratulate them is. That's how it's always been done and it's much more meaningful to receive a personal call or email or text from someone than a general message on facebook/twitter where MILLIONS will read and 99% will dislike.

Let's not get emotional with rivalries and tribalism and etc. etc.

The FACTS are that he's A TOTTENHAM player (Under Contract), and saying something that you KNOW would piss off (whether rightly so or wrongly so doesn't matteR), almost EVERY Spurs fan that reads it. And who's reading Saha's twitter,? Mostly Spurs fans.

So again, this isn't about English fans' flaws which they have plenty of, this is about NOT thinking. This is about being childish and stupid and doing things in heat of the moment. Louis is a bright man but in that moment, he was stupid to say the least.

I actually thought this is a joke and an edited picture or something to be funny. I was shocked to hear it's REAL! :SHOCK:

Don't read anything into that latest link bebo, he signed a new contract twelve months ago that made him one of the top earners at the club.

I call BS.

The new contract may not be BS after all.

He'd be a great free signing for a decent club with other strikers. On his (rare) day, he's awesome. But you can't build a team around him.

Would be a great bet for West Ham, actually - for days when Carlton Cole isn't on form/ available.

Back
Top Bottom