The TV Thread

In honesty I dont like Bravia's. Ive said a few times the couple that ive used have made my eyes bleed!

They are not bad when set up properly. The ones you see in showrooms have the contrawst up soo high, everyhting looks so fake.

And the supermarket Bravias are shite... just warning people. If you want cheap, look around for a budget Toshiba, Samsung or Panasonic model.

I've got a mid level Bravia and I'm more than happy with it.

I know the ones your referring to, the P, T and U models should be avoided.

So how's the TV then Bobby?

Haven't had that much time with it at the moment :((

I will take some pictures later for you.

I need to rig it up to a proper aerial though for the Tv channels. I will do this when I get back from holiday. Only have a crappy indoor aerial in my bedroom at the moment and the Reception is shit!!

I haven't tested the Xbox on it either yet. So Will do that after work aswell.

But it looks really nice :DD

Nice one! I managed to check out the 32" one at currys but they embedded it in a wall so couldn't see the back. It MASSIVE, so think I'll be getting the 26". Better for my eyes aswell methinks.

There you go a picture from the front - Picture of the connections on the back - and a picture of the connections on the side (Didn't rotate the picture - so it is the wrong way round.)

The quality isn't great had to take them on my camera phone.

Just playing fifa on it at the moment - the xbox is connected by HDMI. It is slightly blurry when the ball whizzes around. But not drastically. My Panasonic is seemless as it has 100hz - ao I am spoilt :DD

Bt It may be due to my HDMI? I know people have said that they use the HD Official VGA cable and it looks better? So I might invest in it.

But to be honest it isn't a huge problem. The Graphics look really good and crisp.

The sound is decent - it has an option to do some sort of Surround sound with the two speakers. It gives it a fuller sound but I wouldn't say it was surround sound. But it is a good addition and does add something extra.

I haven't begun to play around with the TV properly though - So these are just first impressions. :DD

I heard that turning the Movieplus off in settings gets rid of the blur/jerks

Thanks a lot for the pics though, looks great. I was looking for the VGA connection and 5.1 surround and can see it has it. Just out of interest though is the VGA socket male or female? Looks female from the pic.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I heard that turning the Movieplus off in settings gets rid of the blur/jerks

Thanks a lot for the pics though, looks great. I was looking for the VGA connection and 5.1 surround and can see it has it. Just out of interest though is the VGA socket male or female? Looks female from the pic.

Thanks for your help.

I will try the Movie plus thing :DD

Didn't know there was a male and female?!!! - It looks like the prongs or whatever they are go in to the VGA at the back of the TV. If that makes sense? I don't know if thats male or female?

I will try the Movie plus thing :DD

Didn't know there was a male and female?!!! - It looks like the prongs or whatever they are go in to the VGA at the back of the TV. If that makes sense? I don't know if thats male or female?

Yeah female then. Male means it has the spikes sticking out, female is just the holes (so to speak ;)))

Thanks

g_00032979.jpg

Left=male, right=female

will do. just couldn't resists for that price. come on, a 32" for not even 500€. best deal i've personally seen so far.

Hey guys, i got a 40 inch Samsung but with Sky the picture is a bit blurry, what scart lead do you lot recommend to improve the picture?

Last edited:
Mon coeur balance between

Samsung 46F86
Sony 46W4000
Sony 40X3500

what do you think ?

The new Samsung A-656 is out in few weeks getting some positive reviews on Avforums sounds really good nice spec. :))
FULL HD 1080P 1920X1080
24P COMPATIBLE
Dynamic contrast 50.000:1(40",46",52")
Dynamic contrast 15.000:1(32",37")
100Hz(not the 32")
USB 2.0
4XHDMI 1.3 anynet
Crystal Design
Freeview
SRS TRU surround XT
DLNe pro
Movie Plus
Ultra Clear Panel(not the 37")
4ms Response Time
Rose Black colour

Contrast Ratio should be taken with pinch of salt though dosnt list Static figure but there generally not real figure or never match the figure on LCD.

image001jk4.png

Shame not got money at minute probs would buy one.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720970

Hey guys, i got a 40 inch amsung but with Sky the picture is a bit blurry, what scart lead do you lot recommend to improve the picture?

Model ?

Have a look on Avforums for the picture settings thread then look for posts with Sky and have tweak see what you think.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155

I have M87 and i bought Sky HD and SD picture is way better then over Scart on normal Sky as running over HDMI.

Also Channel 4 HD is way better then normal channel as it upscales the SD. :))

Trust me Sky HD is such a must buy if you can afford it box is abit expensive i got it on a deal while back though £200 .

Back
Top Bottom