Tottenham Thread

Its out of character for Luka do this, his head has obviously been turned just like Berba and Keane before him.

Chelsea are going down the Real Madrid route of getting the player to go public because they hope it will make negotiations easier.

Harry tapping up players in the public domain is nothing new, no one has ever defended him and he'll continue to get away with it.

Like i said in other threads, as a Spurs fan it would break my heart to see Modric go, but i would not blame him...he should be ambitious and Chelsea is a step up for him. I think going to Chelsea would be the best thing for him frankly...

He has been a splendid player for Spurs, so nobody can blame him.

Always going to be a problem not qualifying for the champs league. At least they will have lots of money if he does go. But it sounds like he won't if Spurs have anything to do with it.

I see Giovani Dos Santos had an amazing game for Mexico in the Gold Cup final. He was one of the best players for Mexico at the last World Cup. If Modric does go you could do a lot worse than trying to play an attack with dos Santos advanced of Kranjcar. I'd go for something like this:

-------------Pav
-----------dos Santos
Pienaar-----Kranjcar-----Lennon
-------------Sandro

With Van Der Vaart maybe replacing Pienaar/Kranjcar if a more attacking formation was wanted. But I doubt Redknapp would consider this since he doesnt like Pavyluchkeno and Dos Santos.

If Modric was to leave then I'd want Ever Banega to replace him, closely followed by Santi Carzola.

That chip alone should get Gio some proper minutes, he can do no worse than the current bunch.

Taarabt has a 40% sell on clause in his contract, Levy ftw!

I wouldn`t get carried away w/ Dos Santos he`s always impress on the NT front. Not so much for Club just country. Spurs needs a target man up top "ADE" . He`ll go just to piss off The Mighty Arsenal !

He can add something different to the team, he's had some issues (turning up late, application etc) but there are others that are worse and still get picked ahead of him.

Someone like Vucinic would be nice but a half decent striker with actual movement would make a huge difference. Someone who understands the benefit of making a near post run. They don't even have to be quick.

Bale put many excellent balls into the box last season only for the forwards to not anticipate properly. Lennon flat out refuses to cross the ball if no one makes a run, especially the near post run.

I tell ya what you lots came very close ,enough for me to panic being over thrown by the neighbors. When players start talking about being on top I got a lil nervy then realise it was only Crouch talking. Spurs always do well vs the big teams ,but the lil weak ones pull the wool over you lots. Every season starts new and Arry needs to keep the same players and add 1 or 2 only imo stability is all that`s missing.

Imagine
Bale(LW)Agbonlahor(ST)Lennon(RW)
........... VDV(CAM)

Gabby? He's very mediocre in my opinion. He's got pace and that's about it. I think he personifies the word 'Mediocre' lol. Spurs need an improvement over their current strikers if anything. For me, Pav and Defoe are MILES better than Agbonlahor and even Crouch is more effective (though completely different of course) even though he gets a lot of stick from a lot of people.

Tottenham need a star striker, someone that will come in and be their best lethal man and take club forward but of course that's hard to attract when you haven't yet become a truly 'big' club. Someone like Aguero or Vucinic but I don't see either of those happening.

Only guy that is a realistic option is Forlan.

arry sticks to English though...Gabby had 1 real proper season I remember him 2 yrs ago he was pushing off Gallas w/ ease and do the business. He had it in him once just need to bring it out of him again. I rate his potential a small fee for his service to be practical . You can`t put names that won`t go to Spurs mainly for their wage demand. Even Arsenal is struggling to keep players for their wage demands .

I strongly agree with what Sina said but I reckon that it's going to be a tough task to bring a high profile player to WHL mainly because of the wages like you mentioned bebo. However, there's a player I quite admire that I've been talking for months in this thread that I think Spurs can grab him: His name is Fernando Llorente and plays for Athletic Bilbao.

Fernando Llorente would cost a fortunte though. Close to $30M. And I don't really see him necessarily wanting to swap his beloved Bilbao for Spurs to be honest, no offense. He would only wanna leave if it's to a huge club but of course $$ talks and if enough was offered, both the club and player despite being content would be willing to do business.

Didier Drogba might end up at WHL in my opinion though in near future. His Chelsea future is increasingly looking near its end and where better to go for his next club? He'll probably wanna stay in England and London if not go back to his beloved Marseille and though past his peak now, he's still a top marksman and someone Tottenham could get a couple useful years out of.

Depending on whether Kalou or Anelka leave or stay, I could see Drogba make way if not now in January after not getting enough playing time perhaps and his next destination could well be back to OM or to White Hart Lane.

So for me, Drogba and Forlan are probablyy the only realistic 'Top' strikers Tottenham can attract at this time. LLorente they would have an outside chance with as well if they really go for it financially! Other than that, not a whole lot of players that can improve the side and would be interested in the move.

I don't see any business between us and them given the Modric saga.

Vucinic, Rossi, Adebayor, Leandro, Forlan, Llorente - any two from that list and I'll be happy.

Is Lisandro Lopez available?

Depending on the forwards, I'd love to see a 4-3-3 with Luka, Sandro and VDV in the middle.

Leandro? who's that?

Yeah rest would be good though I'm not a fan of Adebayor. He'd be my last choice.

Vucinic would be amazing but I doubt he's coming. :( I would've loved to see him at WHL. Similarly Rossi isn't coming either so again I think Forlan is probably most realistic candidate and he really is past his best now. But like Drogba, still can be effective.

I'd rather see a younger CF, why not make Lukaku part of the Modric deal.
Chelsea wants Lukaku, but only wants him as 4th or 5th striker. Why not loan him out to Spurs.

That said i'm still not entirely convinced that Lukaku will live up to the hype. But i think Spurs should go for a younger CF rather than the Forlans or the Drogba's of this world...

Chelsea won't get Luka and if they did, the price will be heavily inflated thanks to the current market. Luka will also have to hand in a transfer request, which he won't do.

Wilson looks like he going to PSG for £14m, sad to see him to go if true, I'll be more upset if he's replaced with Parker, would much rather make a move for Arturo Vidal. I know he's been linked with Bayern and Napoli but Juve are in there too so that gives me hope.

Last edited:
Palacios for £14m!!! Ruddy hell, that's waaay too high imo.

Spurs need a striker first and foremost. Then hold on to what they have in terms of key players.

Lots of deadwood there though. Teams should know that, and not offer much for the likes of Keane etc.

Leandro? who's that?

I think I've found who's this Leandro that tobi mentioned. Today I was checking the Brazilian press and I found an article where it was said that Leandro Damião, Internacional de Porto Alegre player, has been negotiated with Tottenham Hotspur and few other East teams. It gotta be that Leandro for sure!

I think I've found who's this Leandro that tobi mentioned. Today I was checking the Brazilian press and I found an article where it was said that Leandro Damião, Internacional de Porto Alegre player, has been negotiated with Tottenham Hotspur and few other East teams. It gotta be that Leandro for sure!
He's the one who made his Brazil debut against Scotland, right? I can remember him hitting the bar with a header.

Back
Top Bottom