The TV Thread

Yes that what i was thinking but they got alot of competition in LCD market more so then Plasma so be interesting to see there price stance.

Anyone looking for a new TV should be checking the high street chains and Stupidmarkets at the mo' there a price war going on. When you get the best price checkout John Lewis they will price match and give 5yr Guarantee.

A mate of mine was showing me his Sony OLED screen... OMG, Plasma and LCD are dead...

Japan to fund creation of 40W, 40in OLED TV
19 comments By Tony Smith [More by this author]
10th July 2008 11:57 GMT
Sony, Sharp, Toshiba and other Japanese consumer electronics giants are to get government cash to help fund the development of big-screen OLED TVs.

In total, ¥700m ($6.6m/£3.3m/€4.2m) will be made available to the companies, all of it from NEDO, a Japanese government agency that fuels the development of emerging technologies. The funding will be provided over the next five years to March 2013.

Ye they are impressive not seen one in flesh myself but seen tech/stats on them freaking expensive for 11" screen though.

I dont see them becoming the norm for few years yet though still life in old Plasma and LCD yet new LED LCD out in few months Samsung one forgot other top of my head.

Also Toshiba put in the PS3 cell processor into there new TV apparently supposed to improve SD hell of alot but we shall see think end of month its being shown at event.

Ye they are impressive not seen one in flesh myself but seen tech/stats on them freaking expensive for 11" screen though.

I dont see them becoming the norm for few years yet though still life in old Plasma and LCD yet new LED LCD out in few months Samsung one forgot other top of my head.

Also Toshiba put in the PS3 cell processor into there new TV apparently supposed to improve SD hell of alot but we shall see think end of month its being shown at event.
Like the sound of that... ;))

A mate of mine was showing me his Sony OLED screen... OMG, Plasma and LCD are dead...

Japan to fund creation of 40W, 40in OLED TV
19 comments By Tony Smith [More by this author]
10th July 2008 11:57 GMT
Sony, Sharp, Toshiba and other Japanese consumer electronics giants are to get government cash to help fund the development of big-screen OLED TVs.

In total, ¥700m ($6.6m/£3.3m/€4.2m) will be made available to the companies, all of it from NEDO, a Japanese government agency that fuels the development of emerging technologies. The funding will be provided over the next five years to March 2013.
Too pricey unfortunately, like when Plasma first came out.
Pioneer Kuro's win for now :DD

I haven't to be honest, but I'm astounded already at seeing that price in somewhere like Currys.

Mind you, it's not like I have any money at the moment so it doesn't matter about the price.

Does anyone have a Sony Bravia?

the newer W4000 models is what im looking at and wondered if anyone could give me a heads up on it

Does anyone have a Sony Bravia?

the newer W4000 models is what im looking at and wondered if anyone could give me a heads up on it

Just buy thats my heads up my friend has one and is very pleased superb TV certainly one of best LCD out at moment.

Toshiba ZF355 being the other and Samsung A656 but faults i read people getting would put me off purchasing it.

Last edited:
I've read at the AV forums that the game mode on the Samsung crushes the black levels.

I don't see the point of a game mode, what do they do that a normal calibrated picture wont do?

Just buy thats my heads up my friend has one and is very pleased superb TV certainly one of best LCD out at moment.

Toshiba ZF355 being the other and Samsung A656 but faults i read people getting would put me off purchasing it.

OK nice one :))

I've read at the AV forums that the game mode on the Samsung crushes the black levels.

I don't see the point of a game mode, what do they do that a normal calibrated picture wont do?
I'm not entirely sure what the "Game Mode" does, but it does work, Xbox 360 through VGA on Game Mode looks immense. Think it makes it sharper and crisper?

Maybe it differs between HDMI, VGA etc.

Game mode just set of settings and you can adjust it your more then likely want to adjust it i have old Samsung now game mode dont look nice at all standard got settings off Avforums there setting thread on there.

But anyway back to Coopz just seen if your not in rush to buy i would wait until September for W4500 which will have 100Hz with IB reduction,DLNA,50.000:1 contrast,better sound.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807191

But anyway back to Coopz just seen if your not in rush to buy i would wait until September for W4500 which will have 100Hz with IB reduction,DLNA,50.000:1 contrast,better sound.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807191

That's gonna be about £500 more then becuase i was gonna get the V400 which is £300-400 cheaper than the W4000 but misses a few unimportant things off

So £500 for 100hz and a better contrast aint worth it imo

That's gonna be about £500 more then becuase i was gonna get the V400 which is £300-400 cheaper than the W4000 but misses a few unimportant things off

So £500 for 100hz and a better contrast aint worth it imo

Ok fair do's thought i would bring it up just in case. :))

Cheers mate. I have made some adjustments. It definately looks different, I think better too, not so washed out :TU:.

LE26R73BD - That's my actual model number from the back of MY tele.

No precise settings for it on AV Forums though.

Hmm ive been trying to get my tv on its optimal settings and i cant find anything at all. It's a 32" Polaroid Definia TLU-03223.

From what ive gathered dynamic is best for gaming but everything else i can tweak just seems to make the image look worse.

Are there any other generic tips for HDTVs that i can try?

Back
Top Bottom