Tottenham Thread

This is doing the rounds...
Tottenham will splash out £36m to bring Blackburn's David Bentley and Andrei Arshavin from Zenit St Petersburg to White Hart Lane.

Bentley I can see but Arshevin? Has he any old connections with anyone at the club?

Poor old David Bentley, he couldn't get a game at Arsenal, the club he supported as a boy. So he has to drop his standards by signing for Tottenham in order to get a game...:lol:

Spurs always have alot of money to spend - They don't need to sell.

Also just because you buy alot of decent players - doesn't mean that they will all get on well together and get on in the Premiership etc etc

This is doing the rounds...
Tottenham will splash out £36m to bring Blackburn's David Bentley and Andrei Arshavin from Zenit St Petersburg to White Hart Lane.

Bentley I can see but Arshevin? Has he any old connections with anyone at the club?

Arshavin's agent has confirmed Spurs are in early talks.

I think the ones that are saying Spurs our selling out for buying top players IMO is not fair, they don't have a Abromavich, they generally are a wealthy club and they will probably lose Berbatov and Keane is already gone so your going to have to replace that big void. Some of you that think they dont have a presence IMO our wrong. We'll have to wait and see but even if these players don't gel immediately it doesnt mean they won't eventually and everyone should agree that there buying quality players.

Press conference tomorrow at 10, double/triple signing perhaps :THINK:

ITK's are saying our King is done.

:censor:

As much as i like Arshavin and Spurs...i can't help thinking it's too good to be true and if he comes, Rebrov comes to mind...

But i do hope i'm wrong.

Rebrov was solid in his first season, the following season when Hoddle was in charge he didn't get a game because for some stupid reason Hoddle opted for the injury prone duo of Les Ferdinand and Stefan Iverson instead of a proven Champions League goalscorer.

:brick:

As much as i like Arshavin and Spurs...i can't help thinking it's too good to be true and if he comes, Rebrov comes to mind...

But i do hope i'm wrong.

I think there is a reason the big clubs stayed away from him.

We will see what he is like if he goes to spurs - it will be interesting.

He got a bit too big for his boots after Euros - I think that put alot of people off of him.

Derby boss Paul Jewell has revealed goalkeeper Stephen Bywater is close to moving to Tottenham. (Derby Evening Telegraph, 1400 BST)

I don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened with that big press conference yesterday ????
I was full of anticipation...and then nothing...

Rebrov was solid in his first season, the following season when Hoddle was in charge he didn't get a game because for some stupid reason Hoddle opted for the injury prone duo of Les Ferdinand and Stefan Iverson instead of a proven Champions League goalscorer.

:brick:

One week he'd score a great goal, the next week his performance would be the polar opposite. With a consistent run in the team, he'd have probably proved his value. Unfortunately, he ended up looking a waste at £11m. With Ferdinand scoring once every 5 chances at that point, I don't really understand how Rebrov didn't get more of a chance.

Iversen has stayed fit since moving back to Norway, and looked like the player he should've been for us all those years ago.

I'll never forget that goal he scored against Newcastle with outside of his foot.

The Bywater deal is off, common sense prevailed.

:DD

The Bywater deal is off, common sense prevailed.

:DD

Yeah, so let's whack 15 mill on Ashton instead!?

Really rate Ashton, still have to convince a couple of my West Ham supporting mates that he's good, but I do not want him at Spurs.

I hope that story isn't true, he certainly isn't worth that much and still has a lot to prove.

Rumour has it that Arshavin has gone on strike because Zenit are playing hardball and are denying that they had an agreement with Andrei that he can leave for a certain price...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEN @ 1pm
Corluka somthings up

his not allowed to go today was told no way out from city but something up for sure his not allowed to attend todays game...

on phone had wished him luck and he said was excited.. problem not our end but apparntley to do with tai chairmen

all medical done all papers bar permit sorted

i really dont understand will keep u updated

sorry told u all 100% but the deal had been but jsut cant quite see whats going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEN @ 1:10pm
well when a guy tells u on blower mate... his looking fwd to it and his out with luca and my mate getting a flat.. and all the papers done u get told 100% by top table u dont see a problem

something very odd

it will still happen later im sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEN@ 1:50pm
no dan what dosent make sense is city have stopped him going today as of 1 hour ago so that does not make him our player

as spurs were led to believe

if this dosent go through i believe this could end up in the courtroom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy at 2:10pm
Let me start by saying that I am neither City or Spurs, but I do know a little about what is happening with Corluka due to a 'business' interest.

