Tottenham Thread

peter crouch

looser.gif

Yeah what an idiot. Totally ruined 2 matches (Not even 1) of football in first 10 minutes. Freaking striker going crazy with bad sliding tackles.

Idiot.

The managers reshuffle was unnecessary, Bale starting on the right? And why does Luka once again get pushed out to the left just to accommodate Jenass in the middle?

What happened to Lennon? Nervous?

Idiot.

The managers reshuffle was unnecessary, Bale starting on the right? And why does Luka once again get pushed out to the left just to accommodate Jenass in the middle?

What happened to Lennon? Nervous?

my exact thoughts... sore throat ? :LOL: Nasri played w/ a knot on his forehead .

Did Lennon really was not played for a sore throat...that is ridiculous.
The verdict is rather hard: simply not good enough.
Spurs need another gk, some good CB's and a good forward. They played good football in the CL, but as i always suspected, they are far from a top team.
And like i said in the CL-thread, one can't argue with the fact that Arry has good results with Spurs, but i'm not sure if he is the right manager for Spurs. Some Arsenal fans want to get rid of Wenger, i would welcome him enormously as Spurs' new manager.

one can't argue with the fact that Arry has good results with Spurs

Tbh Gerd it really annoys me how the media hype Harry up. The commentator's were going on about him yesterday aswell.

He took a 5th placed squad (Jol should have gotten 4th place the season or two before (spagetti-gate)) who weren't performing under Ramos and spent a lot of money buying decent / good players and is now a 4/5th place challenger. City have replaced Liverpool as a top 4 team (with City spending huge amounts and Liverpool being asset stripped for 2 seasons). He has continued the level Spurs were at while spending significant amounts.

I was hoping Spurs would get through so it isn't a go at them, it just annoy's me how the media write Redknapp as a great manager. Just because he is English.

Worth remembering Spurs have spent a load of money too. Between Defoe, Crouchie, buying back Keane, Modric, Gomez, Corluka, Palacios, Sandro, Krancjar, Pavlenchenko, Woodgate, etc all in the last couple of seasons.

Shocking from Crouch. I was desperately trying to find an angle that made them look 'okay' but both were terrible challenges, and both had to be yellows. What a moron.

The worst thing about the media hyping him up is that when he clearly gets it wrong they refuse to ask him the appropriate questions. Any other manager and he'd be abused.

Also starting Crouch just shows how stubborn he is. Jose Mourinho, Carvalho, Alonso and Arbeloa all know what to expect from Crouch. The latter are former team mates and are fully aware of how limited he is. Its common sense to decide to play a high line against him, especially when its VDV playing off him.

We should have looked to attack the space behind their defence and given them something to think about but Pav isn't a favourite so he just played into their hands.

Its amazing how he clearly didn't learn anything from the Wigan game with regard to his team selection.

PS: Ray Wilkins is a terrible commentator.

I understood the Defoe on at half time decision - but you need to do some coaching too. Tell him to run the channels opposite to Bale, and the defence/ mid to hoof it into the spaces left behind Ramos and Marcello. Clearly Harry didn't instruct his team on shape, tactics or anything after the break. A quality coach would have set them up in a way that at least offered an outlet.

He's so overrated it's unreal.

I don't know what Redknapp is playing at in terms of striker selections... Why on earth didn't he play Pavyluchenko? The Russian has 7 goals in the PL (from 23 matches) this season and Defoé and Crouch only have 2 each (from 16 and 27 matches). I would have started Pavyluchenko with V.d.Vaart then maybe brought on Crouch after 70-80 mins for Pavyluchenko if he was flagging and then brought Defoé on for V.d.Vaart.

The Russian is much, much better than Crouch, he's got better movement and is a better finisher. Harry seems to have favourites in Defoé and Crouch (he's signed both players more than once), but because Pavyluchenko doesnt have an agent Redknapp approves of he favours Crouch.

@AaronLennonpsl Aaron Lennon
saying i fell ill be4 the game is bull**** i fell ill on sunday morning where the med team put me on anti botics, but only got worse b4 tues
@AaronLennonpsl Aaron Lennon
believe me this is 1 game i did no wnt to miss and still devo now!!!! but will not be made a scapegoat saying they only knew jus b4 K O

Case closed.

Can't help you with that.

-------

A few week ago a win away to Blackpool would have taken us into third and pushed Chelski down to fifth. Two months later and Chelski are three points off the top, City are seven points clear of us AND Liverpool.

