Tottenham Thread

ITK's are saying that Veloso, Bently and Arshavin are all but wrapped up, Capel is desperate to come but Sevilla's president understandably hates us and will do all he can to not let it go through even though we've matched his cheap buyout clause.

Forwards wise they've got a list but are putting all their efforts towards Villa and wont commit to anyone right now, if Berba goes then I expect Diego Milito to replace him. Young Pekhart will be our 4th choice forward this season. 8-)

Yea, they rejected our first bid, we might go back in for him.

ITK's are saying that Veloso, Bently and Arshavin are all but wrapped up, Capel is desperate to come but Sevilla's president understandably hates us and will do all he can to not let it go through even though we've matched his cheap buyout clause.

Forwards wise they've got a list but are putting all their efforts towards Villa and wont commit to anyone right now, if Berba goes then I expect Diego Milito to replace him. Young Pekhart will be our 4th choice forward this season. 8-)

Bloody hell! If you pull that off you lot will have a top side.

Good? Selling your best players, and weakening your only strong area in the team.

It's lovely, I imagine.

Didn`t know gomito switch from mancs to spurs! Oh Dear! I expect a switch near the middle of the season to become a mancs and say We won it again...

I kinda disagree, personally think they have a good starting back 4 and have Dawson, Gilberto and Ekottto as back up.

Hutton--Woodgate--King--Bale

hutton and woodgate are solid, and i forgot about bale... i think if king can acutally stay healthy then look out

i think there midfield is pretty strong, especially wi th the additions of modric and dos santos

Two unproven players in the Premier League. Both arn't very strong physically, and one has just been believing his own hype for the last few years. Spurs need a presence in midfield. A leader, a general. They don't have one yet.

Sure, they signed two flashy players with cool names, but they still haven't signed what they needed. A defensive midfielder.

I kinda disagree, personally think they have a good starting back 4 and have Dawson, Gilberto and Ekottto as back up.

Hutton--Woodgate--King--Bale

In theory, yes, that looks pretty good. But we all know King can't stay injury free for his life. And Woodgate doesn't exactly have an injury free record either. And I still have my doubts about Bale as a defender. Hutton's going to be pure quality IMO though. Oh, no need to call Gilberto a defender either.

They do need solid back up. Because, defensively, they are prone to injuries.

Two unproven players in the Premier League. Both arn't very strong physically, and one has just been believing his own hype for the last few years. Spurs need a presence in midfield. A leader, a general. They don't have one yet.

Sure, they signed two flashy players with cool names, but they still haven't signed what they needed. A defensive midfielder.

In theory, yes, that looks pretty good. But we all know King can't stay injury free for his life. And Woodgate doesn't exactly have an injury free record either. And I still have my doubts about Bale as a defender. Hutton's going to be pure quality IMO though. Oh, no need to call Gilberto a defender either.

They do need solid back up. Because, defensively, they are prone to injuries.
your wrong about modric, he carries his size very well. He will be fine in terms of strength in the prem. zokora? Have you seen dos santos play?

I see what your saying Abhi, Still i can see them pushing for 4th this season yet they if i was a betting man i would go for 5th.

-----------Gomes-----------
Hutton--Woodgate-King--Bale
-------Veloso-Modric-------
-Bentley-Arshavin-Dos Santos-
-----------Millito---------

That side in most leagues would challenge for the title.

But still no defense.

I disagree, granted they haven't played a lot together and probably wont play the whole season together but they'll still play a lot together and Hutton, King, Woody and Bale is a very solid back four in front of Gomes and the presence that he brings. If Dawson can get back to the level he was at 2 seasons ago then he is a more than suitable back up.

We will sign a DM, clearly Zoko Pops is not up to the job, I cant even work out whether he is a DM or CM. Also Dos Santos and Modric are strong enough from what I've seen so I'm not worried about that aspect.

Bentley is having a medical in the morning, Aaron Lennon had better be working on those crosses!!! Maybe he'll play more off the forwards...

presser29july420a.jpg

8-)

Could this be a sign of things to come...:THINK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIRxxurh0xg

Tottenham keen for Modric to spur new generation

They sound mature and really up for it.

Confronted with the prospect of playing in such a physically demanding league, Modric was too polite to point out how he ran England's midfield ragged at Wembley in November without any problems.

:LOL:

Last edited:
Bentley is a done deal by the morning, so another target to tick off, I havnt heard any new news on Arshavin and it seems the Bentley deal is being done with Keane's money? So i think your going to need to keep selling if your going to buy.

I see what your saying Abhi, Still i can see them pushing for 4th this season yet they if i was a betting man i would go for 5th.

tbh if Spurs do end up like that, I will lose a lot of respect for them. They'd be simply doing what Chelsea did 3 years ago, but not as big numbers - buying their success. The whole midfield and attack is new, and has no spine. Only King remains to be a part of Spurs' 'history'. If they want to build their own style and a solid backbone, they should build like Everton - bit by bit.

Last edited:

And where's the experience in that team? Where's the strength in midfield? And who's to say this team will gel as soon as they start playing. There's one you can't buy, and that's chemistry. You'd be changing the whole chemistry of that team. Yeh, flashy players with inflated reputation, and cool names, but playing them together is going to take time.

Though I do expect Milito to have a field day with Bentley's crosses.

tbh if Spurs do end up like that, I will lose a lot of respect for them. They'd be simply doing what Chelsea did 3 years ago, but not as big numbers - buying their success. The whole midfield and attack is new, and has no spine. Only King remains to be a part of Spurs' 'history'. If they want to build their own style and a solid backbone, they should build like Everton - bit by bit.

That is strange coming from a Milan fan...granted Milan never bought several big players in one season. But Spurs doesn't have an Abramovich.

And to be honest, i don't think Spurs will be able to buy both Milito and Arshavin. But if they do, they would do that with the money bigger clubs payed for their big players like Berbatov. In a way Spurs also have built a team over several years....

But it could be that i'm not very objective, because i'm a bit of a Spurs fan...and as a bit of a Spurs fan, i'm well aware of optimism at the start of a new season. Let's hope they have a good start for once , that for example they can win their first " matches...

Bentley is a done deal by the morning, so another target to tick off, I havnt heard any new news on Arshavin and it seems the Bentley deal is being done with Keane's money? So i think your going to need to keep selling if your going to buy.

We don't need to sell in order to buy.

I think Spurs are shaping up nicely to be honest. Yes, they're still missing a central midfielder with a bit of bite, but hard to spot any gaps anywhere else on the field. They're buying and selling pretty well as far as I can see.

And Milanista your comment is just patronising. It's all very well commenting when you support one of the G14 clubs in their cozy little gang, but for the rest of football, the only way to stop bigger clubs stealing your players is to show ambition and spend yourself. I can only assume you have no respect for your own club if that's your yardstick?

I didn't mean it as an attack on Chelsea, but as a reference when everyone was saying stuff like "Chelsea are just buying a new team" etc. Sure, Milan, teams in the G14 make several big signings a year, but to sign over half a new squad, again - hypothetically speaking - if it did happen, defeats the point of building a squad. Chelsea at least at the time had a core group of players they built around. Milan do too, and so do most teams. Gerd, it does appear contradictory, but the difference is that the 'hypothetical' lineup by Young Gun includes 7 new players in 1 summer in the starting 11 - I think that is ridiculous to be honest, especially since the club have been in the top 10 in the last 3 years, and believe that to achieve success they have to just splash money on many players in one go, when many of their current players are very good.

On another point, I am not a supporter of the G14, I can't help it if the club I was raised to support are part of it, and in fact, I'm actually a supporter of Platini's plan to restructure European football. There are many clubs that are not part of the G14 who are extremely competitive, and have become what they are through time and planning.

I almost forgot, the G14 doesn't exist anymore, and came into power after Milan, and many other clubs, were successful, so I think thats beside the point.

Last edited:
Fair enough - but I don't believe that Spurs will be making all the signings that the Press are making out. Bentley and Arshavin would do, and I think they are there. Any other signings would be forced by having to sell a certain player from Bulgaria.

If they can get £50m for Keane and Berbatov then they have done incredibly well. More or less pays for their re-building.

I understand your point but at the same it needs to be done, our squad is massive and needs to be trimmed. Add to that that negotiating between EPL teams will always end with a premium price tag what other option do Ramos and co have? Some of them need to be replaced with better quality

We may not have not have a core of Spurs born players anymore but we certainly have a good core of British players who'll get opportunities.

On a side note rumour has it that Hutton is out for 3 months and Ramow wont hesitate in putting Gunther in.

It would be wonderfull if Spurs were able to buy Arshavin, but it seems almost to good to be true to me...i mean, why would Arshavin go to Spurs...i guess he has the choice to go to dozens of clubs (or even to stay with Zenith, who have a very good team IMHO).

Back
Top Bottom