The TV Thread

World's First 150" Plasma TV, it's equivalent to HD x 4!

panasonic%20150%20inch%20plasma0.jpg

How do we know hes not a Chinese midget

or its just a projector with a fake cardboard surround

If it was a projector you would see the little midgets silhouette on the screen - God Joe wake up!!

Try thinking before you post - I haven't got time reading through this rubbish! ;)

Can anyone help me with what I guess is a very simple question? :)

Basically I have a PC with an NVIDIA 8800GTS graphics card (2 DVI outputs) and I want to connect this to my HDTV (Sony D3000) so I can play my games (for example PES 2008) on a bigger screen.

Am I right in thinking I need a DVI to HDMI cable? Will I need anything else?

Also, could someone link me to the exact cable I'll need (2-3m) as I'm not sure what all the different connectors are (male, female, dvi-d etc.).

Thanks a lot for any help. :)

Yeah DVI to HDMI cable.
You will also need to audio cables for audio because DVI can not carry audio.

what's the difference between a dwarf and a midget?

A dwarf has a big head.

a midget has all his bits in proportion (Not the penis though - its meant to be as big as a 'normal' man!! :) ) - so he just looks like a little man (With a huge Penis).

Can someone with a 42" Plasma please look at this TV and the specs and give me some feedback, thanks.

Honestly, specs of brightness/contrast mean jack shit, unless you compare them within the same brand.

Doesn't look to good, Philips are not renowned at all for plasma.
The big guns in plasma markets are Pansonic, Pioneer, Samsung and to an extenet LG.

How much do you want to spend? Panasonic 42PX70 pedestal model is pretty cheap these days :)

My Dad bought it and its coming on Wednesday, without being disrespecful to him and the rest in my family its good enough for them, kinda like entry level in a way. I tried to suggest others to him but he ws concerned about the prices.

When it comes I'll hook up my PS3 to it and show him some stuff, hopefully he'll utter the words Sky HD!

I know what to look for in a TV, I just didn't want ti push.

Its pricey but a lot of the stuff I watch is also available in HD, I'd love to get it before 24 starts.

Its easy to get Sky HD, ring up sky and say we want a upgrade for free or were going to stop the service (number 1 rule for them not to lose the customer)they'll then agree and you'll get it for free :) my brother did this:lol:

Ive got Sky HD and to be honest im a bit disappointed at the lack of ACTUAL HD content and channels.... You see some of the HD Channels broadcast a fair few programs that ARENT actually HD at all. If it wasnt for the fact that Sky Sports looks brilliant when Premier League Football is on in HD then I would opt out of the HD option.

Bigger usually is and with High Definition it definitely is, Sometimes though it isnt. I can remember going from a 21" Standard Tube Television to a Samsung 42" Rear Projection TV..... TV pictures looked pretty pixellated and stretched out. As did Xbox Games.

I cant help myself i need a to buy something and a TV is what im going for

Anyone have any prices and recommendations of any 50 inch Tvs?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom