Tottenham Thread

But for me the way in which he flicks his leg back at that angle and in that manner, just doesn't look like a natural way you would try and find your footing while falling?

Also the way he fell afterwards was also weird as I think after he stamped on him he could have stayed on his feet?

This leads me to think he meant to stamp on him (Maybe not his face) but to some extent.

That is just my opinion though and I can see why people think differently.

good post, Bobby. I really wanted to mention this bolded bit, because we know Balotelli to be the kind of person to lash out like that.

- I don't want to see such negativity again, on the flip side, excellent defensive display.

- Liverpool couldn't take advantage against a weakened team and didn't create any clear cut opportunities.

- Bale needs to man up and stop diving.

- Kyle Walker's close control/dribbling is showing no signs of improvement.

- Luka is a ball magnet, Livermore and Niko were tidy tonight and Parker read the game well.

- Dalglish needs to be move on, has he always been this petulant?

Tottenham has a great team definetly, best players were in midfield..Parker with Modric are up there with best in league in midfield..

Walker realy has potential to be england top right back.. King was realy good tonight as well... Liverpool had difficult time to break the defence...

- I don't want to see such negativity again, on the flip side, excellent defensive display.

- Liverpool couldn't take advantage against a weakened team and didn't create any clear cut opportunities.

- Bale needs to man up and stop diving.

- Kyle Walker's close control/dribbling is showing no signs of improvement.

- Luka is a ball magnet, Livermore and Niko were tidy tonight and Parker read the game well.

- Dalglish needs to be move on, has he always been this petulant?

Agree with all of this. Few other things:

Adebayor was too isolated, and looked as though he forgot how to control a ball. Was odd.

Didn't Spurs sell Krancjar in the window? So confused, remember thinking I was so pleased he was going to finally get games somewhere.

Liverpool seem to have an uncanny ability to drag any team into tense, bad-tempered mediocrity. They've done it against City, United, Arsenal and now Spurs. I'm not sure if it's because they flood the midfield with 'hard working' players that close down a lot, or if it's the sheer number of fouls they're allowed to commit (which are often not given) but they've become the great 'reducers' of talent in my opinion. Horrid to watch.

Bale is almost awesome. But not quite yet.

PArker is a f'n BEAST!! This guy can't get enough praise!

NON-stop running, closing down opponents, sheer will power, determination, great leadership, the man is soon becoming my idol!

@Ryan, I think you may be mistaking Niko with Pav? Roman Pavlyuchenko finally left Spurs to get proper playing time at Lokomotiv. Good striker who actually had best striking record for number of matches/mins played/Goals scored among Spurs Strikers past few years and one of the better ones in the league actually. But Redknapp never liked him, so it was time to leave.

Niko is a great player too and often wasted. Wouldn't be surprised if he moves on at some stage.

Anyway, Tottenham lacked creativity themselves tonight but missing VdV and Lennon, you could understand why they're not at their best.

King and Dawson were awesome in the middle and Friedel is SO reliable! God bless this guy!

I'd be very proud to have Parker captain England actually, he's probably the kind of person we need for the role, he's 100% committed in every game and he's seemingly a genuine role model.

Don't think his body can handle that much footy tbh if he doesnt rest he wont have the strength to carry through the summer he innit a spring chicken u know.

Only thing that worries me with Parker is that refs from other countries might be inclined to send him off. He does lunge a bit, which is great and fine and he very rarely (if ever?) hurts anyone, but I've seen loads of examples of continental refs going a bit overboard and carding those neanderthal English types.

Yeah he does seem to lunge in quite a bit. I was bricking it after he got that yellow for bringing down Gerrard. You know with Scotty Parker, he's going to continue to make challenges, yellow card or not.

As far as captain goes, I hope he is given the armband for the short-term until at least after the Euros and the new manager comes in as I believe Parker is a mainstay of the current England team (MOTM vs Spain). I don't think he should get it long-term though.

In all honesty, I hope Parker announces his international retirement after the Euros so he can give his all to Spurs!

I wouldn't worry about him. How many times has he been sent off in his career? Go look at his record. It's awesome! He's a fair hard working player and extremely disciplined so I personally think he DOES take it easier when he's on a yellow.

Continental refs can be more strict but I wouldn't worry about it. Most of his tackles are fair and he's more about closing people down with great determination even in the 90th minute than lunging in, in my opinion anyway.

As for captaincy, yeah for me he should be captain. Gerrard would be #1 and Scotty #2 but given the fact that Stevie has had so little time on the pitch even for his club side, will he be in the starting 11? If so, give him the armband. If not, no one better to lead the side out and no one is a better example of what a captain should be like on and off the pitch and in terms of attitude and commitment than Mr. Parker.

Two links about this by the way on SkySports:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/7494698/Parker-a-ready-made-captain

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11979/7493847/Arise-captain-Scott

Adebayor's crazy! Tottenham 3 Newcastle 0, Adebayor 3 assists. 11 in total.

