Tottenham Thread

We don't need him anyway, he is a good player but not any better than JD.

Huntelaar has been very unfortunate in the last two seasons for various reasons but I'd welcome him with open arms. Higuian is wishful thinking, he'd be super expensive.

Huntelaar isn't better than what you've already got. It all depends on how much your willing to spend. I think it would be better for you to spend 40M on 1 player than 3. Not only would it add a talisman but it would help elevate players in your current squad.

£40m on one player is too much, I'm all for splashing out on a talisman but we still need to be realistic. In fact I'm going to do some research now...

Huntelaar can add to our team because his positioning/anticipation is better than that of JD and Crouch.

The ball that BAE put into the box vs Man City which both of them missed was a good example of that. Just before the ball came in you could see that the two of them ( JD and Crouch) were too close to each other, if Crouch had anticipated better and placed himself two steps to the left (away from JD) he would have scored. Pav's positioning/anticipation is much better than them, we see evidence of that every time he plays. I'm still slightly annoyed that Arry ignored him for so long.

I rate Huntelaar much more than all your strikers. He's got very good positioning and shooting technique.

Huntelaar is the most overrated player in the wordl (well that's an exageration, but he's not good enough to play in the CL...and anyway Defoe is better)

Lazy journalism in my opinion.

I wasn't keen on Joe Cole to begin with, I kinda warmed to the idea of signing him when Arry said he wanted to play 4231 away from home in Europe. I'm not bothered he didn't sign, he isn't better than Luka.

There is no way he would have gotten into our centre midfield, no doubt he is a favourite of Arry but even he can't justify breaking up our centre midfield for him.

Last edited:
Talk of Raul coming, I suppose his experience in the CL would be worth having although I can't see him commanding a starting spot.

What kind of player is Sandro? I thought he was in the Dunga mould.

Raul would be pointless, he isn't good enough anymore and his wages are out the question anyway.

Very happy with the draw.

We better not play one upfront in the first leg, take the game to these young boys, no need to remain tight at the back per se.

There will be signings, the important ones are dependent on making the group stages.

I've seen some good puns already but there is an article on the ESPN Soccernet website about Young Boys that is too good to be true.

Don't believe a word Arry says re transfers, the man lies through his teeth.

Last edited:
There is a part of me that hopes you beat them, so they don't get into our group in the Champs league.

Can you imagine all the abuse Wenger will get playing Young Boys :ROLL: :PP

There wasn't a lot wrong with the performance, just a bit frustrated with one point.

Pav should start with Keane on Tuesday, he did more and had more shot attempts in 15 mins than Crouch and JD combined.

No favoritism this season please!

Our options all over the pitch except for CB and a talisman our awesome.

Younes the bull needs to start on Tuesday too, Charlie can't cross and doesn't overlap.

Great to see that Gio has sorted his attitude out and is now in contention, new signing.

'arry might prove me wrong but I think if he's got the cash he should really have added a CB and a CF to try and solidify yourself into the CL places.

They've got bloody loads of centrebacks!

King, Dawson, Woodgate!!, Kaboul, Bassong, Corluka plus some young lads in the reserves.

Dawson and Bassong yes but King and Woody can't be relied on. Woody needs a miracle to be included in the 25 man squad at the end of the month.

Younes is more of a RB these days and after watching Charlie play CB in pre season the less said about him playing there the better.

Steven Caulker is going to be awesome but he isn't ready to be a regular starter yet, if Woody doesn't make the squad then he'll take his place.

The money is there it just depends on giving those Young Boys a good spanking.

Huntelaar and Luis Fabiano are both available if the latter goes to OM I'll be pissed off.

Lovely guy :SHOCK:

The things he comes out with. Did you see him say how much great times he has given Tottenham before their loss at the weekend, so Spurs fans can't be that unhappy with this defeat (or something along those lines).

He thinks alot of himself for a manager that has only won an FA cup.

Used to think he was an alright guy until a few recent comments and actions....maybe it is because he is Spurs manager now ;))

Back
Top Bottom