Tottenham Thread

And speaking about Spurs and overhyped, Redknapp is massively overhyped...

It seems to unanimous on this board. Arry is overrated and I never understand why (good press perhaps?).

Tbh, I would love to see Brendan Rodgers coaching this team. He has done a terrific job at Swansea City with limited resources at his disposal. I guess he would be great for a club like Tottenham. Just saying.

Also, I don't think the FA have helped in the slightest with the scheduling of the fixtures. Would it have hurt them to allow the Norwich game to be played on Tuesday on Wednesday? Make a long trip to the north-east to play Sunderland, return and less than 48 hours later, another game to play.

All of our rivals in the race for 3rd/4th have had less gruelling schedules and I believe that contributed to the loss. Some of the players looked tired while others can't be trusted in the league for 90mins (Livermore, Defoe, Nelsen, Saha and even Ledley!)

I know Defoe scored but now I understand why he doesn't start games, largely anonymous. Watch him leave and do well for another club. Ledley King is looking like his time is up.

I agree with comments Mohammed Al-Fayed made regarding the PL being in a 'coma' and needing to wake up from all this. Is it any wonder the national team struggles every tournament. A winter break is a must!

Last edited:
Indeed he is, it'll be a disaster for him if he takes the England job.

He's well liked at the minute (no idea why) by the majority of the English public and they want him to take it.

If he does and we play terribly because we haven't got a decent squad unlike Spurs and 'arry's tacical deficiencies get found out by anyone remotely capable then he'll be hated and booed out of the job.

Might as well stay at Spurs and keep his reputation intact.

I disagree, he'll just blame Capello for the Euro's which he'd get away with IMO but then would feel more pressure going into the WC Qualifiers.

The manager says we were too open when he changed it to 4-4-2... I don't understand how someone can acknowledge that something is wrong but continue to relapse and make the same stupid mistakes again and again.

Who are these people that convince him that when in doubt 4-4-2 is the answer?!

Does he have voices in his head?

Taking off VDV for Defoe was once again a stupid decision, how many times did he touch the ball in twenty minutes?

The scoreline was harsh but when the third went in I knew they'd score more, it's the Tottenham way.

VDV was good in the first half, but invisible in the second.
That said, IMO Defoe is not good enough for a club who wants to end in the top 4.

Gallas was pathetic, Spurs need some decent CB's, King is good but due to his injuries he is a liability. Yesterday's back four simply was not good enough...IMO all 4 should be replaced. Walker is still young and i've seen him do good things, but yesterday he had a bad match.

Spurs have good players, but something is missing...i've no idea what...but there is something wrong with the 6 most offensive players too...they are all individually very, very good, but maye it's the chemistry that isn't there...

I agree with you Tobi that once we reverted to 4-4-2, we would concede more and we did.

But in games against Chelsea, we've fallen into that 'small club' category where decisions have gone against us (the 'goal' yesterday, Adebayor scoring an onside goal at WHL in December given offside & last season at Stamford Bridge when they scored 2 goals that clearly were not given.) If officials are giving decisions against us, what chance do we have?

If we don't finish in the top 4 given the season we have had, it will be unforgivable and the manager has to go.

Tactically, HR hasn't got a clue. It seems when we are up against it, he makes the same change - Defoe for VDV.

But referees are costing us as well. Martin Atkinson yesterday, Chris Foy against Stoke. We are NOT a big club!

IMO the ref was no excuse for yesterdays's defeat.
I know the goal should not have been given, but Spurs came back 2-1...Chelsea deserved their win.

I think Spurs will edge it . This is a big ask for castle to cope with.Spurs should respect Europa and go for the win, instead of treated it like inconvenience.In which vdv was upset by the way the club approached the games.

KYLE WALKER WINS PFA AWARD

Kyle Walker has been named PFA Young Player of the Year.

The full-back lifted the prestigious award at the Professional Footballers' Association's (PFA) awards night in London on Sunday.

Kyle, 21, has enjoyed an outstanding season in his right-back role.

He has started 33 of our 34 games so far in the Premier League and featured in 41 of our 48 matches in all competitions this term.

He scored a spectacular first goal for us to win the North London derby against Arsenal in October and then earned his first two full England caps against Spain and Sweden in November.

"I was a bit surprised because defenders don't normally get these awards and get the limelight as much as the centre-forwards," he said.

"It is always an honour to be selected by the people you play against and hopefully I can get a few more of these and some medals with Tottenham along the way."

Meanwhile, Kyle, Gareth Bale and Scott Parker were all named in the PFA's Premier League Team of the Year.

Robin van Persie won the main PFA Player of the Year award.

PFA Premier League Team of the Year - Hart (City); WALKER (SPURS), Kompany (City), Coloccini (Newcastle), Baines (Everton); Silva (City), PARKER (SPURS), Yaya Toure (City), BALE (SPURS); van Persie (Arsenal), Wayne Rooney (United).

Congratulations Kyle :APPLAUD:

Congrats Kyle!

Love this guy! He's gonna get better and better too and might just be England's Ashley Cole on the right side over the next 6-7 years.

To be honest the only guys who probably deserved a shout were Carrick and Valencia but I can understand Silva and Toure both being in their BUT! my problem is just how silly some are like Bale and Parker :LOL: What more can you say really?

Spot on youngGun ridic....parker will be there too next season. Like Lennon going to Euros !I had a laugh walker beats kun lol

Bebo, personally i wonder why Oxlade Chamberlain was on that list. He played some terrific matches, but started only in a handfull...he seems a big talent, but hasn't shown enough.

For me Walcott should have been on the short list for young player, he had his best season so far and without being spectacularly good he had a consistent season for a relatively young player.

I agree about Kun, he deserved it more than Kyle Walker.

