Tottenham Thread

they dont have Hall of Fame in England in the states each sports have a hall of famers where individuals are recognized . there's also a hall of shamers too . like cheaters of the game or coaches that gamble on their own team lol Pete Rose was emoved from hall of fame 4 it.

It's gonna be interesting in your group.

You'd expect Inter to walk it, but they've got Rafa to fuck everything up.

Twente and Bremen are both capable of beating the others as well.

That said, I can see you getting 9 from 9 at White Hart Lane, not sure why, but I can see it.

The first 40 minutes were superb, then Benoit struck, don't know what he was thinking about with that stupid clearance.

Overall a good performance, Jenas, VDV and Younes the Bull were excellent. It was edgy for a few minutes but they didn't collapse like they have in the past so that's an improvement.

Lennon and Charlie should be benched and Keane should be banished to a land far, far away.

Was a shocker tonight. The formation was a disaster, team selection a joke.

Pav worked well, Keane even ended up with a possible 7 out of 10. Behind them however was a whirlwind of crustation. Bentley did nothing all game, Sandro worked hard for nothing and then we have Jake Liverpoor. Back four was a sweets club, with Caulkner believing a "91st-minute rumour" that penalties get you Haribo Tangfastics, only for Wenger to go home tonight with Angela Lansbury for Sex With Minors, She Wrote.

Thank chuff it was the tin pot.

The only thing that annoys me about tonight was the stupid line-up and the equally stupid formation or lack their of.

He's probably ruined some of those young guys confidence by hanging them out to dry like that. :RANT:

Minus the deft tug, Caulker looked good, didn't panic in possession, looks like a good prospect. Sandro got stronger as the game went on and his attributes are there for all to see. I hope he gets some minutes in the EPL this season.

David Bentley can join Robbie Keane at The Fortress of Solitude. Wilson Palicios is trying his best to join them there.

Just when I think Arry is beginning to see the light he does this shit.

Prettay clumsy to give 2 pen in such a short span. Surely fatigue n lack of were too much to bare. Where was Rose ? I thought he was up for the fight. Think Sandro did well he showed strength n wanted to show his 1 touch passing skills , only problem is he needs VDV n Modric for that. Hey arry!... AVIT!!!

Well, another crap performance and the formation just isn't working. Might need more time to gel but I'd prefer a 4-1-3-2 rather than a 4-5-1.

Bale had his worst game in months today, Hudd looked drunk and Nathan Drake in goal was shaky to start with but made two excellent saves. Modric & Van der Vaart did well, the latter being subbed off seemed to help Luca though!

Hutton for Spurs man of the match. Fucking heck.

Horrible start to the game but were still in a good position with the other game ending in a draw and I expect us to make it to the next round.

Man crush confirmed.

Cue the Bale to here, there and everywhere onslaught.

If Spurs defend better they can win their home match against Inter.
Bale and to a lesser degree Lennon showed that Inter is vulnerable.

Couldn't Harry have bought a better CB than Gallas?

Bale will not stay with Spurs unfortunately. He will end up at Man Utd...

As a club are we progressing? - Yes.
Are we playing Champions League football? - Yes.
Does he have four years left on his contract? (major bargaining chip unlike Carrick and Berba) - Yes.
Is Daniel Levy our chairman? - Yes.

The media are being real quick about trying to unsettle him and their acting as his agent already.

Gerd, Arry wanted Kjaer but he chose Wolfsburg. I doubt we can sign a top quality CB in January but we can and will definitely address the striker situation in January.

Since last night, I've read a lot of Spurs fan resigning themselves to the fact that he is too good for us and that he will leave. The same people agree that we are two players away from being title challengers but a 21 year old scores a hat trick in the San Siro and suddenly we are a one man team?! I guess VDV, Modric and The Hudd will all be off at the end of this season at this rate.

What kind of mentality is this?

Oops tobi...have a bad day?
Spurs are far from a one man team. Fact is that yesterday was a bad day for Spurs in relation to Bale's future at the club. I sincerely hope Bale can stay with Spurs..but i doubt it. Valencia's injury isn't the best thing for Spurs...Ferguson could well buy Bale to replace him.
4-3 was a freak result in a sense because Inter were far better than Spurs...it could have been 8-0 after 45 minutes. If i would be Benitez i would be very angry with the way Inter played in that second half. They demonstrated their own weaknesses against an opponent who was KO and should have been totally demoralised. No the opposite happened. Spurs lost the game, but so what? They only lost 3 points (just like Spurs only won 3 by beating Wigan 9-0 last season) and (which is far worse) instead of being demoralised they found out that they can beat Inter at home...

There are more than enough better CB's than those that Harry fielded yesterday. I agree that it will be difficult to buy a top class CB, but a solid good one would be a big imporovement over Gallas.

Oh and i honestly won't see why Bale would move to Juventus. He might aswell go to Blackburn or Bolton. At the moment Spurs are a much bigger club than Juve...

PS: i agree that Spurs are progressing and should qualify for the next CL...i'm still not convinced that Redknapp is the right man for Spurs.

My tone in that post may not have been the best, I'm just fed up with some Spurs fans being so negative. Why assemble the current squad only to then sell to the highest bidder?

And I agree 1000% about Arry.

As a club are we progressing? - Yes.
Are we playing Champions League football? - Yes.
Does he have four years left on his contract? (major bargaining chip unlike Carrick and Berba) - Yes.
Is Daniel Levy our chairman? - Yes.

The media are being real quick about trying to unsettle him and their acting as his agent already.

Gerd, Arry wanted Kjaer but he chose Wolfsburg. I doubt we can sign a top quality CB in January but we can and will definitely address the striker situation in January.

Since last night, I've read a lot of Spurs fan resigning themselves to the fact that he is too good for us and that he will leave. The same people agree that we are two players away from being title challengers but a 21 year old scores a hat trick in the San Siro and suddenly we are a one man team?! I guess VDV, Modric and The Hudd will all be off at the end of this season at this rate.

What kind of mentality is this?

I agree with you. Personally, I don't consider City to be that different from you lot in terms of quality/balance, yet they're being hyped as potential title contenders.

No problem tobi...you are a nice guy.

The problem is that "real" fans are always pessimistic...and somehow one of the things that attracted me to Spurs is the fact that in the end they are always "close but no cigar"...it seems that they throw it away themselves...

On the one hand Spurs have bad luck with King and Woodgate (this could have been a fantastic couple of CB's) on the other hand, this "bad luck" is not new...so Harry's first priority should have been to buy a new CB.

Redknapp is a weird guy, he seems to drop players who are doing well: last year Pavelyuchenko, this year Krancjar and (less) Lennon...and suddenly Hutton seems a certainty...

A back four consisting of Hutton-Baasong-Gallas-Assou Ekoto is simply not good enough for the CL...but on the other hand that is also the reason why Spurs are one of the most entertaining teams in the CL.

Charlie was dropped because he wasn't playing well, since Hutton's cameo vs Wolves he has made it his own.

"I honestly do not feel like a player who is out of form," Corluka told the Croatian press. "It is true that I've watched from the bench in a few games but, my God, better players than me have sat there so I don't see why it would be the reason for any trauma.

"I was really bad against Werder. There is no justification for such a game.

"But, after three years of playing without rest, it's logical that there is a period when these things don't go the way you'd imagined.

"There is no drama.

"Just as I've enjoyed it before, I now have to accept the other side of the coin and win back my position."

He is injured also.

Last edited:
Congratulation To Spurs For Win VS Inter ;)
They Show To Us One Thing And That Thing Is They Group To Big Team ;)
Thanks For Beating Inter ;) Merda Inter Forzaaaa Spurs !!! ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom