Tottenham Thread

Any other manager not named Arry would too.

When fit, if Sandro isn't first choice, I'm going to start a ____

Joe Cole? I thought the fact he couldn't get on the bench of a pretty weak Liverpool side last year told you all you needed.

Parker would be a decent signing but then again (unless your directly replacing Modric) isn't an area I would look first.

A top class CB and forward would be my thinking.

Your group is:

Rubin, PAOK Salonica and Shamrock Rovers.

I suspect 'Arry will be dissapointed. As destinations only Kazan is outside the EU. It's only really Rubin away where he can max out the duty-free cheap cigarette and vodka allowance of an entire squad of 25 players + 10 backroom staff.

In the press conference today he asked the journos how many teams are in each group.

Adebayor's in now so he should fit straight in, Why does VDV play like a striker. Should go 4-3-3 with VDV, Modric and a destroyer which they didn't play for some reason.

There's no if mate, he really did ask the question, complete lack of respect.

Regarding the game today, City were excellent and Dzeko has shut up all the idiots (in the English media) that questioned his ability. Mancini's new approached has also helped.

After saying yesterday that we could win the league, Arry after the game is now blaming pre season, saying we had a poor one. :YAWN:

He is incapable of taking responsibility :BRICK:

I'm still trying to figure out how he can come to the conclusion that Luka and Niko in CM would work against the always moving Silva, Nasri and Aguero. Anyone?

Arsenal losing 8-2 isn't enough to make me feel any better today. :SHOCK:

I guess Scott Parker is the answer to our problems.

Also, Luka can join Bentley and Hutton and train with the kids until the window closes.

Stay classy Chelski!

Last edited:
Not only does it show he doesnt respect the competiton or the opposition, but also how can he not know how many games the team have over the next 4 months ?

Does he not plan ahead ? Does he not think, I'll have 8 mid-week games in Europe, I'll need to get cover in certain positions?

We've been discussing that on SC, don't think anyone can sum it up better than that.

Disappointing day so far. Only Parker came in, nothing yet about Cahill or the "big one". I'm secretly hoping for Giuseppe Rossi, c'mon, he has to quit that Sunny SPL crappy league.

i,Robot is closing to leaving the building, thanks for your effort but I won't miss all those predictable and aimless diagonal balls to the back post.

As for Scott Parker, Sandro had better be first choice when he gets back next month.

Unless something spectacular happens, this is a bad transfer period for Spurs.

PS: the something spectacluar might be Modric to Chelsea...that would be disastrous.

Rumours going around that now that Crouch is going another striker will come in and Leandro could be lined up for January to replace the no longer super Pav.

Coulibaly isn't ready for first team consideration.

Our youth team played their second game in the NextGen Series today, thrashed Inter 7-1.

According to ITK, they bid £40m yesterday and it was rejected.

Talking about SC, tobi, did they use to be reliable? I saw this:

"Just had a text from a friend of mine who works at Spurs and judging by the text I'm guessing she's still there. Don't often get much from her but she's normally right when I do, although she never gives names. Her text reads:

"Could pull off two or three signings before 11. If they all happen you WILL be happy!"

My reading into this revolves around "could", so I'm guessing nothing is concrete and things might not come off... But she did text me with an hour to go last summer and said "Something big is under way" and then an hour later... BAM! Van Der Vaart! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!"

I saw that, not sure I'd regard that person as ITK, could be a WUM, we'll find out soon enough.

One ITK has been alluding to a big bid going in for a striker now that were finally getting rid of our dead wood.

I'm praying for another winger, one that can actually dribble.

Oh I see. Thanks tobi. :TU:

Yea a striker would be great but I'm not sure about Leandro Damião tbh. Media are saying that he is at London but, as far as I know, he's going to play tonight against Santos, so probably bs anyway.

A winger would be nice too but doesn't seem likely at this point.

Whatever happens I'm sick of this lastminute.com business.

I think Levy is holding back because of Harry 's safe targets and the court case in November but disappointed doesn't even begin to describe the last four transfer windows.

Great game for us today. Completely outplayed Liverpool. Only a bit disappointed we didn't get at their throats at 3-0, could've really battered them. Adebayor and Parker with outstanding home debuts. Seeing Adebayor up front instead of Crouch is like a wet dream, he's got everything Crouch was missing. Hope it will continue, and that he won't fall out of favor with Redknapp or any of the players.

And that Modric goal, Jesus, fantastic, and the celebration - even better. :)

Back
Top Bottom