The TV Thread

In my experience (and it is fairly limited admittedly), the best LCD for freeview TV is the Toshiba WLT-series. The quality is really, really good, beats the Sonys and the Panasonics IMO. But the best for games is the Samsung, which has a little bit more colour (with it's own special "game mode"), a little bit more clarity and a lot better contrast.

It's not a massive difference between the two though, I think the better colour and contrast of the Samsung is a bigger difference than the freeview quality between the two, if you see what I mean, so I would always go for Samsung and know that I'm getting the best of both worlds.

We have a Toshiba in the living room and Samsungs around the rest of the house, and most of the family have the ( newer :( ) Samsungs, which are really good. An uncle has a Panasonic and someone else has a Sony Bravia, and I can honestly say ( after all the hype you hear ) I don't think they're any better than the Samsung model you mention there, and certainly not worth paying any extra cash for.

So I would definitely recommend that TV to you Bobby.

Great - I have a Panasonic 32" which I love. Brilliant all round. But its still £600 - £650!!! I got it for £625 about a year ago - I thought it would have gone down in price by now. I would have got another Panasonic - but too much money and too big for bedroom.

But I need a smaller Tv for the bedroom anyway and 26" is perfect - and the price is good aswell - I found it for £388 on PIXmania :DD

Thanks for everybodies input :bounce:

VGA and HDMI should be about the same visually, HDMI just being better supported by the various electronics and it of course can also do audio. Both VGA and HDMI are better than component for visuals.

i would opt for hdmi thought given the option, and i use hdmi on my elite and hd tv and its lurvly

Last edited:
Depends on the native resolution of your TV Bobby. My TV is much better through VGA, much much better, and as tiktiktiktik pointed out in the 360 thread in off-topic (and I thank him for it), the reason is because VGA supplies a 1360x768 resolution and the native resolution of my TV is 1360x768. Whereas HDMI is a higher resolution and it has to be resized to fit the TV, and because of that there is a blurry edge to everything.

Depends on the native resolution of your TV Bobby. My TV is much better through VGA, much much better, and as tiktiktiktik pointed out in the 360 thread in off-topic (and I thank him for it), the reason is because VGA supplies a 1360x768 resolution and the native resolution of my TV is 1360x768. Whereas HDMI is a higher resolution and it has to be resized to fit the TV, and because of that there is a blurry edge to everything.

hdmi>vga on bigger screens, as jack pointed out

hdmi is perfect on my 1920×1080 resolution screen

where as VGA would be upscaled no doubt...

Cheers mate.

Has anybody on these forums got one? just would like to know what the bad points are - If there are any?

I've got it Bobby and it's a fantastic tv, never had a problem with it.

I've just bought a new LG tv because I need a bigger one in my living room but I am not getting rid of the sexy Samsung! :))

I can also recommend Sanyo HDTV's ....They are in every sense the same as Samsungs ( the exact same materials ) but a whole lot cheaper..It is basically a Samsung with Sanyo written on it..YOu heard it here first :d:d

Hi guys wonder whether you could give me a bit of advice.

I've read a lot in this thread about 26" and 32" HDTVs, but I've been looking at 22" HDTVs primarily for gaming with my PS3. Which one do you recommend? I have about £250-300 to spend on one and need one a little smaller than 26 or 32 so I can transport it easily. Also I can't afford much more than £300 :EMB:.

Basically the best one I can get for the price with good gaming mode and good sound (I've heard some Samsungs can be tinny). Oh and I like the design of Samsung/LG but any other recommendations would be good.

Last edited:
Sorry Mj I don't know.

I have just ordered the Samsung 26" for £400 - as everyone has recomended it highly.

It feels so wierd - the 32" was £15 more - But I went for the 26" because it will be better for our bedroom. I feel silly though as the price was not much difference at all!!

Can't wait for it to come - Its coming on the 8th April - I thought that was next week - but it is in two weeks!!!

GOD DAMN IT!!!

Jesus man, for only £15 more I wouldda got the 32 incher... But there we go. I have the 26" and paid about £700 for it about 3 years ago :rant:. Shows how prices drop... Anyway it's a great TV Bobster and you won't regret it at all :)).

Yes, April the 8th is a Tuesday, I know this because I am waiting for April the 6th, a Sunday, when I drop my Dad off at the airport and have his car for 2 weeks :)).

Jesus man, for only £15 more I wouldda got the 32 incher... But there we go. I have the 26" and paid about £700 for it about 3 years ago :rant:. Shows how prices drop... Anyway it's a great TV Bobster and you won't regret it at all :)).

Yes, April the 8th is a Tuesday, I know this because I am waiting for April the 6th, a Sunday, when I drop my Dad off at the airport and have his car for 2 weeks :)).

I know - I do feel a bit silly. But our bedroom is too small for it. It would be right in our faces. the 26" will be just right.

If we get a bigger flat I will sell this one and put the money to a 32"

Nice one about the car - it must be a nice car.

Cheers mate! Think I'll go with the Sammy as it looks really nice.

Just out of interest though the 32" is the same as the 26" right? Just bigger and a higher contrast ratio 8000:1 rather than 5000:1?

Seen it on here cheaper than the 26 you see http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/sto...m=null&tm=null&sku=991891&category_oid=-21226

Yeah - it Seems exactly the same. But not 100% sure.

I went for the 26" because of the size of my bedroom. but I would have got the 32" otherwise.

Yeah - it Seems exactly the same. But not 100% sure.

I went for the 26" because of the size of my bedroom. but I would have got the 32" otherwise.

Thats four! times you have mentioned you bedroom on this page

are you dropping hints?

Thats four! times you have mentioned you bedroom on this page

are you dropping hints?

Its my favourite place to be :DD

Did I tell you that I got a 26" Tv instead of a 32" because my bedroom is too small?!

Well I did and thats no Lie!!!! :bounce:

Its about time they locked down a date, now they had better make sure they deliver good picture quality, ITV I'm talking to you!

Back
Top Bottom