When Spurs first made contact, it was Shinawatra's people that agreed a fee with Spurs and told Corluka he was free to leave. They did that without Mark Hughes' knowledge or consent.

Corluka was suprised to say the least. When Hughes took over he told Corluka he was one of the mainstays in his future plan for MCFC. Nevertheless, Corluka travelled to London to meet with Spurs' people.

Hughes then found out about the deal, and basically vetoed it - which was something the Thai's people had agreed he could do with any transfer activity when he took over. That's when Corluka was summoned back to Manchester to go up to Glasgow for the Celtic friendly.

Behind the scenes a real row started between Hughes and certain elements of the board; Hughes furious that they had gone behind his back to sell Corluka to Spurs, and the board enraged that Hughes had effectively recalled him from London for the Celtic game.

Shinawatra's people told Hughes that evening that the deal was 'too good to turn down', largely due to Shinawatra's financial problems. So, immediately after the Celtic game, Corluka flew back to London to resume talks with Spurs.

When Spurs' initial offer was accepted, Corluka had no real desire to leave City. That wasn't anything against Spurs, more the vision for the future of MCFC he had been sold by Hughes and Cook. However, after meeting with Spurs and talking with Modric, Corluka was sold on Tottenham and agreed terms. He went through a two-day medical, which he passed without problem. He's been holed up in a London since early Friday morning - hence why he missed the club photo.

Spurs agreed the final details for the transfer with City yesterday morning, and Corluka put pen to paper on his player registration.

Then City's people accepted the offer from Sunderland for Stephen Ireland, and Hughes went properly mental. Twice in 48 hours he felt he was having players he wanted sold from under him. In a rage, it was Hughes who called Ireland and told him he was expected to report to the CoMS to report for the Milan game. Hughes putting him on for a couple of minutes was a big statement on his part.

Here comes the really interesting part.

Hughes last night told Cook he was through with City and wants out, the sale of Corluka and Ireland being the straw that broke the camel's back. He said if the Corluka deal went through particularly, he would be on his way out of City too.

At that point City have tried to derail the Corluka and Ireland deals.

BUT, Spurs claim to have completed the paper work for the transfer which has already been lodged with the FA and signed by someone from City with authorisation to do so. City say they agreed a sale in principle with Spurs, but that no final transfer documents had been signed.

As such Corluka, who was expecting to be paraded at White Hart Lane this afternoon, is in limbo. However, he has now set his heart on Spurs and linking up with Modric and has told City he will not return to the CoMS under any circumstances. He has been sold on Tottenham, and become frustrated with the background stuff taking place at City.

Spurs and City are maintaining their respective positions, but Spurs have basically told City that they are willing to see the issue go to court. They believe they have signed Corluka, and Corluka wants to play for them.

Interesting stuff.

:LOL: General Levy doesn't like getting messed about with.

EXCLUSIVE: City in crisis as Shinawatra forced to borrow £2m from ex-chief Wardle just to pay the players.

The shocking extent of Thaksin Shinawatra’s financial difficulties at Manchester City can be revealed today as it emerged that only last month he had to borrow £2million from former chairman John Wardle to pay staff wages.

Sportsmail can reveal that Wardle, who resigned in protest at Thaksin’s reign on July 9,was so concerned City staff were not going to be paid that he agreed to loan the club’s owner £2m for the third time in less than a year.

Although Wardle has been repaid and no staff wage payments were missed, it is
clear City are operating on a hand-to-mouth basis each month. There are fears
within the club the problem will soon recur, with Wardle no longer around to bail
Thaksin out.

The official line from City on the Ireland situation, and indeed Vedran Corluka’s aborted transfer to Tottenham, is that Hughes was in the loop throughout
and has not been undermined.

But Spurs are so angry at the way they feel City messed them about over Corluka that
they were considering legal action last night against their Premier League rivals.

With the Croatia defender having undergone a medical and agreed personal terms at
White Hart Lane, the transfer was about to go through until City pulled out on Sunday.

Last night the Premier League revealed that although Spurs’ transfer documents had been completed and submitted, City’s had not. This should leave City in the clear.

City are also known to be in negotiations for two new players, though given the financial turmoil now gripping the club, they are unlikely to involve large sums if players cannot be shifted out first.

The rest of the article here

They are in some much shit its untrue! Also progress has been made regarding Arshavin and Berba will be gone any minute now. Berba has been great for us for 2 years but his attitude stinks now, apparently in training everyone is working their asses off whilst he strolls around. I hope he isn't in the team on Saturday.

Thanks for the wonderful memories though :SAL: , tis a shame it had to end to end like this.

Back
Top Bottom