Edit: 4th assist has come too. Now, this is PWNAGE.

Last edited:
Excellent performance, complete domination.

Return to form for Adebayor, he was awesome.

Loved the 4-2-2-2 formation too, hope to see more of it.

Spurs are so chock full of quality at the moment. Wonderful to watch. Really looking forward to the game at White Hart Lane (against United) in a few weeks.

Happy for Saha too. When fit and on his day he is absolutely unplayable. Always seemed a solid guy too.

I wonder if Spurs will be able to afford Adebayor. He seems to love it there, and surely City want him off the wage bill.

The big test will be this summer. When Redknapp leaves I wonder if some of the big players will stay. If Levy can swing Mourinho..well. If anyone could do it, it would be Levy. Astute to say the least.

I think Spurs will need to decide if their happy with their current success or if you want to break their wage structure and be bold and try to legitimize themselves as a "Top side", their's probably not a better chance than now with Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea lagging behind but its a massive risk if it were to fail.

I think Spurs have good pieces right now and they should build around those pieces they currently have. Honestly, I don't see any need or any urgency in make a major change, they just need to keep the likes of Modric, Bale and VdV and sign Adebayor for long term. If not Adeba, then go for Leandro Damião, good player who certainly won't break their wage structure. Still not sure if Arry is the right man to wheel the ship.

Apparently Inter keep upping the price for Damiao.

FF reporting Hazard to Spurs, I heard about it on SC a few days before the January window closed. Scary thought (in a good way).

It's all over the Belgian press, Hazard to Spurs if Spurs qualifies for the CL.
Spurs would have an agreement with Hazard but not with Lille (at the moment).

That would be awesome, but no too much expectation from him in his first season...

Regular first team football, CL, a good fit playing style wise and Niko Krancjar.

Because he is a clever player and wants to go one step at a time. I think he might have learned a thing or two from what happened to Romelu Lukaku. Lukaku choose for the club of his dreams and virtually never can play (now and then 10 minutes when Chelsea are chasing a draw or a win, can't be called decent play time).

This also proves that Spurs are becoming an attractive side for promising players.

That said i have also my doubts.

Is Hazard garantueed a first team place in the current Spurs side? In whose place would he play? Van Der Vaart? Saha? Will he be the next Steven Pienaar, Pavelyuchenko or Darren Bent? All good players but completely ignored by Redknapp.

Beside this, as much as i would welcome this (my favourite player, playing for my favourite club), i don't really believe it. Hazard has two dream clubs: Real Madrid and....Arsenal. Approximately a year and a half ago i bumpted into his father...a bloke with who i played football for a couple of seasons a long time ago and who turned out to be the father of Hazard.
We had a talk and when it transpired that his son was Eden Hazard we talked about his future. At that moment it seemed clear that Eden would go first to Arsenal and then (if he would succeed) to Real Madrid. Now of course we Belgians don't care about those stupid rivalries between English clubs (i'm a Spurs fan, but i admire Arsenal under Wenger).So it could be that Hazard doesn't mind at all, which honestly is the sensible thing to do.

Will Lille deal with them after the Park episode?

Also he'd take Lennon's place in the team.

Because he is a clever player and wants to go one step at a time. I think he might have learned a thing or two from what happened to Romelu Lukaku. Lukaku choose for the club of his dreams and virtually never can play (now and then 10 minutes when Chelsea are chasing a draw or a win, can't be called decent play time).

This also proves that Spurs are becoming an attractive side for promising players.

That said i have also my doubts.

Is Hazard garantueed a first team place in the current Spurs side? In whose place would he play? Van Der Vaart? Saha? Will he be the next Steven Pienaar, Pavelyuchenko or Darren Bent? All good players but completely ignored by Redknapp.

Beside this, as much as i would welcome this (my favourite player, playing for my favourite club), i don't really believe it. Hazard has two dream clubs: Real Madrid and....Arsenal. Approximately a year and a half ago i bumpted into his father...a bloke with who i played football for a couple of seasons a long time ago and who turned out to be the father of Hazard.
We had a talk and when it transpired that his son was Eden Hazard we talked about his future. At that moment it seemed clear that Eden would go first to Arsenal and then (if he would succeed) to Real Madrid. Now of course we Belgians don't care about those stupid rivalries between English clubs (i'm a Spurs fan, but i admire Arsenal under Wenger).So it could be that Hazard doesn't mind at all, which honestly is the sensible thing to do.

I think Spurs are going to sell Modric/Bale and take Hazard in.

Adebayor 1+4, amazing game!

Regular first team football, CL, a good fit playing style wise and Niko Krancjar.

What about arsenal? they can offer him exact same thing(so long as we finish top 4) plus what if Harry leaves you lot?

if we hand 30m for him and spurs did the same, he wont say no to arsenal IMO.

Last edited:
I don't think Lille will do business with you lot given the way you hijacked the Park deal.

Back
Top Bottom