The TV Thread

fucking shit you guys get ripped off! my pops got the 58 inch plasma 1080p panasonic for $1800 US.... i mean honestly thats almost 18 times the price!

What make? Theres a lot of difference between cheap and good plasmas, like Pioneer's are a lot better than Samsung plasmas.

Anwyay CES news, and what cought my eye.
- Pioneers 1.7 inch thin(or thick :mrgreen:) plasma
- Pioneers ultimate black plasma, even mroe than the current Kuro's! :shock:
- Pansonic's 150" plasma!!! :8)::8)::8):
- Samsung's OLED displays, with a release date, I can't remember.

The two Pioneers mentioned are concepts so within 3-5 years hopefully :D
Especially with OLED nearly dead.

What make? Theres a lot of difference between cheap and good plasmas, like Pioneer's are a lot better than Samsung plasmas.

:8)::8)::8)::8):

That 150" goes on sale next year, the power plug must be massive!

My Bravia is getting delivered next Wednesday.

\\:o/

Release date for OLED displays? are these the small 11-15 inch ones?

Release date for OLED displays? are these the small 11-15 inch ones?

Samsung said Sony won't deliver on their 11" OLED this year, that it would come out next eyar.
Then Samsung showed their 31" and 14" OLEDs with no release dates
Sony showed a 27" OLED as well... no news on production.

So Sony 11" OLED this year late, or next year according to Samsung... politics.
And Smasungs roadmap says their first 40" OLED for 2010... again I say lies to boost profile, stock etc going well

I can't see them coming out for ages, I don't care. The Pioneer Ultimate Black looks bloody amazing, and am waiting for that.

its a Panasonic TH-58PZ700U rated very very highly, and very comparbale to a pioneer, its not a cheap one by anymeans

$2.5k for an 11" is a bit OTT but then again there will always be people who buy it and its limited stock.

I'd love to see a console hooked upto it...

Sony Z-Series

Sony Z-Series

With an elegant slim bezel, the full HD 1080p 40-inch KDL-40Z4100 and 46-inch KDL-46Z4100 models (all measured diagonally) feature the new BRAVIA Engine™ 2, Motionflow 120Hz high frame rate technology, x.v.Color, WCG-CCFL backlight with ACE (Advanced Contrast Enhancer circuitry) and 10-bit processing with a 10-bit panel. Both models are also DMeX and DMP compatible, while offering the USB digital music and photo player.

Motionflow creates 60 unique frames between each of the existing 60 frames, doubling the frames displayed per second in real-time, further improving images for fast action sports and other programming. The technology dramatically eliminates motion artifacts (“judder”) while watching content filmed at 24 frames-per-second. While watching DVDs, broadcast movies or prime-time television shows, you can enjoy all the fast-moving detail.

Enhancing the BRAVIA picture further is x.v.Color compatibility. This technology expands the potential color data range of video by about 1.8 times, resulting in the display of more natural and vivid colors similar to what the human eye can actually see. This complements Sony’s HD camcorder models, which capture color range beyond what broadcasters currently deliver.

The new televisions also include Sony’s BRAVIA® Sync™ one-button command, which integrates the operation of the TV with supporting external components connected via an HDMI™ input. Through a simple click of the remote, you can easily view a Blu-ray Disc™ movie, listen to surround sound audio via an AV receiver, and control other components like a Sony Handycam® camcorder -- all over a single HDMI cable (sold separately) connection.

Inputs include four 1080/60 24p HDMI connections (HDCP), two 1080/60p component inputs, and a 1080/60p PC input.

The Z-series models are also compliant with the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) specification, so they can display digital photos from PCs and other DLNA-enabled products.

That is US model I guess, and I wouldn't be suprised if some inputs are sacrificed, unfortunately.

And ACE (Advanced Contrast Enhancer circuitry), I'm so f***ing excited...

My TV is coming on Wednesday but I've just realised that the US models have XMB as the menu system!

Very bad i have emailed them 20 times phoned them 4 times today after them telling me they have sent it twice there a nightmare. Now i am told i will deffo get it tomorrow, i think the only reason is because it went up £100 since i ordered it. They didn't want to give it at the normal price but it's tuff shit we will see tomorrow.

Thats bad on their part.

My TV came yesterday, its lovely, my games have come to life and my BD's look amazing.

Nice! :)
Have a play with the settings and you can make it better, check out AVForums, people post up their settings there, so tinker around.

Nice! :)
Have a play with the settings and you can make it better, check out AVForums, people post up their settings there, so tinker around.

I've done that already, those guys are very helpful.

:8):

Gaming wise its fine, nothing to report negatively whilst playing the Burnout demo. I haven't watched any sports yet, I'll do that tomorrow.

Also regarding SD, I'm still trying to find the best settings for watching Sky.

HD content and upscaling DVD's is excellent.

One negative is that I can only access PiP if I have a PC connected to the TV.

Back
Top Bottom