As for United Bedachryan, if they win, it will have been a collective victory. That is also why i think these individual titles are basically bullshit (although i love to discuss them).

As for United Bedachryan, if they win, it will have been a collective victory. That is also why i think these individual titles are basically bullshit (although i love to discuss them).

It's partly that, but it's also partly that people forget when players are consistently good. The most consistent (across 35 games) midfielder in the country this year is Michael Carrick, but he won't be near anyone's top player list. Because:

a. He's not new to the league
b. He's not playing for a 'surprise' club
c. He hasn't crashed a car/ shot someone with an air gun/ etc

Silva was awesome for about 50% of the season, but disappeared for a large chunk too. Parker has been mediocre since November. Tiote is a good player, and deserves it.

As a United fan I don't mind at all. It's just kind of funny - the last team we had 4 players in the team of the year was the only year in the last 4 we didn't win the league ;)

Anyway, on a Spurs related topic, what the hell is going on?

Bebo, personally i wonder why Oxlade Chamberlain was on that list. He played some terrific matches, but started only in a handfull...he seems a big talent, but hasn't shown enough.

For me Walcott should have been on the short list for young player, he had his best season so far and without being spectacularly good he had a consistent season for a relatively young player.

I agree about Kun, he deserved it more than Kyle Walker.

This is strange I agree n disagree....AOC has shown moments of brilliance ,but he never played a whole match to my memory. So he deserves nothing imo.
Theo has improved but inconsistent (runs/passes). He only improved on his finishing. So he deserve nothing imo. I do wonder why young English players are so hype...Theo 16yrs. WC n AOC on the list ?

At least Walker at the time was doing the business even scored a screamer in the NLD. We have to take into account the votes happened in January Spurs were destine for 3rd so many things has changed .They should vote 30 days before announcing. At least beachryan wouldn`t be crying in every thread about no mutd players mention :LOL: (*jk)

Parker is one of the most overrated players I have ever seen play!

That is big bollocks my friend. Finally Parker gets the credit he deserves. IMO he has been one of the most underrated players i have ever seen...
Parker is one of those player who makes other players better. You don't notice him that much, but when he isn't there the team collapses (this is an assist of course, with him Spurs are collapsing too, but that has nothing to see with Parker, that is Harry and the fact that he uses his key players too much...).

I'm completely with you Gerd.

Cmon PLF! I think he's a good player and he did have a somewhat OK season but nothing stand out especially with that logic someone like Michael Carrick gets shitted on and overlooked has been MAGNIFICENT for months and vital to Uniteds run of form and no mention of him.

I think Parker fits the description you gave Gary Neville in the PL Thread to perfection actually.

Yeah Gary Neville just like Parker was a solid, consistent and often under-rated player but not spectacular.

As for Carrick, that's the problem, people don't rate him enough and he gets 'shitted' on when he's a great passer and a composed experienced midfielder. People are too hard on him and Parker giving neither enough credit. That's the way I see it.

Gareth Barry also was a VERY Useful player especially in Villa days and also very versatile. The guy did a lot of different things and played well as LB, LM and central midfield which later became his main position.

But for me Parker >>> Barry anyway and I don't think Gareth is anywhere as bad as people say either. He's another one harshly treated. But he's not the player he was a few years ago. He's definitely past his peak now.

Carrick is also a massively underrated player, i agree with that.
I've never said that Parker is a better player than Carrick, i rate both of them high.
The only difference (but i could be wrong) is that Parker has leadership qualities.

And i fully realize that players like Parker and Bale are overhyped. But it is not because a player is overhyped that he is not very good. Something similarly is happening now with Danny Wellbeck. He is a very good young player and the fact that he plays more than Berbatov and Chicharito says it all. But he is also overhyped.

Most English people don't realize this, but overhyping is Englands national sport. You only have to look at the music industry and the way magazines like NME are creating a hype every month.

That is big bollocks my friend. Finally Parker gets the credit he deserves. IMO he has been one of the most underrated players i have ever seen...
Parker is one of those player who makes other players better. You don't notice him that much, but when he isn't there the team collapses (this is an assist of course, with him Spurs are collapsing too, but that has nothing to see with Parker, that is Harry and the fact that he uses his key players too much...).

Sorry Gerd. I can't agree about Parker. What does he do? He breaks play up and gives simple passes. Nothing wrong with that at all but all the hype he has had is ridiculous.
Carrick offers more than him IMO. Not that I care how England get on but how he's picked before Carrick is beyond me. Carrick is a decent player. Creates and breaks up play too. He doesn't run around as much as Parker though and the Brits love a dogger. Parker is decent at best.

Obviously i don't agree on Parker, but i do agree with you about Carrick.
It is beyond me that somebody with his passing ability (which is better than Parker's) hasn't played more for England (on the other hand yesterday and in the home leg Frank Lampard once again gave proof of the fact that he still can give fantastic passes...).

My favourite 'stat' pushed out on Football Weekly Extrrrrrrraaaa this week:

Since Terry Connor took over Wolves, he has won 2 points
In that time Harry has won 3.

Mental.

My favourite 'stat' pushed out on Football Weekly Extrrrrrrraaaa this week:

Since Terry Connor took over Wolves, he has won 2 points
In that time Harry has won 3.

Mental.

Hey don't spoil this weeks Football Weekly Extraaaaaa for me, just about to listen to it now (love AC Jimbo's puns and occasional references to producer Ben, Barry Glendenning is also hilarious!)

On a serious note, if we don't beat Blackburn at home on Sunday, the FA should just take Harry immediately:BYE:

However, I still believe, beat Blackburn and hope Wigan deny Newcastle and Chelsea field a weakened team vs QPR knowing they have the cup finals and Newcastle in midweek.

Finally, COME ON BAYERN!!!

Back
Top Bottom