Despite all this the media still feel that Spurs fans are being ungrateful when they question the manager. :RANT:

Regarding the Chelski game, Harry's been saying that Bale will end up at LB yet in a big game he bottles it and plays Charlie out of position. He could have played Bassong there but I guess he's in the doghouse too.

The man needs to learn squad rotation.

Also the coaching staff are a joke, Bale and Lennon don't know how to dribble. I hope the links with Marko Marin are real.

OK, thanks.

I'd prefer someone with a bit more experience as our new No.9, I don't see how moving to Man City would be good for his progression though.

Its funny with the love in for Harry. This season apart from the Champions league exploits (which were very good, don't get me wrong) this season has to be a quite a let down. They are going to finish worse off in the league, didn't do well in the domestic cups.

If Liverpool take 5th off of you, then that would be a disaster! (does 6th get you a chance in Eurpopa league?) if you were not in Europe at all next season do you think any of your current crop might want to leave? It will also effect who you can get in the summer big time.

I think Spurs season this season just shows how hard it is to get into the champions league and stay in it on a consistant basis....something Arsene has done since he has come to Arsenal on less of a budget than Spurs. (This is not a dig at Spurs but for the Arsene doubters and to realise what a good job he does).

I do think howether that spurs are a decent goalkeeper and a striker away from taking that next step though, just a shame you might not get the right players if you don't get into europe.

I don't think any of the key players will leave, our squad is massive though (17 players out on loan) and Daniel Levy needs to easy up and not put unrealistic prices on their heads.

6th place doesn't get Europa League, if we did finish there it would perfectly sum up our season but could also be a blessing in disguise for next season.

The nucleus is there but management needs to be ruthless in the summer and Harry needs to hire some proper coaches and sack his buddies. Either that or Daniel Levy needs to get someone else in... :PRAY:

No problem Tobi. :))

You've built up a big squad as the manager did at Portsmouth with disastrous consequences.

Lennon and Bale I am sorry to say are no Tony Galvin for instance. It's just like Walcott. Kick the ball ahead and run fast after it and in the case of Lennon a poor end product.

As for strikers Harry loves to collect these. Apparently keeping an eye on Osvaldo of Espanyol. Excellent poacher and with good physical strength.

Keeping hold of Modric who is an excellent player with a brain is key.

Funny enough I wouldn't know any player to leave Arsenal if they had the same fate. Nasri doubt it , Fabregas always looking to head back either way. Robin is as loyal as Bergkamp!!! I wish he made as much impact as the "iceman" . Spus has nobody to leave ,but are happy to play w/ arry imo. Sandro-Modric-Bale is the future .

Lennon and Bale are very, very poor when it comes to dribbling, don't how the manager and coaches don't recognise this to be a problem. I'd love to know what they (the squad) do during training.

Bale can improve his dribbling but I have my doubts about Lennon, on the odd occasion that he actually decides to take on his man, he'll then ruin the moment by refusing to cross the ball. He's been doing this for years now and I don't think he's very coach able.

I'd love to have someone like Marko Marin here next season.

People are too harsh on Lennon and Bale.
Spurs need a GK, a FW and an injury free CB.
But above all: a new manager...but since Harry is the big friend of the press, there is no presuure on him...

Before new year Spurs played very good and attractive football, after new year they were a quite average team and do not deserve to play in the CL.

Bale looks physically and mentally tired, he should be rested on Saturday and brought off the bench with twenty minutes to go.

It still amazes me how Niko has been ignored virtually all season.

Playing with two wingers consistently needs to be looked at because Lennon doesn't offer a goal threat.

Bale is a odd one for me, I think LW is still his best position as I don't think he has the defensive capability's for LB unless you have a top central defence and his productivity for a 21 year old is very good with 11 goals and 4,5 assists. Im sure he'll improve, its unfortunate that the Media have made him to be Messi MK2 and makes me somewhat get annoyed whenever I hear or read "Bale" because he seems a decent lad with a good future.

Lennon is pretty crap indeed and needs getting rid off.

Lennon hasn't had his best season, but it's madness to get rid of him for one bad season.
Last season he was fantastic.

And yes, why did Nico did not play more...

As for strikers Harry loves to collect these. Apparently keeping an eye on Osvaldo of Espanyol. Excellent poacher and with good physical strength.

Watched the game last night, reminds me of Berba.

Well the funny part is poor Niko is tired of warming up the bench and looks set to leave this summer.

Very good player leaving and if I were him I'd do same thing. Hell Pav should do the same too. He's often wasted and not utilized properly by 'Arry.

Back
Top Bottom