Tottenham Thread

The best performance since Villa away last season.

And my response to your avatar is simple... my word.

Luka was fantastic yesterday...and yes Adebayor was great (Arsenal fans don't realize how much they miss him). Still, i'm not convinced by Defoe...

He can only play in a 4-4-2 and his link up play/awareness/first touch is not good enough.

He's very good, but Harry doesnt like him as he doesn't get on with Pav's agent. He tried to sell him to Sunderland last month, I think the deal fell through when Crouch left.

That and the fact that Roman apparently speaks like 3 words of English after all this time! :D

Hi, Bye and Hello or something. :LOL:

Anyway yah I like Pav a lot too and think he's been underused at Tottenham and it's Harry I blame for that. But the partnership with Adebayor isn't ideal in my opinion. Though different, both are tall men and neither as super quick. Defoe should partner Pav or Adebayor depending who's in form.... IF 2 strikers are to be used... of course sometimes right thing is to go with 1 guy up top which should be Roman or Emmanuel depending on form and attacking midfielders/wingers like Vdv/Lennon/Bale/Modric supporting them...

In his two games this season Pav has been awful, at least he's happy to be a squad player.

Currently in a penalty shootout against Stoke. Haven't won one since we beat Peterborough in the 93/94 season. :p 2-2 right now, 2 pens each to go. Damnit. Youngster Massimo Luongo missed our last one, and we lost 8-7 (!) on penalties. Damn.

Last edited:
not sure how but.... some reason wonder goals always seem to go your way atm. I think a draw would have been fair imo . Hopefully we get the luck at the Emirates. Good win ...most ppl want Spurs to win it , so good luck rest of the season.

Deserved win but Sandro should have started and shut you guys out from the start along with Parker (MOM).

They deserved the win, we had a team packed with rusty players.

Redknapp must be gutted.

Terrible referee decisions today against the spurs. 2 clear penalties anda disallowed goal to Adebayor that I thought it was totally legit. Plus the sending off of Kaboul (spelling?) didn't seem fair at all. A lot of bad luck. Although the first half was not so good, in the 2nd, there were times that spurs could have scored some goals and had the upper hand. The bad ref decisions helped Stoke to endure it.

Nah , Modric dove , shocking! Foy didn`t have a good day ,but at least we see refs giving wrong decision to everyone. Maybe, the case for video replay should come. I hate those long throw-ins such a cunty way to play. I hate when they score from those regardless who they play.

Arry said:
"I never complain about referees' decisions - I have not done it in 30 years of management, never. But today, I'm afraid, he got some badly wrong

next time be careful how you tell AVB he should stop moaning about refs :)) so much for the 30years :P

Luka went down easily but there was contact, the defenders reaction says it all.

First half we were rubbish, second half the change of formation worked, too bad the fucking idiot in the middle and his stupid assistant denied us the opportunity to get something from the game.

Shotton is cheating with that towel that is built into his kit and Stoke's brand of football is disgusting.

Looking forward to Sunderland next.

We have to blame ourselves, not the referee. It's true that he didn't exactly helped, but these things happen. This is a good test to see how the team will react. The old Spurs would have a streak of bad matches now...let's see if the "new" Spurs can turn it around.

About Stoke: i'm not a fan of their brand of football, but it's their good right to play it like that. IMO they are one of the most clever teams in the EPL. All credit to them.

Luka went down easily but there was contact, the defenders reaction says it all.

First half we were rubbish, second half the change of formation worked, too bad the fucking idiot in the middle and his stupid assistant denied us the opportunity to get something from the game.

Shotton is cheating with that towel that is built into his kit and Stoke's brand of football is disgusting.

Looking forward to Sunderland next.

some will argue they can add up 36 seconds longer for each thrown in equaling 4 min. more than the average team gets :JAY:

Fron the Guardian website ("Five things we learned this weekend").

In a way Barcelona and Stoke City are very similar: not just because they wear striped shirts but because when Plan A is not working both sides have a solution: Plan A. Of course, for Barcelona, that means even more tiki, even more taka and giving it to Lionel Messi, while for Stoke that means getting as many throw-ins as possible, hitting it into the channels and giving it to Matthew Etherington, which admittedly is not quite the same. Still, Tony Pulis deserves praise for not panicking when his side gets into a rut, which has happened at certain points over the past year, particularly during a dismal losing run earlier this season.
The win over Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday was classic Stoke, their goals scored due to the visitors' defence being thoroughly incapable of dealing with an aerial bombardment in the first half, and it also featured Rory Delap's protégé making a name for himself. Ryan Shotton is not exactly Delap Mark II if his energetic display on the right flank is anything to go by but, given that one of his hefty throw-ins led to Etherington's second goal, it could be that Stoke are no longer so reliant on Delap, even if their approach remains dependent on a player of his nature.
It would be disingenuous for Stoke to claim they are anything other than a long-ball side, though their fans seem to relish how they rub people up the wrong way, chanting "2-1 to the rugby team" and singing Swing Low, Sweet Chariot against Spurs. At least they have a style. Much like the Pepsi challenge, if both sides were wearing red and white stripes, you would still know which one was Stoke. It is not great to watch and it looks crudely limited when it does not work, which is why neutrals can be so quick to criticise, but unlike a lot of managers Pulis has a philosophy and he is not going to change it now. Having Chris Foy referee their games each week wouldn't hurt either.

Gerd, they can blame themselves for the first half but not the second half.

We scored a legit goal and could have scored two more via penalties that weren't given.

There was a moment when Adebayor and Woody had a foot race, the ball clearly came off Woody but the ref gave a goal kick instead of a blatant corner. Adebayor's reaction (sitting on the ad board) summed up the kind of day it was.

I said this elsewhere re: Modric pen...

It's like a boxing fighter throwing a fight by going down with hardly any contact. If there was contact (and what I've seen still isn't clear*), it didn't warrant falling over! Game has gone soft. Sickens me tbh.

* I said what I've seen which is just a little gif... but still.

I'm gonna give a simplistich reaction: i they had played well the first half Spurs had won...
I know it doesn't work like that.

If this happens once, there is no harm done...in some cases it can even be good: this can create a feeling of higher complicity in the squad (us against them). I'm quite confident this is a mere blip...Spurs are too good at the moment IMO...

They are the most attractive team in the EPL this season (well since Parker and Adebayor came).

I said this elsewhere re: Modric pen...

It's like a boxing fighter throwing a fight by going down with hardly any contact. If there was contact (and what I've seen still isn't clear*), it didn't warrant falling over! Game has gone soft. Sickens me tbh.

* I said what I've seen which is just a little gif... but still.

saw the game mate and all the replays. diddnt see any contact mate. if there was, it was mimimal. like a brush on the shoulder. if modric falls over from that mimial contac, he must weigh less then a feather. wasnt it windy down the brittania stadium? surpised the wind diddnt blow modric into the air :TTTH:

Back
Top Bottom