Tottenham Thread

The arrogance that those idiots in West London are showing is insulting, its bad enough that they've tapped up our best player. To continue to use the media to do some of your dirty work is pathetic.

I'm still waiting for you apology Luka, I don't believe for one second that there is a gentlemans agreement. If there is one then you only have yourself to blame and you should sack your agent. That shit should be in black and white, don't sign a six year contract (£70k).

The so called big club that you dream of joining is so big that they have to advertise season tickets for the upcoming season on national radio.

Despite all this BS I'm not worried at all, I'm looking forward to the new season and challenging for the title with key positions being filled.

Also Kia Joorabchian should piss off.

------
They are whispers that we have bid for Lass Diarra, he'd be a suitable replacement for Wilson but I'd rather be more ambitious and do everything possible to sign Arturo Vidal.

Also whispers about Rossi, I remain confident in getting him, third time lucky.

Last edited:
Didn't Cheslea just put in a formal bid for him? That's not exactly tapping up.

That said, Luka should shut up and do his best for his measly £70k a week. If he wanted to leave to a 'big' club he shouldn't have signed such a long contract. And anyway, Chelsea are only big for as long as Abramovich is interested...

They enquired about him privately and were told he's not for sale, they then leaked their bid to the media. They knew the bid would be rejected.

His head's been turned, they were in for him last summer as well., he knows what's on offer over there. Kia Joorabchian is working on their behalf.

Wouldn't be surprised if most of the qoutes attributed to him are coming from Joorabchian or Luka's other advisor's. The 'interview' on the boat is just too good to be true.

Ironically, Mark Hughes is rumoured to be on a short list for when Arry leaves for England and Joorabchian is his agent. Hughes can forget about it.

As a Spurs fan, i think we should let Modric go and let him go quickly. If a player really wants to leave in the end he will leave (Berbatov is a good example).

I don't blame Luka. He was fantastic for Spurs and he deserves a bigger club and yes Chelsea is a bigger club.

They enquired about him privately and were told he's not for sale, they then leaked their bid to the media. They knew the bid would be rejected.

His head's been turned, they were in for him last summer as well., he knows what's on offer over there. Kia Joorabchian is working on their behalf.

Wouldn't be surprised if most of the qoutes attributed to him are coming from Joorabchian or Luka's other advisor's. The 'interview' on the boat is just too good to be true.

Ironically, Mark Hughes is rumoured to be on a short list for when Arry leaves for England and Joorabchian is his agent. Hughes can forget about it.

Ugh, despise Joorabchian. What a parasite of a human being.

Regardless, I actually think making a bid public is probably the most 'honourable' way of going about it tbh. At least you've stumped up some money. It's not like the typical tapping up 'I believe XXX is a top top player, he'd fit right into our squad. I'm going to talk to the chairman and see.'

Not that you'd ever hear anything like that coming out of Spurs mind ;)

Its hard to say tapping up with him in charge but it is what it is.

Looking forward to when the inevitable happens, no more Sky reporters camping outside our premises waiting for the inevitable quotes from the media friendly manager.

Honourable would mean doing your business in private and not pissing off the club that your trying to sign the player from. Especially when you have been caught in the past by said club of tapping up their staff.

Come on, what's all the big deal about. That is how a free market economy without regulation works. Chelsea propose more money, so Chelsea will win in the end.

Remember what Spurs did with Bale and Southampton???? That was worse than what Chelsea does now.

We just need to accpet that Chelsea are higher in the pecking order. We blew it last season...Luka got a taste of CL football and wants more, yet Spurs did not qualify...it's very logical that he want away. That is how football works...dog eat dog...99% of the time Spurs is the big club...in this cas they aren't so they loose...learn to accept because that is how things work.
It brakes my heart that Modric leaves, but Spurs have to blame themselves.

What happened with the Bale transfer? I know Southampton wrote off the future payments because they couldn't afford to pay for a player they signed from us (GK?). We only paid £5m in the end.

Regarding the other stuff, the, the management royally fucked up when we got CL, we all know it. For instance, chasing Luis Fabiano all summer when he was using us for a new deal from Sevilla, where is that idiot now?

At the end of the day Levy has backed himself into a corner by saying he won't be sold. If he does sell him no fan will ever trust him again.

