Tottenham Thread

Very annoyed that Pav is being sold despite being the best striker currently at the club.

Crouch is pathetic and Defoe is overrated and incredibly frustrating.

His love for Crouch and Defoe is disturbing, Pav has never had a consistent run in the team during his time here.

Selling DVDs. :LOL:

scaled.php

£35m offer for Rossi apparently. Where the hell are Spurs getting the money from?!

It might happen but I see very harsh. Rossi has just renewed his contract wiht Villareal few days ago. Well, Levy is a smart business man, Tottenham finances are ok so it doesn't surprise me at all considering how mad is the English market.

Selling DVDs. :LOL:

:DOH:

Bad day happens.

Arry wouldn't last five minutes on Lie To Me.

The money has been there for some time, Levy wants to spend and take us to the next level but Arry loves Crouch n Defoe and doesn't recognize clear upgrades. He loves his favorites.

Plus our scouting network has totally disappeared since Commoli left and took our top european scout with him to Liverpool.

Bidding for Phil Neville shows clear ambition...

He says we only have two fit CB's, clearly he's already forgotten about the South African we signed two weeks ago.

I love Levy, best chairman in the league but this lastminute.com BS has to stop.

We could have got Rossi if we bid two/three weeks ago but why would they sell their top scorer on the last fucking day on the window? No time to get a replacement.

We could have got Luis Suarez when Liverpool were offering silly money (£12m) for him but Arry couldn't make his mind and then finally decided that he didn't want him.

We've needed a top striker for over a year now and we still don't have one.

I can't wait for the FA to come calling for this guy.

:BRICK:

There is still time for Levy to do his thing but...

As far as we know Arry was on the verge to bring Charlie Adam to the White Hart Lane. Blackpool accepted the offer however the deal went down due some bureaucratic issues. I simply don't get this. Who the hell is Adam? Sorry my mistake but I have never heard of this Blackpool player so I don't get all these today fuzz surrounding him. Besides, I think it is better to wait until the Summer to get decent players. The Winter market is used to make minor adjustments and not major movements (despite today's madness transfer deadline). I truly believe you will take the World class striker you need to be a consistent and effective title contender. Van der Vaart move last Summer represented an huge step through a short-mid term title goal. You're in the right direction.

Adams is a Gers reject who found a new life in the tangerines . He became a leader and passes the ball very well. He works well for Blackpool doesn`t mean he will work well anywhere else . Like you said players are for adding to a squad 1 player won`t re-invent the squad. Well not of his caliber :LOL:

Did Spurs bought Adam?
Oh no, IMO they already have enough fantastic MF players...Adam is this year's Bullard or Sidwell, big fishes in a small pond.

So... Forlan, Aguero, Rossi? When their squad is already flooded with strikers?

I don't get Spurs... and have no idea where they get all that money from. They punch way above their weight financially. And this is only their 1st season in the Champions League.

No wonder Roman Pavlyuchenko is demotivated... he's been already benched over that cone Crouchie, and now 'Arry wants to bring more for the position.

'Arry doesnt like Pavyluchenko because he apparently doesn't get on with his agent. To my mind Pavyluchenko is by far and away the best striker in their squad, whenever he's been given a fair run of games hes done well. He also offers a much more subtle finishing style compared to Defoé (chase and run) or Crouch (languid hold up play) - look at Payvluchenko's goal against Chelsea where he knocked it wide then shot it in early, there is no way Crouch or Defoé have the ability to do that.

To be honest if I was in charge of Liverpool I'd have gone in for Pavyluchenko instead of Carroll. He's scored five of the six goals that Spurs's strikers have got this season.

So... Forlan, Aguero, Rossi? When their squad is already flooded with strikers?

The strikers that play regularly are consistently useless in the league.

I don't get Spurs... and have no idea where they get all that money from. They punch way above their weight financially. And this is only their 1st season in the Champions League.

What does that mean?

We are a well run club and we aren't in debt. Why are people surprised that we have lots of money to spend?

Our net spend since getting into the Champions League is only £12m, we just need a talisman upfront and a quality defensive midfielder and our squad is complete.

Spurs have an amazingly scatter gun strategy in the transfer market, under 'Arry.

This was posted on another Spurs forum...

This was posted by Dragon1 (ITK on COYS) just now. Could explain conflicting info from various itk's (who I still think I would rather have than be driven out by the unwarranted abuse):

"making cl was our chance,completely ballsed last two windows,offering £250,000 on last day of window for neville sums levy up,as it happens i like phil neville but we want him offer £2 million and do the deal the lad was happy to come,harry did great last season but take away inter and blackburn at home and villa away we have been poor this term,to say bale and rafa have carried us would be a huge understatement,the balance of team is completely wrong,5 of our front are midgets on sunday.

