Tottenham Thread

We really don't deserve a CL spot, the way we've been playing defense lately. We collapsed like a house of cards with the Arsenal loss, and even though we've not played abysmal the results are truly abysmal.

The sad part is that if we don't get in CL money, we're back in the middle of the table faster than you can say Tottenham. We would have to sell, and replace with mediocre players...

So, please City kill Newcastle, Arsenal must lose the last two, or alternatively Chelsea must lose against Bayern (which is quite likely).

But in all honesty, neither Fulham, Bolton or Villa looks like pushovers for Spurs at the moment :(

good season, I was worried there for a minute. I really hope Spurs get to stay in 4th. One sugar daddy is enough and will be interesting who will the Spurs bring in. How funny is this....Mod wanted to go to Chels , He may want to send Levy flowers. (of course let`s wait until after the CL Final is played)

I will hold on to my congrats until next weekend . By the way... off topic! How many in here will pay to the charity of Jack`s choosing...no need to answer. For the neutrals, Jack made a bet £3k to a charity if Arsenal finish on top, at the time Spurs were 9pts ahead going to 13pts . Even Wenger commented , at the time he thought well its for charity everyone wins.

“If people start getting carried away with Tottenham should be doing then they want a reality check.”

Idiot, get a more ambitious manager in.

Martin Fulop via TSO

octE4.gif

Last edited:
This is the stupidest rule ever. The fact is, Tottenham Hotspur get the job done grabbing the 4th spot, a CL spot, and now they are out because a team from their country won the competition. It is strange having Tottenham's fate out of their own hands when in fact they managed to get that 4th place. So, what's the problem in having 5 English in CL? This season we had 6 Brazilian teams playing Copa Libertadores...

Idiot, get a more ambitious manager in.

Martin Fulop via TSO

http://i.imgur.com/octE4.gif

You gotta love that gif! :LOL:

Yeah I agree. It's really strange and unfair.

Especially when you consider that it takes 38 long games for Tottenham to finish 2 places above Chelsea and with more points and the incredibly lucky circumstances Chelsea beat Barca and Bayern in to win the final. Let them have the trophy and celebrate but to PUNISH the 4th place team for it is just cruel.

It's unfair but no way 5 teams from the same country should make it. It's too much.

I'm not bothered about the rule, we only have ourselves to blame.

Redknapp's time is up.

But wasn't he doing good for you guys until he sort of lost concentration because of the England spot?

Since that's out of the way now then hopefully next season you guys'll do well.

It's sad for Spurs but they could and should easily have made 3rd, they were so many points clear of 4th when they played City away then Utd at home, even after that they were many points ahead of Arsenal before going to the Emirates, they should have had third wrapped up. There is always a risk with this 4th place, it nearly happened to Spurs a few seasons ago, also with Everton in 2005 (after that they cleared up the ruling and said no more 5 teams from 1 country), even in 4th you can have a very difficult qualification play off (Malaga, Udinese, Gladbach, Lille) so Redknapp should have pushed them a lot more for 3rd and not aimed simply for top 4.

Spurs were in pole position for third place and had by far the easiest matches at the end of the season. They knew the rule and threw it all away themselves. I'm a Spurs fan, and it is a stupid rule, but Spurs have to blame themselves...

Absolutely agree, we can't rely on others, we should really have finished 3rd but constantly gave up the chance to do so.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see an exodus of players. In the best case scenario, I only see Modric leaving and no Adebayor of course.

Its murder being a Spurs fan, we'll be pessimists forever.

Can't see Vertonghen joining a club in the Europa League (even though he's admitted to being a Spurs fan and said he would like to join regardless.)

Although I do hope we can get a good midfielder to replace Modric (personally, would like to see Dembele) and a good striker, although don't know who we can attract without UCL.

Last edited:
I don't agree at all, i think it's rather fair-play of Saha. These fans are the idiots for me.
I'm also a Spurs fan (most people will not think i'm a 'real' fan because i love Arsenal and because of my reaction about this, but i couldn't care less), but like i said a couple of posts above this one: Chelsea are not to blame, Drogba is not to blame, Spurs haver only to blame themselves. I see nothing wrong with what Saha has done, i never particularly liked him but i actually agree with him here.

Read all those tweets again and who is the wanker and the tosser? Certainly not Saha.

Oh and about Saha, i wonder why Redknapp bought him. If i remember well, Redknapp used him once (against Newcastle and he did splendidly) and then never bothered again. I see a pattern there: Pavelyuchenko, Pienaar and now Saha. All pretty fine players, but worthless for Spurs because of Arry...

I don't see anything funny with this at all. What's wrong with congratulating other teams/players now? I bet if Spurs were 3rd place they would've thought Saha's comment was class. They should only blame their team for failing 3rd place. Frigging ignorant supporters these days.

if saha wanted to congratulate his mate, text him or something, dont post on twitter where all your fans are following you. spurs fans there have every right to be kickin' off. i think saha already knows he aint wanted at spurs and is on his way out, cos he wont of wrote this otherwise.

Wilshire got abused too! For sending congrats to chelsea players. Itx the nature of the beast brad the gk was commentating post n pre match wearing munich scarf but even he congradulated chelsea on live tv!!!!

I don't see anything funny with this at all. What's wrong with congratulating other teams/players now? I bet if Spurs were 3rd place they would've thought Saha's comment was class.

They probably would but do you see the difference?

They finished 4th instead and so because of Chelsea will now be playing Europa League! They're already as pissed off as it gets, but to now see one of their 'own' act that way as if he's even happy about it is understandably frustrating.

if saha wanted to congratulate his mate, text him or something, dont post on twitter where all your fans are following you. spurs fans there have every right to be kickin' off. i think saha already knows he aint wanted at spurs and is on his way out, cos he wont of wrote this otherwise.

Exactly.

I don't support any team and don't like the whole overly 'tribal' nature of football either. But this is retarded and unacceptable.

You want to congratulate your buddies, you call them up, you text them, you email them, you don't do it on social media that millions read when you're playing for rival team.

Saha isn't an idiot but he surely acted like one in that moment.

I thought it was even a joke or edited when I saw it first! I couldn't believe he could be that dumb!

He uses "bravo" expression a lot of times which may suggest he is extremely happy for his mates. He could have used "congratulations" instead which is a more formal approach imo.

Back
Top Bottom