Luka has little leverage, a transfer request won't change anything.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp dismayed by 'crazy' wages of players

Spurs have signed one senior player this summer – the 40-year-old goalkeeper Brad Friedel on a free transfer – and while funds have been made available for transfer fees,*the club's strict wage structure has held them back. Their £22m bid for the Valencia winger Juan Mata on Friday may only bear fruit if Spurs remain sole bidders. Redknapp joked: "We were interested in Sergio Agüero but he wanted £250,000 a week in wages. We were only £220,000 short."
:LMAO:

What's worse is that not only can City pay the extreme wages to their whole team, but they genuinely look good this year. Definite title contenders. And once they've won that...who knows. No other team will be able to compete in the transfer market.

And if the FFP gets too tricky, just ask cousin who owns XXX business in Abu Dhabi to donate a couple hundred million as part of the 'Elite Project' or whatever the surrounding community works are. Simples.

I'd love to see Levy's reaction to his managers latest pathetic attempt to distance himself from responsibility.

Who was it that identified Aguero as a target? How about you the manager identify realistic targets for a change.

He conveniently forgets that he played a big part in assembling our massive squad.

We can pay more than £70k pw but there is a limit as to how much the whole squad can be paid. It's not rocket science.

Bryan Ruiz: "Spurs are a great club. I'd say that the chance that I'll leave Twente is 50 per cent."

I think he would be great for Spurs. Good and versatile player, can play both as a winger or a second striker.

Ruiz would be awesome.
I also have a funny feeling that we'll see Berbatov come back in exchange for Modric...if Spurs have to loose Luka, then they could do worse than this.

It would be funny Gerd but I don't see him coming back to WHL. He will probably end in the "new rich" Paris Saint-Germain team.

Regarding Ruiz, as far as I know he is a leftie who usual plays at the right wing. Barely played as a second striker last season at Twente. Sky Sports understand that City is interested in Lennon so I see Bryan Ruiz going straight to the ring wing of Spurs' side. I see him more as inside forward than a winger though, he's better close to the goal, so Arry might use a 4-2-3-1 formation.

By the way, what the f*ck is going on in London? I've been following the news since yesterday but still can't understand what is behind those riots. As far as I know a policeman killed a young guy last weekend but it doesn't seem to me the real explanation for those events.

Last edited:
By the way, what the f*ck is going on in London? I've been following the news since yesterday but still can't understand what is behind those riots. As far as I know a policeman killed a young guy last weekend but it doesn't seem to me the real explanation for those events.

that's the excuse there using as far as i know but its way to far, a protest is one thing but they're taking the biscuit tin now

Ruiz would be awesome.
I also have a funny feeling that we'll see Berbatov come back in exchange for Modric...if Spurs have to loose Luka, then they could do worse than this.

that imo won´t happend, Ferguson knows Berbatov can get 20 goals a season... he basicly was the decisive factor in league winning season... they can´t play with Diouf, Wellbeck..and even Chicharito...

they don´t need Modirc as much as they need to keep Berbatov.

An excuse to loot has turned into a fucking disaster, their parents should be ashamed of themselves and I hope that the thugs themselves get dealt with accordingly.

Also the PM and Boris Johnson are a joke.

The thing is getting worse. I saw a building burning, oh God! And the Police looks like Arry, doesn't know how to set a decent tactic! :LOL: Seriously, I think English Police should have more power. Don't know if it is true or not but I recently read that Police are usually unarmed in the streets.

Last edited:
in Florida popo use rubber bullets and besides everyone carry guns here ,burning a shop is impossible unless a hurricane came through 1st .

Top stuff mate, good journalistic work. Unbelievable actually what is happening at London, I've never seen that before in the city of London to be honest, and according to latest reports the riots are spreading across the whole country. Some of the worst and sad events since the World War. Well, Cameron is back from holidays and I hope the authorities can stop these barbaric events.

Back on football, I've reading some Spurs foruns and apparently the guys are looking forward to Llorente from Bilbao. Since the very first time he appeared to me like the most realistic CF option. There's also a secret hope on Giuseppe Rossi but, unfortunately, I don't think he's coming to WHL any time soon. A 4-4-2 lineup with Llorente and Rossi in front would have made my Summer though. :)

I've never seen that before in the city of London to be honest, and according to latest reports the riots are spreading across the whole country. Some of the worst and sad events since the World War.

Hardly. It's just a bunch of mindless idiots with nothing better to do, they're so retarded that they're kicking seven shades of shit out of their own towns. I think London has seen a lot worse with the IRA and July 7th attacks to be fair.

It amazes me how our manager seemingly doesn't think before he talks. Gag order is needed Levy.

Idiot.

Wouldn't be surprised if Luka starts tonight.

I just wish the manager would shut up, take some responsibility and stop undermining the chairman.

A part of me wishes that his contract is null and void come November.

Back
Top Bottom