Knowing a bit more than most of you about what goes on harry still thinks hes at portsmouth,our scouting network is pethetic,charlie adam and neville on final day of window tells you all you need to know,there was one transfer last week where,harry,bond and the chief scout changed there minds continually until in end we were gazumped it was shambolic.

Carroll was hugely overpriced but what we needed,i was at our game at st james last week,the way ashley has plastered sports op over main entrance and main stand in bright red shows what he thinks of the geordies the bloke couldnt give a monkeys,it was clear he would not be concerned over backlash of selling carroll,we should have done that deal last week and newcastle would have been better placed to replace Carroll

What levy dont get is that the strikers who would have come in the last two windows will now not come in the summer cos we will not be offering cl football again

we need serious investment on pitch and to build npd,i pray we dont get the os cos be under no illusions we will 100% move its levys dream ticket and he will sell club for fortune once we do,i want jose in summer,he will leave real and loves the premiership,united,city and scum jobs are not available,cant see him getting back with roman and hopefully king kenny will stay at scouse"

Link

cfdh_edmundo, Crouch can't even do that (languid hold up play),

He can't shoot.
He isn't strong.
He can't jump or head the ball.
His first touch is abysmal.
He can't run the channels.
He offers no movement whatsoever.

He has 1 goal in the EPL this season but according to Arry, he has been fantastic this season.

The Man Utd game still bugs me to this day, how he played the whole 90 minutes with Pav on the bench is simple incredible. Everyone could see that Vidic and Rio had it easy against him because as a team we become predictable because of the list above.

Crouch could never score the goal that Pav scored against Chelski.

Last edited:
Seems bizzare alright, I don't see any reason why Pavyluchenko couldn't become a talismanic striker. He's got movement, he's got a very good shot and can hold the ball up. He also has an abiliy to ghost into the box and win headers, I remember him doing it at Old Trafford when you played them in the cup 2-3 years ago, he got a glancer to make it 1-0.

Defoé is obviously a different type of striker, but I can't understand why Crouch is getting so much more game time than Pavyluchenko, there must be something in the background between the coaching staff.

Tobi, as a Spurs fan i think that Spurs also need a top class defender, maybe even several.
Assou-Ekoto and Hutton are not good enough (i rather liked Corluka) and King is another (sad) story.

I agree with you on Pavelyuchenko, him and Vander Vaart would be fantastic upfront...he is by far the best striker in the squad.

Despite the good results and the good football (let's forget Fulham for the sake of argument) i still don't think Redknapp is the manager Spurs need. But then again De Ramos (who is a fantastic mangager IMO) had bad results.

Redknapp certainly made a shambles of this transfer period.

I disagree Gerd. Last season our defence was excellent, this year Charlie is the only piece that is missing. Gallas has proved to be a good signing this season.

Woodgate is back again, Kaboul is improving all the time and Benoit is excellent but every few games he goes missing. I hope Charlie starts tomorrow, he links up well better with Lennon. Next season Kyle Walker will be ready to challenge for the RB spot.

It would be nice to have some competition at LB for Benoit but I agree with Arry that Bale will end up there.

Looks like The Hudd is out for the season.

The strikers that play regularly are consistently useless in the league.

What does that mean?

We are a well run club and we aren't in debt. Why are people surprised that we have lots of money to spend?

Our net spend since getting into the Champions League is only £12m, we just need a talisman upfront and a quality defensive midfielder and our squad is complete.

What I mean is the Spurs don't play year in year out in the Champions League, which is a great source of revenue from TV broadcasting and matchday tickets. This season is the 1st time.
On top of that, you have a stadium to build/rebuild/acquire (still don't know the outcome of the London Olympic Stadium saga).

When you look at Arsenal's expenditure due to the new stadium, it makes you wonder... Spurs spending seems irresponsible to me. Harry spends too much on unnecessary signings and still can't get the best of his squad! Look at the examples of Kranjcar and Pavlyuchenko.

The club could be doing a lot better with a decent manager IMO.

As for not being in debt... I find it hard to believe! You sure mate? Did you see it on their annual report or something? If so, that's a major surprise to me.

We've always been busy in the transfer market and spent a lot of money but we defiantly aren't in debt.

We don't have a wage cap per se but the overall wages are tied into the clubs overall turnover (6% random figure). That way everything is kept in check and doesn't spiral out of control.

Luka is our highest paid player on 70k and Woodgate is on 65k. King being captain is on something similar and VDV is on 55k, although its been suggested that Madrid are paying the rest. Bale's next contract will be 100k.

Also IMO the reason why we've conceded so many goals is because,

- Luka is permanently in the middle now.
- Bale and Lennon play to wide sometimes.
- Hutton is at RB instead of Charlie.

We can get that balance back if Charlie comes back at RB, Bale moves to LB, Rafa plays from the left and Pav and JD upfront.

Back
Top Bottom