Tottenham Thread

Chris Foy, what to say, I don't think I've ever been as angry as I was during that game against Stoke, what a joke he was. And that Adebayor-goal, he's two yards onside, how they could judge that to be offside is beyond me.

Anyways, nice to see some of the youngsters get on the score sheet yesterday, very nice goal from Andros Townsend, who I think can be a real threat some day, shows a lot of promise. Nice that Kane got one too, and Pienaar obviously, although I can see him leaving in January (I'm guessing back to Everton).

Hope we'll bounce back against Sunderland on Sunday, will be tough against a Martin O'Neill side on their way up! COYS! :D

I completely forgot about Pienaar...he is a very good player...
As for Chris Foy, do you never make mistakes? A bad day at the office. And Spurs were bad in the first half, the loss was not only due to the ref...

beautiful game to watch vs Chelsea today... wow spurs are really playing good football quick tireless football. I was olmost sad they didnt finish their chances to win today.

I was disappointed, replacing VDV with Pav instead of Niko handed Chelski the keys to the game.

VDV and Luka have never and will never work on the right of a four man midfield, he never learns from his mistakes.

Sandro was excellent again though and Parker needs a rest.

Another winger is needed and they better not leave it till January 31st.

beautiful game to watch vs Chelsea today... wow spurs are really playing good football quick tireless football. I was olmost sad they didnt finish their chances to win today.

Until the equaliser Spurs were great, but afterwards IMO this was one of their lesser matches this season...why not play Pienaar instead of Lennon?

I'd also like to see Niko instead of Pav yesterday, but it wasn't to be. Too bad about some of the refs decisions (Cole's hand ball and Adebayor's disallowed goal where he was on side), but I think a draw was a fair result. We could've easily gone down 2-1 with some of Chelsea's chances in the second half (Ramires and Romeu had one huge each). 3rd at x-mas, I'm happy with that, but not happy with how we played in the second half. Sandro was excellent though, man of the match for me.

i can understand the ref's decision about Cole's handball...the ball just touched him and made a lucky bounce (well at least for Chelsea), Cole did not guide the ball...IMO that is never a hands ball.

Harry really lack tactical descision tough... I dont know why he moved van der vaart out while putting pav... at halftime, very bad move.

You never know what a guy like van der vaart can do atleast make him play 60 min... I dont think Niko would been a good fit...spur dominated midfield IMO, modric controlling the pace...while sandro and parker destroying the oppositon, I think it was fine. i think if they moved van der vaart to a SS role they would have won the game.

Terry was the difference ! that save was immense , ball was on it`s way :JAY:

Ade said for Spurs fans " I will get you 4th, but no promises I will stay I won`t lie" So, If no one come in for me than I`ll join you lots.

Was really unimpressed with Pavlychenko when he came on. Pretty anonymous. Ade managed to put himself about still, but Roman did sweet f*ck all.

I never want to give him credit, but gotta say - the first XI Harry has assembled is just as good as Chelsea's first XI. First time in a very long time that's been the case, and while he has spent a lot, he hasn't spend THAT much.

It saddens me tbh. If not for City's influx of cash, I could genuinely see Spurs fighting for the title. As it stands, I don't think they'll be close (but will be right there alongside United, Chelsea and Arsenal).

Gotta say that was a terrible performance from PAvlyuchenko! Worst I've ever seen him play. He didn't do ANYTHING and when he did get the ball which wasn't often, he'd either miscontrol it or give the ball to opposition through a bad pass.

That sub really hurt the team! Poor Roman seems totally out of confidence! He was doing the most basic things wrong. Usually I like him but this was a horrid performance!

He's been bad all season when he's played, his heart's not in it.

Hopefully we can get a good result at Carrow Road tomorrow. Who knows, by the end of the day, both North London sides in the top four. I actually hope Chelsea don't make the top four rather than the Woolwich.

Massive opportunity for us to close in on Manchester sides IF we can win our games in hand.

Still don't fancy us for the title though, we need more cover at the back and backup for Bale and Lennon and another striker (although not sure why 'Arry doesn't give the likes of Townsend, Niko and Gio a chance). Still don't understand why we signed Pienaar.

'Arry is apparently looking to sign a 'special' player in January.

COYS!

I've watched the game yesterday. Until the first goal (an individual effort by Lennon) Spurs did not impress me much...their game wasn't as fluent as a couple of weeks ago. After that goal everything went a litle better, by i have seen them play much better this season. Of course with Parker they miss perhaps their most important player (although Livermore played pretty well).

As a Spurs fan, i obviously want them to go all the way and catch the title, but i'm afraid that they will choke somewhere along the route...both matches against the Manchester teams will be important, but not necessary decisive...

I believe.

Man City are in the same boat as us.

Im impress how spurs took advantage of the season its not like they're play on so many fronts think only FACup is the other competition their playing. ADE COULD OF SCORED A FEW BUT HE SEEMS TO BE FADING AWAY. STILL they look certain to be in the top 4 next season.

His finishing is so hit and miss, he misses so many chances and has caught the offside bug from JD and taken it to another level.

That said, he is awesome and his complete game has allowed the team to play a fluid game that i, Robot restricted us from doing.

Last edited:
The squad will be tested sooner or later so we'll see just how 'arry copes with that. their next 6 games are pretty difficult so if they stay in touch they could provide a massive shock

I would LOVE if Spurs won the league - and that's as a United fan. They are the only team in the top 3 that don't have any distractions left, which could be clutch. 'Arry more or less plays the same XI in the league, a rare privilege these days.

I could see them very quietly joining the top at some stage in Feb/ March - but I do wonder if they'll have enough in the tank to get over the finish line. Hope so, they often play great football, have some really likeable players (Parker/ Bale/ Dawson/ King) and despite being managed by 'Arry, I still have a soft spot for them.

There is one detail that could spoil it all: the trial against Redknapp that starts in a couple of weeks...this could turn out to be the spoiler...

Back
Top Bottom